Parts warranty advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'd like advice on a part sent off for recon/repair. The garage's sub-contracted repairer gave a 6 month / 6000 mile warranty on their work, but the garage covered this with their own 12 month / 12,000 mile no quibble warranty.

I have done 18,000 miles since the repair, 10 months on. It is outside the warranty due to mileage.

There may be a fault with the part, but the garage wont know until it is removed, which is quite labour intensive. The garage state that it is outside of the warranty periods of both their repairer and them, although they did say that if it turns out to be a related fault they will 'look after me', i.e. a reduced charge for example.

Do I have any rights?

Thanks

It would be helpful if you told us more about the fault and the work that has been carried out.

You really give no detail at all

Hi

Sorry, I was trying to be discrete.

It was repairs to a gearbox where some gearbox parts were replaced. It has developed a very slight whine which could be the gearbox or the diff (integral), but can not be determined until the gearbox is taken out. The garage want my authorisation to pay for this, which I have refused to give as it was only repaired 10 months ago (albeit 18,000 miles later).

I just wanted to know my consumer rights as there doesn't seem to be much online regarding warranties and this sort of problem.?

Thanks