Need you to tell me I can do it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Trying to hold it together ;(. Had lots of death in the family and sunk very low. Debts have mounted and I buried my head to cope. Went to debt charity but was told to think about getting a debt relief order.

Then today told there is a chance I could be involved in a family biz but would need to NOT be a bankrupt or in an iva/dro.

it's given me some hope for future, relation said they might be able to get together 10%?? for me to do a f&f.

If I could emerge from this hell hole I can't tell you how fantastic it would be.

I appreciate my credit file will be awful for 6 years no matter what.

So here I sit and look at a big bag of debts moorcroft etc and feel sick. This site has given me the idea it's possible to live again. Where do i start?

Urgh, lots of letter from Moorcroft.

Weird one from dlc, they had been asking for just over 5k 'owed' to the Bank of Ireland for a credit card (it must have been sent last year).

Then I see I got a letter from dlc dated the middle of December saying "We can confirm our client has asked us to close your account. Please ensure no further payments are sent to dlc. No further action is requied. Yours sincerely"

What the heck does that mean? Has it been passed to a different debt collection agency or have they given up? Maybe the letter sent by the debt charity last year made them realise I was hopeless? I would love to ensure they never chased me again for this money - how can I?

Well you've been here since 2011 so you must have a fairly good idea of how people post.

You start off by beginning a new thread in a businesslike and structured way, telling us all of the debts you have including dates, amounts outstanding, whether they are still with the original creditor whether they have been passed on or sold on to some agency – and who the agency might be.

Think whether you have applied for CCAs or whether you have incurred any charges or with the there is any PPI associated with any of the debts.

We look forward to seeing your story.

I'm closing this thread

I see that our site team member DX has come online and has already seen this thread

Please post your stories as advised and I'm sure that you will soon start getting the help that you need.

You'll feel much better after we have helped you see the way through

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks