Fowlers Finance and broken/hagfing exhaust 2 days after purchased

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently got a car from Fowler's Finance

2 days after getting it home I found out that the exhaust was hanging down under the car and had broken away from the bracket.

Upon checking the paperwork for my MOT certificate it was on the current MOT as an advisory,

I contacted Fowler's and they told me due to the distance from the garage that I could get an independent quote from a garage to repair the car and send it to them and they would pay it to be repaired.

The garage sent a quote back for around £800 and Fowler's said No it was too much and it would have to go to the Enfield Branch for repair.

I had arranged with the After sales team to get it repaired on a Saturday morning at the Enfield Branch,

I had to take the weekend off work to take it there

when I arrived the Mechanic told me they knew nothing about the repair and didn't have the part anyway, he also told me they were very busy and better to come by the next weekend.

I went away and rang the After sale on the Monday to be told that Fowler's were closed in many branches at the moment and the After sales person dealing with the issue was not in and didn't know when he would be back,

they also told me that the Mechanic did know about the repair and had mislead me,

they don't seem to want to help and I cant get in contact with the Enfield Branch as it goes to answerphone and the After sales don't help either.

At the moment I cannot really drive the car as the exhaust is hanging down and need replacing in total.

I missed out on a days work and have had wasted days because of these people but don't know what to do.

Can anybody help please

£800 to fix the exhaust seems an awful lot. If it were me, i would find an independent garage locally, get the work done and invoice Fowlers. They are liable for the cost of the work and the problems you had are unreasonable.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

or reject the car totally under CRA and get your moneyback?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

what car is it? 800 is more than a full exhaust minum manifold for a top end landy costs.

However, you got it in finance so youd expect it to be almost perfect. I would reject it in full as per your legal rights.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The car is a Ford Mondeo 59 plate.

I had got the quote from a local mechanic but fowlers said they won't pay it and wanted to know why it needed a full exhaust. They also then said that they want to repair it and order the parts themselves.

I'm having problems getting it repaired and cannot get anywhere with anyone from after sales or the branch, no one is interested in sorting it out and the after sales manager Mark has apparently left and not coming back.

I thought about paying to have it repaired but i risk fowlers not paying me the money back.

Under the CRA and taking into consideration the number of days of ownership, you would be fully within your rights to reject the vehicle and get all of your money back. As the finance company own the vehicle also send them a letter of rejection in addition to the letter to the car dealership even if they are on the same premises.

The car is a Ford Mondeo 59 plate.

I had got the quote from a local mechanic but fowlers said they won't pay it and wanted to know why it needed a full exhaust. They also then said that they want to repair it and order the parts themselves.

I'm having problems getting it repaired and cannot get anywhere with anyone from after sales or the branch, no one is interested in sorting it out and the after sales manager Mark has apparently left and not coming back.

I thought about paying to have it repaired but i risk fowlers not paying me the money back.

I have an 11 Plate Mondeo, and I had the same, It needed a new back box only. I took it to my local Ford Dealer and they fitted new (non-Ford) back box for far less than £800

I did take it to a type/battery/exhaust place but they said they couldn't do it.

Jeremy

Computer Problems? Give me a shout...

I'd reject the car and go elsewhere

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D