Hermes lost my collected parcel, SimplyBe say I'm liable for the value

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening,

I have a problem with a Hermes collection which is making me very worried and upset.

I arranged for a parcel to be collected,

the courier finally turned up and my husband saw the courier collect the parcel but on checking in the safe place there was no card.

My parcel hasn't been received by SimplyBe so they made enquires with Hermes who deny there was a driver in the area on the day my parcel was collected.

They have advised that I am liable for the value of the goods.

What do I do?

Is my issue against the courier or SimplyBe?

I have read how awful Hermes are with numerous posts of missing parcels, fraudulently signed deliveries.

Any helped would be appreciated.

Thank you

Good evening,

I have a problem with a Hermes collection which is making me very worried and upset.

I arranged for a parcel to be collected,

the courier finally turned up and my husband saw the courier collect the parcel but on checking in the safe place there was no card.

My parcel hasn't been received by SimplyBe so they made enquires with Hermes who deny there was a driver in the area on the day my parcel was collected.

They have advised that I am liable for the value of the goods.

What do I do?

Is my issue against the courier or SimplyBe?

I have read how awful Hermes are with numerous posts of missing parcels, fraudulently signed deliveries.

Any helped would be appreciated.

Thank you

The person your husband saw might not have been from Hermes, as fhey don't normally drive around with Hermes signs on their vans. The Hermes collectors i have seen just use white vans.

You might therefore presume that the person your husband saw was an opportunist thief who has stolen your parcel and you are responsible for this loss, unless you are covered by Insurance. You would need to report to Police as a theft and if claiming on Insurance provide the crime reference number to Insurers.

Personally, i would never leave a parcel outside to be collected in this way. I live in a safe area and any parcel is unlikely to be stolen, but unless i have proof it was collected, then if it went missing, i would be responsible for the loss.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I'm afraid that we've had enough reports on this forum about Hermes and their drivers and disappearing deliveries to put me off using the service anyway.

If they have some system where apparently you leave the parcel outside and you then simply have to trust that it has been correctly collected, I'm sorry but I think that this is a very fragile system and I think that you take a big risk by relying on it. I think Hermes is crazy to do this. If they are interested in managing reputational risk, then this is not the way for them.

I think probably you will have to accept the loss yourself. However, I'd be very interested to see what Hermes say about this system and the terms and conditions. Maybe you can reproduce them.

It does occur to me that if at this point you are acting under the instruction of Hermes then maybe they should take some share in the responsibility if something goes missing.

As I say, you probably will have to accept the loss yourself – but maybe you could let us have a look at the fine detail and the small print of the Hermes scheme.

What is the value of the lost item?

• 3 weeks later...

Another person who posts a story asking for help and then never comes back to see if there's been any response