• Tweets

• Your page numbers should run through your WX and exhibits so im concerned its page x of 9.
    • Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Old GE money mortgage now Kensington - Arrears & Payment Arrangement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wrote to GE months ago by recorded delivery and asked them to post me a statement of charges

( as what was included with the SAR was really difiicult to work out what was what)

wrote and asked for a clear breakdown of charges and what each charge was for/when/why etc but not had a reply from them at all. J

ust wondering what i should do next?>

Thanks!

Did you send them a letter stating that the sar wasnt fully complied with? Remember, if they refuse to fulfill the sar correctly then you can consider legal action for disclosure

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

No i didnt because they did include a statement

its just it was quite difficult to understand their payment references and what the charges were for if you see what i mean.

I just thought it would be easier to request a clear breakdown of what was what

Should I send a letter saying they didnt include a statement,

even though they did,

it just was very difficult to work out what was what

• 2 weeks later...

I have received the 'All charges statement' from GE at last! Im not sure what charges im supposed to include in the spreadhseet, If anyone who knows wouldnt mind letting me know this is what the statement includes;

Direct Debit recall charges £20.00

Administration fee charges £40.00

Default notice charges £35.00

Solicitor interim legal fees £23.00

Solicitor interim legal fees 272.75

solicitor interim legal fees £141.00

solicitor interim legal fees £120.75

Returned cheque fee £25.00

Valuation fee £45.00

thanks for any help :)

I have received the 'All charges statement' from GE at last! Im not sure what charges im supposed to include in the spreadhseet, If anyone who knows wouldnt mind letting me know this is what the statement includes;

Direct Debit recall charges £20.00 Yes

Administration fee charges £40.00 Yes

Default notice charges £35.00 No....should only be one of these I think?

Solicitor interim legal fees £23.00 No

Solicitor interim legal fees 272.75 No

solicitor interim legal fees £141.00 No

solicitor interim legal fees £120.75 No

Returned cheque fee £25.00 Yes

Valuation fee £45.00 No

thanks for any help :)

See answers in red above :-)

• 1 month later...

things have gone somewhat pear shaped today and I am unable to continue working self employed until possibly January 2014.

I have had to call income support today to claim for benefits for myself as a single parent & my 2 children.

I am one month in arrears with my mortgage with GE money (mortgage is £400 per month) and Im just wondering what my rights are and what i should offer them in terms of an arrangement.

Whenever I speak to them when i have had a problem in the past I always end up paying over what i can afford,

but I want to go into the conversation knowing my rights.

If anyone can advise i would be grateful as right now I have about £200 to last me for the month and thats got to cover my pay as you go energy as well as food.

Gulp.

:|:|

Hello there, have you applied for support for mortgage as well as your income support?

They have an obligation to be as fair and reasonable as they can - but ultimately you'll need to be able to meet the mortgage instalment + a little towards any arrears to prevent potential repossession.

Here's a fab guide regarding mortgage arrears:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/guide.php?page=guide-mortgage-arrears

• 2 months later...

I am in arrears with my mortgage but been speaking to GE regularly with updates.

Recently gone onto income support as I recently became single parent and have 2 babies.

I (foolishly) spoke to them today and the woman said that unless the arrears were paid off within 15 days then the account would go legal.

Panicking slightly as in 2009 I had a suspended possesion order on the house.

Also received in the post today saying

"you now have a period of 15 business days to rectify this matter as the account will then be passed to our legal dept for further action.

In this event a fee of £375.00 plus VAT will be applied to your account and further fees/charges and interest may be incurred depending on the type of action that has been taken.

they also posted seperately a Default notice with mentions of legal action.

I have been making some payments to them,

last week paid £100.00,

the month before that £100.00.

I applied for SMI support payments and they are starting this month so Ge will be receiving the full monthly mortgage payments from the government,

I dont understand why they have taken this attitude with me

- when they know they will be receiving guarunteed payments this month, they are getting shirty over £950.00 arreas which i am paying off bit by bit.

Can anyone suggest how i should approach them about this?

Thank you CAG

Edited by dx100uk

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know if anyone can help me with some advice here,

getting in a real pickle with GE MONEY over around £900 of arrears.

Ive had all sorted of letters from them including an agent visit last week,

the chap was here for about 2 hours going through income/expenditure taking copies of my loan agreements/passport/utility bills

I think that although he said he wanted to use the loo that infact he was just looking round.

I setup an arrangement with him the pay £100 a month until arrears were cleared and he said he would file his report back to GE money so that they stopped contacting me,

Today I have had non stop calls from them again,

i finally got cross and answered the call and again they asked for payment and mention legal action etc.

I was advised by the national debt line recently to send in a formal complaint which i did,

as I have been trying to setup an arrangement with them and they are inundating me with calls.

They are going to receive SMI payments this month and so the mortgage will be paid its just the arrears they are getting on my case about.

Can anyone please advise me what to do to get them to back off?

Im getting so stressed with all the calls and visits etc!

• 2 weeks later...

GE have written and said they have started possesion proceedings!

I have made an arrangement with them of £100 a month to pay off the arrears of £1368 but they send this letter,

why would they do this when the arranegment is in place?

• 4 months later...

Politetly decline their offer of home visits by any representatives..

This is something they think is useful to do to go through your income/ expenses with you.

You do not need to allow them a visit that they will charge you up to £80.00 for and will be useless.

Cab can help with your ins and outs. then you can post that to GE if needs be.

STOP communication via a telephone unless you have the means to record your conversations.

Windows 7 has a voice recorder built in.

Go to start button & type in the search box ( voice recorder )

Use that to keep the conversations if you must call them.

Remind them that whilst you are in receipt of benefits they must do all they can to assist you with your difficulties,

this is their legal obligation.

They must not apply charges to your account whilst you are in receipt of SMI payments, doing so would futher your hardship.

Look for charges applied on your account from past months.

Keep an eye on them.

These are what they will take action on.

Remind them that they have a duty of care towards you and that constant calls from their legal team are only making the situation worse & that if they wish to communicate with you they should do so either by letter direct or through Stepchange or similar.

The best way to deal with idiots who bully people into capitulation is to play their own game.:-(

Read as much from the forum as possible.

There are others on here that have similar situations.

Perhaps it will give you comfort to know you are not alone.

Write them a letter explaining your situation.

Keep it factual.

Contact Step change debt charity.

Brilliant people.

Get them on side as soon as.

I speak from my own experience which is posted elsewhere on this forum and do so without legal background or intervention. Good luck !

Edited by PesteredbyGEmoney

• 3 months later...

Been a while since ive had a chance to look at this again

(thanks to lots of help from CAG I just had unfair charges repaid by Very.co.uk so as this was successful I now feel confident to go ahead with GE),

but just wondering, the charges have been added to the outstanding balance on the house (added to the mortgage) ,

my monthly payments have been adjusted to include repayments accordingly with the new addition of the charges onto the total.

If I did ask them to repay charges following your guide lines, and say they agreed

- how would they go about refunding me being as the charges have been added to my total balance?

• 1 year later...

I have been in hardship for about 5 years,

been in and out of mortgage arrangements ,

and 1 suspended possession order,

which was about 5 years ago.

Since this time I have had multiple mortgage admin charges of £40.00,

whilst the account was in arrears,

probably about 3500 worth of charges.

I was told a while ago I could possibly,

reclaim these charges but did not follow this up.

Is this still worth a go doing.

Seems unfair that they charged for hardship when the account never went more than £1500 arrears at any one time.

Then there was the solicitors charges which was unnecessary as was in communication with them at the time.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Admin charges have been and continue to be added to total mortgage,

so been paying additional interest.

Interest only mortgage

yes, you can recover them if they are not part of the origianl agreement and even if they are the amount must reflect their costs not just some arbitrary amount so a fiver a pop would be closer to the mark.

They shouldnt be charging interest on the amount either as it is not part of the loan but a fixed fee.

• 1 year later...

Hi to anyone that can help.

I have an interest only mortgage with Kensington,

they recently took the mortgage over from GE Money.

Kensington have definitely been more patient and understanding in terms of my hardship.

I have arrears of about £2500.00

I have been paying when I can and sticking to arrangements.

My ex partner (father of my 2 little ones) has bipolar and cannot always work and therefore cannot always make payments so this has always put me in a hardship position.

Kensington have been pushing for an arrangement which I completely understand

- I called them yesterday and explained this was an extremely stressful time and they kept me on the phone for 40 minutes to come back to me to say that they would not be able to stop proceedings to repossess without an arrangement.

I'm finding it so hard to concentrate on anything

I advised Kensington that I started anti depressants and am taking low dose Valium too and finding it very difficult to cope with day to day things.

I was upset when on the phone yesterday

they did not agree to just give me a few days to get through my serious issue

I offered them the police ref number but they did not want it.

Edited by dx100uk
child sex case

Firstly, it will be helpful if you could use better spacing and paragraph spacing in your post. It's very difficult to read a solid block of text online. It may put people off helping you.

Secondly, do you say that you already have some arrangement with GE money or with Kensington? And that you have stuck to the terms of this arrangement?

If so then do I gather that Kensington are trying to change the terms of that arrangement?

Ok thank you sorry.

I have offered them £100 a month for the next three months and asked them for a few days to get through the thick of what's going on, I am self employed and been unable to work due to whats been happening I have asked for a few days to be able to provide accurate income and expenditure

thank you bank fodder

£100 seems quite a lot to me.

You originally said that there was an agreement but now you are saying that you have simply offered it to them. Can you clarify this please.

Whatever you do end up offering them, you don't want to over commit yourself because if you falter on the instalment plan later on then that opens a door for them to come crashing in on you.

Can you please gives a bit more detail of exactly who has said what to whom