Broadband and landline users to receive automatic compensation says OFCOM

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Broadband and landline customers who suffer poor service could get millions of pounds of money back automatically under a scheme proposed by Ofcom.

The telecom watchdog has published proposals to make providers pay for slow repairs and missed deadlines and appointments.

It estimates that as many as 2.6 million customers could receive up to a total of £185m in compensation payments each year under the scheme.

“When a customer’s landline or broadband goes wrong, that is frustrating enough, without having to fight tooth and nail to get fair compensation from the provider,” said Lindsey Fussell, Ofcom’s consumer group director.

For the full story - https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/mar/24/broadband-users-in-line-for-millions-in-ofcom-compensation-plan

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

ssett, you wont be earning mega bucks.. apparently £6.00 and £10.00 per day and £30.00 for an engineer not turning up !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This is brilliant!

I recently won a case against Vodafone Fibre broadband with the Ombudsman services. Whilst overall the service was actually really good. My broadband went down for almost a month and no one was doing anything about it, it was clear the communication between Vodafone and BT Open started to get a bit hasty and i suffered being in the middle. Follwoing the resotration of my services, my fibre was intermittent and never hit the promised speeds of 76mbs again, was more like the 40mbs cap. I called, emailed and posted recorded delivery mail many times to sort the issue but it fell on deaf ears.

As a result the Ombudsman service asked Vodafone to pay me £250 in compensation, clear my bill, and allow me to move to a new provider without penalty. Meanwhile they cant cease my services until i do. The added bonus was that my mobile phone with a year still left on the contract was part of that account and i was allowed to move that and keep the phone, so i got a flagship mobile for a bargain too.

None the less, this whole process took ages to sort out, but im glad the the ombudsman has finally made it more of automatic thing, which should also in theory prevent issues like this happening as often!