Whirlpool oven debacle

gibsonsg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a touch screen Whirpool oven which I discovered towards the end of the 12 month warranty was varying in temperature by c20 degrees C.

I placed a call for an engineer who told me that he needed to order some parts and that Whirlpool would rebook to fit the parts.

Engineer no2 arrived to discover that the wrong parts had been ordered.

He ordered the correct parts plus some additional bits just in case.

He came back to fit a new control board and a new touch screen panel.

When he powered up the oven there were error codes because the new parts needed to be programmed.

He didn't know how to do this so had to put the old parts back in and arrange to revisit.

Engineer no2 returns to fit the new parts a reprogram but finds that he can reprogram the main processor

the new touch screen still shows an error and so puts the old screen back in and advises that someone else will call to fit a new touch screen.

Engineer visit no3 is the same chap who had tried and failed to get it to work in visit no2.

He announces to me eventually that all was fixed and working

The oven now being out of warranty left me worrying about future problems and so I purchased an extended warranty from D&G.

About 4 months later I noticed that the touch screen had slipped down in the display panel so that some of the features couldn't be accessed.

I called Whirlpool Who told me that because the oven was outside of warranty and that the repair warranty had expired, I should process the new repair through my insurance, which they did on my behalf.

Engineer visit 4 reveals that engineer visit no3 had botched the repair using some gum (the sort used to stick a new credit card to the letter) to stick the display panel in place and it had failed.

He announced that he didnt have the same sort of gum to effect the repair and that he would have to return.

Engineer no5 arrives with a new panel but can't get it to work and so puts the old panel back in

( I should say that the display panel is designed to be held in place by double sided sticky tape which is now getting less sticky).

Engineer n6 arrives on a Saturday to say that if anything needs reproamming he won't be able to do it because the service centre doesn't work on a Saturday. He had a look, tried a new display panel and declared that he couldn't fix it.

He said he would recommend a replacement via my insurance.

D&G contacted me to offer a replacement oven that is of the basic of specs, it's not even fan assisted

I wrote to Whirlpool asking them to consider getting it fixed properly or replacing it themselves and their response was that I should speak to D&G.

I have responded to Whirlpool asking them to escalate to highest authority and I'm now awaiting thei response

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated.

You didn't need to pay for extra warranty

And anyway any warranty is not worth the paper its written on waste of money

You port of call is with the retailer under cra

That was your first biggest mistake going to the manufacturer

And let them inside it

Take replacement up with the retailer under cra

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...