CRS / Harlands / Lifestyle Fitness Gym Membership

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2555 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am really hoping you can help.

March 2016 I joined Lifestyle Fitness gym in my home town.

My boyfriend got a job as a personal trainer there and we split in October 2016 and November 2016 I cancelled my DD.

I sent via their online web form that I am cancelling and my reasons were due to a breakdown of an abusive relationship I no longer feel comfortable going into my gym.

I didn't receive any correspondence back.

Now, every few weeks I'm receiving threatening letters from CRS which seem to be getting increasingly more threatening.

I have tried to call and explain why I've left which they were initially quite helpful and said they're going to contact Harlands to see what they could do.

As of half an hour ago I received a phone call from them.

I answered and the man on the phone couldn't care less..

. Just kept saying my reasons for leaving are not within the terms and conditions so therefore pay up.

The call got quite heated, he wasn't professional at all!

I got upset and told him to do one (not so politely) and hung up.

I'm not looking for sympathy from them.

Unfortunately, my reason for leaving (to me at least) feels like an exceptional circumstance.

I'm reading a lot that states don't pay them anything as they're not legitimate.

Is anyone able to offer some advice? What can I do to get them to stop and leave me alone!?

It's at the point I'm scared to check the post to see more red letters.

Thanks.

you should ideally offer them ONE monthly payment

as there'll be a 30 days cancellation period.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?476155-Help-with-harlands!&p=5012423#post5012423

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

link in post 2

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi BB and welcome to CAG

Your circumstances are fairly unique compared to the majority of cases we see here.

You must understand that Harlands/CRS are bullying chancers who harass folk in the hope of getting paid - they have no authority at all and can mostly be ignored.

Do not speak to the gym or Harlands again, for ANY reason. If they call you, just hang up with no explanation.

If you want, I can draft a letter to the gym to deal with your unique circumstance ...............

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi BB and welcome to CAG

Your circumstances are fairly unique compared to the majority of cases we see here.

You must understand that Harlands/CRS are bullying chancers who harass folk in the hope of getting paid - they have no authority at all and can mostly be ignored.

Do not speak to the gym or Harlands again, for ANY reason. If they call you, just hang up with no explanation.

If you want, I can draft a letter to the gym to deal with your unique circumstance ...............

Hi, thank you! :)

I've gathered that from what I'm reading on here but they are winning at being threatening at the minute!

Yes, if you could. I'd be very grateful. Hopefully then, they may stop.

Hi BB,

I've had a look but haven't found a head office address for Lifestyle Fitness. If you know it, or can find it, address this letter to them and delete the first paragraph..

Otherwise address this to the actual gym your were a member of :-

The Manager

Lifestyle Fitness Gym

Address

xxxxxx

xxxxxx

Dear sir or madam,

Unless you are willing to cancel my membership immediately and stop Harlands/CRS harassing me, please forward this letter to your head office for their attention.

Due to the nature of this issue, I require it to be dealt with by the gym manager or senior head office staff.

I was a gym member from March 2016 and my then boyfriend started working there as a personal trainer.

The relationship ended in October 2016 as it was abusive. In the circumstances, I was not comfortable using the gym again. I used the online form to cancel and confirmed the circumstances. The DD was cancelled in November 2016.

I received no response to the cancellation so assumed it was processed and the matter was over.

Since then, I have been harassed by Harlands and CRS seeking increasing payments. The callers have been rude, threatening and abusive and this is very upsetting to me.

Please confirm that the membership is terminated and that I'll receive no further contact from Harlands/CRS.

Yours faithfully,

Send this to the gym or head office by RM Signed For delivery unless the address has a PO Box number. In that case, just get a free Certificate of Posting at the PO when you send it.

Meanwhile, ignore calls and demands from Harlands/CRS. If they call you and you answer, just hang up. The have no authority and you have no need to speak to them at all.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)