Arnold shark cancelled finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I had my audi in at arnold clatk for its 5th repair under warranty within 10 minths ownership. The repair was practically a full engine rebuild and taking 2 weeks.

The 2nd day of it being in the garage i eventually realised i was sick of the car and disheartened so called up arnold clark to give me a trade in value.

The man on the phone asked me to drop the car off, which i told him its in his workshop being worked on.

He went away and valued my car and got back to me with a price which would wipe out all my finance and let me start fresh.

I went up and had a sit down and looked through some new cars and decided on a 16plate passat.

All was fine.

Car got orderd, deposit paid, finance and everything agreed in principle all signed by both parties, and shipped up from england and i was due to collect it.

My car came out the garage before my new car arrived so i had about 1 week of driving it.

I then went to the garage on a friday to collect my new car and hand my audi back as a trade in.

When settling down to do the handover he took all my cars details, log book, service, mots, keys etc.

He then went to my car to check the mileage and at that came almost sprinting back to the desk to tell me i gave him the wrong mileage.

I told him on the phone my car is ay roughly 70,000miles.

He went and viewed the car himself to confirm this.

But in the trade in value forms he has put 26,000 miles.

This obviously drastically increased the value of my car.

Now... arnold clark already posted out the V5 owenership for the passat to me which i have in my name.

. but they wanted me to pay an extra 3k towards it to make up for the value of the audi that they valued wrong.

We couldnt come to an agreement and i said its your mistake,

they had my audi and 2 weeks to look at it.

Everything was agreed and signed and then cancelled as they noticed their mistake and wouldnt honour the deal unless i paid an extra 3k towards the passat.

Where do i stand with this?

Edited by Bounci3

Arnold Clark are famous for all of the wrong reasons.

You may well have to sue them for breach of contract but that contract will be damned difficult to prove cant be repudiated because of the error.

I agree that you should get what you agreed but do you have both sets of paperwork regarding the trade in value of your Audi and the purchase agreement for the new car based on ?

If you dont then you are in a poor position to force the sale of the VW,

but you can go after the for the difference in price of that one

and another car you buy because you cant have that one ("loss of bargain")

You can also ask for your old car back nicely repaired as per the warranty and then take it elsewhere and do a trade-in there or if they wont keep to any agreement sue them for the value of the Audi as it is clearly not of merchantable quality

Audi--5 repairs in 10 months---not a good advert for Audi.

You're in a difficult situation, as I for one would not accept a car that Clark did a major engine job on---why not a reconditioned engine??

At the end of the day you may be better off telling sharkie to shove the VW where the sun don't shine then quickly get rid of the Audi.

• 4 weeks later...

I have all the paperwork that was signed. It shows my audis price. The vw price. My monthly payments and so on. Only issue is that it shows the wrong recorded mileage for my Audi, whichis the mileage their staff wrote down after inspecting my car