Advice needed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive been hiding my head in the sand for quite a while now,

but had taken the decision to sort out my debts once and for all.

I joined equifax a week ago to check what damage I had done (Lots as it happens)

but was suprised to see 2 CCj's on there which I know nothing about.

They are for relatively small amounts.... £350 and £600 but there is no details about what they are for.

One was registered against me in 2005, the other in 2008.

Is there anything I can do regarding getting these removed?

I can and will pay them.

.. but surely it is unfair to register something against me I had no knowledge of?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mustard,

Firstly, the 2005 one is only a year away from SB. So let's not rockthat boat. Perhaps someone else can advise as it is an actual ccj, but pretty sure that 6 years puts you in the clear.

With the other one you could pay it to remove it if that's an option. Do you want or need to go into what they're for?

Would like to know more.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

a CCJ does not 'roll-off' after 6yrs, it just means it will have to go back to court for it to be enforced.

i would have a guess that it will be northapton bulk clear court that issues them.

it might well be an idea to ring them and ask for any details of them they might hold.

that could be a start to sorting the issues out .

even if you paid them it would only slightly improve you cra rating anyhow.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

a CCJ does not 'roll-off' after 6yrs, it just means it will have to go back to court for it to be enforced.

Thanks for pointing that out dx. Upon reflection that makes sense.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

I am desperate to buy a house... but unfortunately, my credit file is in such a mess it would be impossible to get a mortgage at present.

I had alot of financial difficulties a few years ago and pretty much defaulted on every credit card and loan I had.

Looking at my credit file with equifax it shows the following...

- 4 credit card defaults (Tho some of these have been passed onto dca's)

- 1 loan default

- 1 hire purchase default

- 2 CCJ's (though I have no idea what these were for... I never recieved any paperwork)

The last of the defaults was a year ago, with the majority of them 3 years old. One of the CCJ's is 5 years old.

None of the defaults are settled. I still owe on them all.... however, they have all given up chasing me as they could not come up with the CCA request.

Since my financial trouble I have got myself back on track. I earn a decent wage and have even managed to get a HSBC credit card (my bank)

Questions then...

- I have heard that paying the balance of a credit card off in full is not as good for your file as if you pay only some of the balance and therefore accrue interest. Is this true, as currently I pay the entire balance off every month.?

- I have also heard that I may be able to get the CCJ's set aside since I never recieved any paperwork for either of them. Is this true?

- What general things can I do to get myself in a better position?

The only current credit facilities I have is the HSBC card and my O2 mobile.

Any help.... however small, will be very appreciated.

Thanks

Firstly i would subject access request each company that has placed a default on your file in order to see if all the paperwork is correct ie, agreements, defaults etc.

If the paperwork is how it should be then you will just have to put up with defaults on your file. Pay them off to have them marked as satisfied.

As for the CCJ's one will dissappear off your file in a year and the other you can contact the issuing court for information on who issued it. The creditor would have to had issued you a default before entering the CCJ.

Key to clearing your file is pay everything off and gain all the information you need as a starting point.

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they do but if they are unsatisfied they can be enforced ay any time although they will no longer show on your file.

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed

• 3 weeks later...

I had two credit card from cap one and citi card,right after i lost my job and went into a hardship payment plan,got myself back a job and set about paying the debts paid,Firstly asked cap one for settlement figure owed £1000 paid £800.citi card would not give me a sttlement figure owed them £1200 but paid them £800 anyway,Here's the problem on getting a credit report cap one have said settled but partial payment plus a default,citi card have also put a default on my report,I cant get credit probaly due to these two debts,If i paid the rest to cap one and the balance to citi card would lenders look favourably with the debt settled but the defaults still on?, trying hard to clean up my credit rating

Thanks

Although it always good to settle a debt im afraid deafults settled or not are all the same in the eyes of lenders, the only way is to wait until they drop off your file.

Not ideal but the only way.

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I recently recieved a letter from Lowell and am puzzled by what it means.

I have 3 defaults on my credit file from Lowell. All to do with old credit cards.

I did a CCA request for all 3 cards and Lowell wrote back saying that they couldnt locate the original agreements and so were not going to pursue the debt and hand the file back to the original creditor.

Then, this week I recieved a letter which states...

"After reviewing the account and in the light of the timescales it has taken to achieve a satisfactory response, we are prepared to take a commercial view in relation to this matter and as a gesture of goodwill and strictly without any admission of liability are prepared to close the account. We will ensure your credit file will be amended to reflect this outcome, if indeed this is applicable to you"

Now im confused. Does this mean they will remove the defaults? What is a commercial view?

Its strange, as its been about a year since I heard from these guys.

Can anyone shed some light?

Highly unlikely (but you never know) They will probably put "settled" next to the offending items. Keep checking your file every month or so and see what happens

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

they only update to.. satisfied.. on to your CF and not removal.

just keep hold of that letter.

for some reason known only to lowlifes they tend to take this view every september to october...maybe a clean out ready for the next bulk buy.

lowell tend to forget they have took this commercial view and months down the line they MAY pass it across to red for another try.:lol:

west yorkshire TS will be very interested if this happens yet again.:-)

Edited by sam614
can't spell..

for some reason known only to lowlifes they tend to take this view every september to october...maybe a clean out ready for the next bulk buy.

I agree with this as I have just recieved the same letter from Lowlifes as the OP :-)

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

Hi all,

Firstly, any help, support or encouragement will be a huge lift for me in my struggle to get 'back on track'

I went through an awful time 3-4 years ago which has pretty much crippled me since then.

At that time I had a good job, house and no history of credit problems... ever.

Then it all went wrong. I defaulted on every account I had. Had repossession proceedings placed on my home and lost the job I had had for years.

It has taken me a while to get back on my feet. But I have!

Whats stopping me now from being 'normal' is the credit file issues that are stopping me from buying another house, or even getting any sort of reasonable credit.

The defaults are as follows.

1) Aktiv Kapital - £6800

This is from an EGG credit card. Alot of the balance is charges and interest.

2) Welcome finance - £9000 (hire purchase)

The car was only £5000 originally and I had made 16 payments of £253 so I have no idea where that balance has come from. I do no that there wasnt any PPI on the account.

3) Welcome finance - £3000 (loan)

Original loan was for only £2000 and had made 20 payments of £136. Again with no PPI

4) 1st Credit - £1500

Originally a citi financial credit card.

Mostly charges and interest as limit was £1000

5) T-Mobile - £250

6) Lowell portfolio - £1300

Originally a capital one card. Credit limit £1000

7) Lowell portfolio - £700

Capital one credit card. Credit limit £400

I have followed previous advice from here and asked for a CCA request from 1st credit and Lowell.

The responce I recieved was the usual 'we will forward it to you in due course'

But they never did. 1st credit said there were sending my file back to the original creditor, and Lowell wrote to me only last week saying that they were closing the case.

My questions are.. are the defaults legal now that they have acknowledged that they have no CCA?

Is there anyone out there with the knowledge and know-how to help me fight these?

Can I dispute the defaults if they are made up of unfair charges?

I am totally at a loss.

To make matters worse, I also have 2 CCJ's listed on my file. I have no idea what they are for. But they are for relatively small amounts. £350 and £500

I didnt recieve any notification of these ever.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Hi all,

Firstly, any help, support or encouragement will be a huge lift for me in my struggle to get 'back on track'

I went through an awful time 3-4 years ago which has pretty much crippled me since then.

At that time I had a good job, house and no history of credit problems... ever.

Then it all went wrong. I defaulted on every account I had. Had repossession proceedings placed on my home and lost the job I had had for years.

It has taken me a while to get back on my feet. But I have!

Whats stopping me now from being 'normal' is the credit filelink3.gif issues that are stopping me from buying another house, or even getting any sort of reasonable credit.

The defaults are as follows.

1) Aktiv Kapital - £6800

This is from an Egglink3.gif credit card. Alot of the balance is charges and interestlink3.gif.

2) Welcome finance - £9000 (hire purchase)

The car was only £5000 originally and I had made 16 payments of £253 so I have no idea where that balance has come from. I do no that there wasnt any PPIlink3.gif on the account.

3) Welcome finance - £3000 (loan)

Original loan was for only £2000 and had made 20 payments of £136. Again with no PPI

4) 1st creditlink3.gif - £1500

Originally a citi financial credit card.

Mostly charges and interest as limit was £1000

5) T-Mobile - £250

6) Lowell portfolio - £1300

Originally a Capital Onelink3.gif card. Credit limit £1000

7) Lowell portfolio - £700

Capital one credit card. Credit limit £400

I have followed previous advice from here and asked for a CCA request from 1st credit and Lowell.

The responce I recieved was the usual 'we will forward it to you in due course'

But they never did. 1st credit said there were sending my file back to the original creditor, and Lowell wrote to me only last week saying that they were closing the case.

My questions are.. are the defaults legal now that they have acknowledged that they have no CCA?

Is there anyone out there with the knowledge and know-how to help me fight these?

Can I dispute the defaults if they are made up of unfair charges?

I am totally at a loss.

To make matters worse, I also have 2 CCJ's listed on my file. I have no idea what they are for. But they are for relatively small amounts. £350 and £500

I didnt recieve any notification of these ever.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Well firstly your in the right place, and amongst those who have been in similar if not worse situations.

The fact that Lowlifes have closed their files, is indicative of how lazy they really are, and were hoping for an easier mug to fleece. So expect this and the 1st Crud debts to rear their ugly heads at a later date.

You are correct in that to be processing your data and updating your CRF they must have the correct paperwork, and the agreement to prove, otherwise they are committing offences under the DPA.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?254802

The T mobile account doesn't come under the CCA so they won't provide you with the agreement, the way froward with mobile phone contracts is to SAR the provider. But this is a very small amount so doesn't need any immediate attention.

The CCJ's are a concern as they clearly obtained these by default, had you moved around at the time these CCJ's were awarded? If so had you informed your creditors of your new address?

Who won the CCJ's and how long ago?

If you had no idea of these and were not aware so were unable to put in a defence then you should look at getting them set aside.

Did you CCA 'ALL' of the above? How many have replied, and how long ago did you send your request? Did you send it recorded delivery?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Think that just about covers it. Only to add, that, unfortunately getting this lot removed from your Credit Files, although technically illegal, will be an uphill struggle. Some on here have managed it with dogged determination and actual Court Action taken against various companies, but, unless you manage to get every single one off, it is not going to make any improvement at all. I have a satisfied CCJ on my files now, and a couple of other 'settled accounts, but no-one will give me any credit, and by that I mean not even a Debit Card on my bank account! I have to use a pre-paid card.

If you are going to have a go at removing anything, might I suggest to start first with the account that will 'drop off' last, and work towards the earliest if you see what I mean.

Hi,

And thanks for your replies... even just reading them provides some comfort.

Yes, I am definately going to go all guns blazing at trying to sort out and improve my situation..... so watch this space!

To answer some of your questions bazooka, I CCA requested Lowells and 1st credit. About a year ago now.

As they have no CCA and have effectively 'dropped' my case, do you know of a template letter I could send them to ask them to remove any data from the CRA's?

The CCJ's were issued around the time I sold my house yes. I had no fixed address for a while after that (6 months or so) and so I didnt recieve any paperwork at all.

Unfortunately, I have no idea who these were from as ive never received any correspondance.

I am prepared for a long hard battle, I just need some support from you guys.

I CCA requested Lowells and 1st credit. About a year ago now.

As they have no CCA and have effectively 'dropped' my case, do you know of a template letter I could send them to ask them to remove any data from the CRA's?

Has anyone else come out of the woodwork requesting payment on these accounts? What does your CRF say, if it still has Lowlifes and 1st Crud against the outstanding balance/default entry, then they can be sent the s10 DPA letter, first one in the link below.

The CCJ's were issued around the time I sold my house yes. I had no fixed address for a while after that (6 months or so) and so I didnt recieve any paperwork at all.

Unfortunately, I have no idea who these were from as ive never received any correspondance.

Do you know which court these were awarded at, probably Nottingham? The second link below 'might' provide you with this info, either way the point should be to get a set aside as you had no knowledge of these and were unable to defend them, so they were awarded by default.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/586-legal-notice-issued-under-section-10-of-the-data-protection-act-1980

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

How long ago were the CCJ's awarded?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I've only had correspondance from lowells and 1st credit. Not even a whisper from welcome.

Saying that, I have been getting between 4 and 10 phone calls from aktiv kapital per day, but I don't answer and just ignore the calls.

I shall send lowells and 1st credit the s10. Thanks for that advice!

Should I make contact with welcome? I guess if they can't produce a valid CCA then I could fight them too? Or is that too risky?

As for the CCJ's, they were processed in northampton. One in 2007 the other 2008.