If you're on JSA, why do JCP staff choose what jobs you should do?

Foebane72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was hoping that if I ended up on JSA, I could do their token jobsearch on the abysmal Jobmatch site and then do my own jobsearch later on at home at proper sites like Indeed or whatever, but it seems they're not letting you do that without a sanction. Why is that? Don't they trust us to look for ourselves? They honestly don't want people claiming benefits in the first place so it would be obvious that they would help us in our OWN jobsearch rather than theirs.

In fact, I heard a rumour that those upright machines with the touchscreens that print out jobs for you have disappeared entirely from ALL JCPs - is that true?

Are you on JSA then?

Not at the moment, but I am certain I will be forced onto it soon, and I just want to know what I can possibly expect. I've been reading up on sanctions, suspensions and God knows what again and I can't believe what I'm heading for. All negative news!

OK, so what is the story please?

Are you on ESA? DLA? PIP?

What are you currently claiming if anything??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

OK, so what is the story please?

Are you on ESA? DLA? PIP?

What are you currently claiming if anything??

I'm on ESA WRAG, but I think that time is coming to an end. I just filled in and sent off an ESA50, and am anxiously awaiting the result. My letter said the deadline was 4th of April, but I sent it off early on the 20th of March. I've been on ESA since (I think 2012) and I never had any demands for interviews nor sanctions nor anything, but I have a feeling I will be called up for a WCA as soon as possible and hell from then on. Even if I'm not called up for a WCA, I know I will be at some point and I feel depressed and sick about what's coming. Reading up such negative stuff on the internet probably hasn't helped, neither.

The jobpoints were removed from JCP offices some time ago as you could search but not apply for jobs. So there are now computers available to use. The jobseekers agreement SHOULD be a discussion between you and your work coach and they should ask what type of work you think you are likely to achieve as well as what you would like to do. Try not to worry too much at the moment as you don't know what the outcome of your ESA50 is yet.

The jobpoints were removed from JCP offices some time ago as you could search but not apply for jobs. So there are now computers available to use. The jobseekers agreement SHOULD be a discussion between you and your work coach and they should ask what type of work you think you are likely to achieve as well as what you would like to do. Try not to worry too much at the moment as you don't know what the outcome of your ESA50 is yet.

Yes, the jobpoints were quite useless, as although some jobs had an email address you could send a CV to, most had a phone number you'd have to call anyway, to apply. At least having the computers there is a better sign.

Thank you for this information, Flumps1976, and yes, I am worrying myself too much for no good reason, but I have always tended to do that in my life. And I should really cross that bridge when I come to it, and not read about other peoples' experiences but focus on my own circumstances as they arise.

Why can't someone just answer my question, from their own experiences? Why the third degree?

Perhaps they want to ensure their personal experience matches with your circumstances.

No matter, since it's up to you if you want to run the risk of

a) getting people's experiences that are valid for their circumstances and not yours, or

b) people whose experiences are relevant to your circumstances deciding not to answer because it seems you'll just snap back at them.

Self help site : means you have to help others help you.

Why can't someone just answer my question, from their own experiences? Why the third degree?

People are asking you questions with the best of intentions - they are assuming you have a problem you need help with, and are seeking the information they need to offer advice. That's how this website works. As BazzaS says, it's a self-help site and you need to participate to get the best from it. Flumps1976 has also offered you excellent advice in pointing out that you don't yet know what the outcome of your ESA50/WCA will be. It's worth focusing on that for now.

You asked "Why do JCP staff choose what jobs you will do?" and then asked people to answer it in terms of their own experiences. The thing is, people can tell you what happened, how it happened and so on, but "why" isn't a question that can be answered from personal experience. JCP staff ask you to search and apply for particular jobs because that is what they are required to do. I think these rules are wrong, I think they damage people, I think they damage civil society as a whole, but we're stuck with them until we, as citizens of a democracy, force our politicians to change them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

ESA WRAG is for 365 days then you're booted off it, whether they have found you work or not.

You should have been having WFI?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I'm on ESA WRAG, I've been on ESA since (I think 2012) and I never had any demands for interviews nor sanctions nor anything

If you've been on ESA WRAG since 2012, then it would have ceased in 2013, as you're only able to claim that for 365 days.

You will also be mandated to attend work focused interviews, and training in an effort to gain employment before your 365 days are up.

If you're in the ESA SG (support group) then you are NOT subject to the WFI or any training, UNLESS you wish to make yourself available to them.

What was the prognosis from your last WCA?

I've never had a WCA.

I was on Incapacity Benefit / Income Support from 2005 up to around 2012, when I received an ESA50. I filled it in, sent it back, and they granted me ESA WRAG soon afterwards. I've been on it ever since, much more than 365 days, more like around five years, and never had a WCA.