Where do I stand with this?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Found a charge of £15.99 on my phone bill,

after looking into it

I now know that I have be paying this monthly charge for the last 4 years.

This was due to some router thing that uses mobile phone data from its own sim.

I had been sold it over the phone but can only think I cancelled it at the end of the call or called back the same day to cancel this as I realised it was of no use.

Well I now know the device was never sent as the phone company have told me it was sent and then returned 2 days later and on my account it says cancelled and returned.

I know I didnt recieve it because I have now looked up the device and have never set eyes on this before, not even a pic on the net.

It may have just been dispatched and then they had to retrieve it from courier or whatever.

All I know is that I never entered into a contract.

But I still have this ongoing charge.

Once I understood all of this and explained this to them, they have offered me £200 good will.

I refused the offer and have requested a full refund.

Now they are looking into it and coming back to me tomorrow.

Am I likely to get all my money back, am I legally entitled to my money back?

What can I do if they dont offer me a full refund?

They told me that because its been so long they cant offer a full refund.

Also told me its my fault for not checking my bill.

Also have been told that there is no more info as to if I have received the item or if its been returned so its not proof.

They also want me to put in a claim for it being fraud but they cant tell me why???

So confusing.

Would love some help with this.

Thanks in advance to anyone offering some help as to how I should approach this one!

you mean a mobile USB broadband dongle

you should get every penny back

who's the provider

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Please could you let us know which company you are dealing with here.

Secondly, please will you read our customer services guide and implement the advice there. You are doing everything on the telephone and you have no evidence to show in the event that the next person you speak to gives you a different story or goes into denial.Alternatively, you can say that they had a contractual duty to receive the return and to halt any claims on the direct debit and to refund you in full for any money you had.

If they don't call you then I suggest that you put the position in writing to them immediately because it is important to establish a paper trail.

You should also contact your bank about invoking the direct debit guarantee although there may well be problems going back that far.

From what you say, this is money which has been paid under a mistake and you are entitled to get it all back.