Issue with 2nd hand car

C&D
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I am after some advice please. Quick version of a long story.

I brought a car from a garage in January and within a few days I realised it doesn't like cold starts and it would jump and cut out.

I took it back twice and they couldn't find a fault.

Then the engine light came on so it went back again and they changed the lambda sensors.

Got it back and within a few days the light was back on..

This time I wrote requesting a refund as the car is clearly faulty.

They asked for another chance to fix it which I said they could have if they collected the car (so they did).

That was over two weeks ago!

They diagnosed a faulty catalytic converter so ordered a second hand one then when that was done they took it to a main dealer to have an ecu update.

I then assumed it was fixed and asked to collect it but they said they wanted to drive it round for a couple of days to check its OK (they had it fixed on Fri and I phoned mon so in my opinion, they had already had a couple of days).

They then said that when someone was driving it,

it jumped (this never happened to me, it only jumped when cold)

so they've taken it back to main dealer who can't give a timeframe on when it will be looked at.

I emailed them Fri saying they have until cob tues to fix it and give it back or to refund me..

. My questions;

If they say they need more time,

what can I do as they will have had it almost three weeks by Tuesday!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]

did you inform the dealer of the issue with

1, 14 days

2. or within 30 days?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

did you inform the dealer of the issue with

1, 14 days

2. or within 30 days?

dx

I told them within 14 days and then it went back to them but that might have been after 14 days but Def within 30.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]C [COLOR=black]& [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]D :) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC[/B][COLOR=#000000]- Full settlement received & spent! £1,477.93 :-) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=mediumturquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]HSBC claim 2![/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - Full settlement offer received 27/06 - £1,116 :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]A&L[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] (for my Nan) - full settlement received on day of prelim hearing - approx £1500 :-)[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Halifax[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - full settlement received 30/06 - £2576! :) [/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=mediumturquoise][B]Barclays[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000] - (for a friend) - Court forms were due to be submitted but he wants to wait for results of the court case with OFT[/COLOR][/FONT] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=mediumturquoise]A&L[/COLOR][/B] - (for a friend) - court forms submitted - claim 'stayed' due to OFT case[/COLOR][/FONT]

I've just looked and I took it back on 30th Jan. I purchased it on 13th so just over two weeks.

no that's great

you even verbally told them within 14 days

and took it back within 30days

under CRA you are entitled to cancel the deal and get a full refund.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I wrote to them requesting a refund saying I wanted to reject the car under the cra but he begged for another chance which I gave them

but it's been over two weeks and they've been telling me lies.

Ive written and emailed giving them until cob tues to get the car fixed and back to me

but I don't know what I need to do if they don't do it by then?

Do I need to see if they have a mediator or just issue court forms?

nope goto the FCA and ask advise

or write to them giving them 7 days to refund fully or you'll issue a court claim without further notice.

head the letter

Letter Before Claim

but you MUST go thru with that threat if you issue it

and they

I'm happy to go through with the threat as they've had four attempts to fix the car and this time they've had it 18 days!

Thanks x