Rejecting Sofa From SCS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We've just had two sofas delivered on Tuesday afternoon but hav dinky got around to examining them thoroughly in daylight today, what we've found are two different shades of light and dark patches on our Sofas, the sofas in quaerion are in a charcoal herringbone material.

Now what I want to know is can I reject them without having to wait for a technician to come round and examine them like they suggested when I rang the store today,my main concern with that is that would take us past the 14 day deadline?

In fact under the Consumer Rights Act, you have a 30 day deadline in which to assert your short-term right to reject. The assumption is that there is a defect which was there at the time of sale and by rejecting the goods within the first 30 days, you are entitled to a replacement or full refund at your option.

In any event, even under your 14 day deadline, I would assert the rejection by putting it in writing and sending it to them recorded delivery.

In a separate envelope assert your short-term right to reject under the Consumer Rights Act and say that you want a refund or replacement – you choose.

I suggest that you enclose photographs if you can of the problem.

Of course although you are asserting these rights, the difficulty may be in getting the supplier to accept the rejection. However, the most important thing is to get the rejections in within the deadlines and in writing.

After that if you get any difficulties come back here

• 3 months later...

Another update on our current plight .

We exchanged the above faulty sofa for one of their Laxy Boy sofas which costs us a further £500,

this was deceived at the end of May and low and behold this one was also faulty with numerous faults

the main one being a tear at the rear of one of the sofas when it was delivered.

We immediately rejected the sale again and a technician came out two weeks ago and said the the fault could be repaired but we've rejected this.

Their head office called last week trying to fob me off with a repair

I stuck to my guns in refusing a repair and they said they would contact the store we purchased it from.

Fast forward to the here and now

we've been up to our local store and the manager said we could choose another one from the leather range as we had no confidence in the fabric sofas, he said that he'd have a word with his regional manager and see if they could pay the difference to.

I received a call the following day saying the regional manager was prepared to put £250 to the costs of an upgrade ( the total costs would be an extra £1000 )

we've declined this offer and said either they pay the outstanding difference or we'll have a full refund of the deposit of £700 and cancel the credit agreement for the rest.

We're now awaiting a decision

to be quite honest we just want a refund even though this will mean we'll be without a sofa ( And I'm recovering from major surgery in a full leg cast ) whilst we locate another.

My question is

how long would it take for our contract to be cancelled so we can finance another,

I've heard some horror stories of people having to wait until it goes to the small claims court before they see a refund?

Edited by Solar Cycles