• Tweets

• Doc 04-19-2024 11-01-51-merged-compressed.pdf good morning.    9 pages attached.    thank you  UCM
    • Hi I was being supplied my ovo after unknowingly being swapped from SSE.  My issues began when we had a smart meter fitted and our bills almost doubled overnight - we at the time assumed we were just paying not enough until then and just continued to pay the excess bills each. Month.    I would from time to time contact ovo and get faced with a call centre on South Africa of the most rude agents who would just hang up after hours of wait and I could not even get an acknowledgement of an issue with my meter.  At one point we were not in the property for like 4 months and the bills were coming just as high!  It was at this point I was sure something is not right and ovo only care to send bailiffs and started threatening us with a pay as you go meter despite me taking out a 3.5k loan to pay of my outstanding balance.  Around 1600 each on both gas and electricity.  This is where its gets really bad -  the very same day they sent me out a new bill saying the money paid already was only to cover up until the November previous and because its now Feb we owe another 1k.   By that August this had risen to over 3k and I still couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge a fault let alone fix it.    In despair I tried to swap suppliers and to my surprise octopus accepted us because even tho the debt is owed we are trying deal with.  During our time with them the bill was coming only on my wife's name as I was responsible for other bills and she this one - now that we owe them 3k they have magically started adding my name as well as my wife's to the same debt to apply double pressure and its showing on my experiwn report now with a question mark and 2700 showing in grey -  This was my wife's debt which we dispute we owe yet the have now sent me letter with both our names on from oriel and past due credit debt agencies - is this illegal and how can I get them to take my. Name of this and leave on wife's name as its so unfair they give us a both a defualt for wife's debt which we dispute anyway.    In the end about 3 weeks ago I wrote an email to their ceo and rishi sunak and low and behold for the first time in our history with ovo someone who spoke English contacted us and said she will look into our claim.    I explained to her that we feel our meter is faulty and despite me contacting them using WhatsApp email and phone I still have not got anyone to acknowledge a fault even. And that I dispute I Owe anything as my son was in hospital for 3 months and we stayed with him so house was empty and still. They were sending us super sized bills more than when we started at home.  She promised to investigate and a few days later replied that she is sorry for the poor customer service and offered us £50 compensation - however she also. Mentioned that she's attached statements for us confirming the payment for 3k I made was only up until Nov and in Feb despite me pay 3.5k nearly it's correct for them to bill. Me. Another £900 the very same day and she did not agree our meter was faulty and therfore the debt stands and she will not be calling it bcak from past due credit.  During my time with my new supplier post ovo, octopus I requested tehy check my. Meters because I felt they were faulty and over charging me and I got excellent response asking me for further details which I supplied and I got a. Response bcak within days to say my meter was indeed faulty and octopus have now remotely repaired it.   I then contacted the energy ombudsman and explained my situation how she at ovo tried to fob me off and demand I apy money we don't feel we owe due to faulty equipment we reported but ovo had to process or mechanism to deal with it or lodge complaint even without having to cc their ceo and our pm. And now I feel sick to think both husband and wife will get a 6  year default for debt which have a validity of a questionable nature.    I explained all this to the energy ombudsman and they accepted my case and I explained to them that my new supplier found my fault which ovo refueed to accept - I've uploaded the email from new supplier to ombudsman showing we had a fault.    My. Question is is there anything I can upload in defence of my case to ombudsman before they decide outcome ina few weeks    All advice greatly appreciated not only would I like advice on how to clear this debt but also how I can pursue ovo for compensation and deterrence for the future.  Thansk 
    • Thanks for the reply dubai 50 - if the statute is 10 years it has long passed - if it is 15 years i havea few months left. i shall ignore until it gets serious  An update - - I sent the letter to the bank in Dubai ( I did get delivery confirmation from Royal Mail)   - I have moved to a new address ( this is the address i gave to the bank in dubai)  - IDR are continuing to send Letters to the old address, which leads me to believe they are not in contact with the bank at all. - i have not replied to any correspondence digital or hard as they are non threatening ( as of yet).        
    • Your topic title was altered last June 23 by the owner of this forum in the interests of the forum Anyway well done on your result and thank you for concluding your topic, title updated.   Andy   .
    • So what    Why ? Consent Order/ Confidentiality ? This would be be invaluable to followers of your topic.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Emergency lockdown in London after Policeman stabbed outside Parliament

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would appear several people were mowed down by a vehicle prior to the man stabbing the police officer.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Presumption always seems to be terrorist related, but it might just be people with a grudge against Politicians.

These events are rare in the UK compared to most countries.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The name of the attacker is circulating on Twitter and if confirmed to be correct, it is a person who is very likely to be subject to monitoring by Police and security services.

In some ways it would be a relief, because it would be a known threat, rather than someone not already known. Questions will then be asked about how such people can commit such acts, if they are being watched.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The name of the attacker is circulating on Twitter and if confirmed to be correct, it is a person who is very likely to be subject to monitoring by Police and security services.

In some ways it would be a relief, because it would be a known threat, rather than someone not already known. Questions will then be asked about how such people can commit such acts, if they are being watched.

They're being watched but cannot be monitored 24/7.

Imo all terrorist suspects in police books should be constantly under surveillance, every phone call, every web page visited, every bank transaction, every place visited, everyone in contact with them, what they eat, how often, where they go shopping, in other words, don't let them do anything without police knowing and taking action.

Unfortunately the European union says that by doing so we would breach their human rights, so let them be amongst us and kill us all.

What happens to the victims' human rights???

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/isis-london-attack-westminster-terror-responsibility-latest-islamic-state-daesh-a7645696.html

Well it looks like Islamic State has now claimed responsibility and the attacker was apparently known to the security forces - albeit sometime ago and not considered a threat.

You have to feel so sorry for those French Students - come over here to get away from the problems in their own country only to be attacked here !.

BCOBS

They're being watched but cannot be monitored 24/7.

Imo all terrorist suspects in police books should be constantly under surveillance, every phone call, every web page visited, every bank transaction, every place visited, everyone in contact with them, what they eat, how often, where they go shopping, in other words, don't let them do anything without police knowing and taking action.

Unfortunately the European union says that by doing so we would breach their human rights, so let them be amongst us and kill us all.

What happens to the victims' human rights???

I imagine that we will lose even more of our freedoms because of this.

It is my understanding that the gate the attacker went through was the only one not locked and not manned by armed police!. It would appear that the gate is constantly in use and presumably left unlocked to save time for those going in and out !! Ooops !

BCOBS

typical rubbish. its nothing to do with the eu and 'human rights'

apparently, it wasn't deemed high enough on the watch list for 24/7.

anyway. fact is, the human rights act and the echr provide for stated 'rights' balance to be outweighed by national security and the prevention of terrorism measures.

have you not seen the forthcoming 'snoopers' act, which is not deemed contrary to the hra or echr...

typical rubbish. its nothing to do with the eu and 'human rights'

apparently, it wasn't deemed high enough on the watch list for 24/7.

anyway. fact is, the human rights act and the echr provide for stated 'rights' balance to be outweighed by national security and the prevention of terrorism measures.

have you not seen the forthcoming 'snoopers' act, which is not deemed contrary to the hra or echr...

I'm a layman and all I hear is terrorists and hardcore criminals getting away with murder because of human rights.

Again: What about the victims' human rights???

I would have no problem being monitored 24/7 because I don't do anything against the law and many people have my same view.

I am always suspicious of do gooders who claim that they don't want to be monitored because of their human rights.

They prefer to safeguard human rights and sacrifice public safety and security.

That sounds like madness to me... or maybe the do gooders have something to hide...

I would have no problem being monitored 24/7 because I don't do anything against the law and many people have my same view.

I am always suspicious of do gooders who claim that they don't want to be monitored because of their human rights.

They prefer to safeguard human rights and sacrifice public safety and security.

That sounds like madness to me... or maybe the do gooders have something to hide...

When you write to people or they write to you, do you use letters or postcards?

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both."

"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say.

Edward Snowdon

“If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear”, in order to justify increased and invasive surveillance. This argument is not only dangerous, but dishonest and cowardly, too.

Laws must be broken for society to progress and privacy a basic human need. Anything else is Fascist ideology

Edited by obiter dictum

So let the terrorists enjoy their human rights and kill innocent people who incidentally have lost the fundamental right to live.

Surveillance shouldn't be secret like the one exposed by Snowden, but everyone of us should expect to be monitored for the common good.

Privacy in my book comes second to public safety and security.

Ask the children of killed mothers if they feel strongly about right to privacy and human rights...

Some of you should try to look at the world from the prospective of victims rather than librarians professing human rights in a locked room.

The world out there today is a dangerous place because we have tried to create utopia and we have failed.

Humans are not perfect and perfect society is just a dream, that's why i think full power of surveillance should be given to the authorities.

I don't care if they read my letters, text messages or listen to my conversations.

They'll soon get bored once they realise that I don't conspire to kill innocent victims.

OD, please research the word Fascism...

You'll find that it was very much different from Nazism which you should be referring to.

So let the terrorists enjoy their human rights and kill innocent people who incidentally have lost the fundamental right to live.

Surveillance shouldn't be secret like the one exposed by Snowden, but everyone of us should expect to be monitored for the common good.

Privacy in my book comes second to public safety and security.

and in such voices are the liberties that make life worthwhile eroded until none are left,

and our society becomes something very different where peoples lives, liberties and choices become subservient to some 'overlord' whether that overlord be called ayatollah or prime minister,

and in those changes in our society, it is destroyed more effectively than 100,000 terrorists with tanks and warplanes could ever do

- and the terrorists win and democracy can do nothing but die choked in lies.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

Guest Mrs Hobbit

If surveillance is the price we have to pay to go about our business with the knowledge we are relatively safe from harm, so be it. As far as I am concerned this is my Human Right.

If surveillance is the price we have to pay to go about our business with the knowledge we are relatively safe from harm, so be it. As far as I am concerned this is my Human Right.

London, the city with the most CCTV in the UK and in Europe. didnt stop this attack at all now did it?

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

What gets me, including the media is that this is being branded a terrorist action.

At the moment it seems nothing more than a deranged single individual who went on and murdered innocent people.

Nigel Farage is 52 and born in kent,, so was the Westminister attacker, When will we tackle this problem of a 52 year olds from Kent?

What is the difference between what happened in Westminister and New York, was he a terrorist, or simply a deranged individual, a criminal, nothing more? People need to stop jumping on this terrorist band-waggon to fuel their own prejudice

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/manhattan/white-supremacists-lament-backlash-fatal-nyc-sword-attack-article-1.3006653

Edited by obiter dictum

Lone wolf wanting to go out in a blaze of glory. The government and media saw the opportunity to grab attention and called it a terrorist attack when there was no terrorist aspect about it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Guest Mrs Hobbit

Tobyjugg, no it didn't stop the attack but if the police or whomever has surveillance on a suspect then it might have prevented this happening. I don't mean CCTV I mean proper survelliance. Eavesdropping, interception of communications, that kind of monitoring. 13 terror attacks have been prevented in three years; sadly this person slipped through. it's a hard one, what do they have to do, to be a high risk and warrant this type surveillance?

And who are suspects??

Just because you practice a certain religion, A trade Unionist on a demonstration due to political affiliation. What next McCarthyism, Where do you draw the line?? .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_League_(United_Kingdom)

Edited by obiter dictum

Tobyjugg, no it didn't stop the attack but if the police or whomever has surveillance on a suspect then it might have prevented this happening. I don't mean CCTV I mean proper survelliance. Eavesdropping, interception of communications, that kind of monitoring. 13 terror attacks have been prevented in three years; sadly this person slipped through. it's a hard one, what do they have to do, to be a high risk and warrant this type surveillance?

Of course it would be far more effective if proper travel permits were required of everyone who visits London, with it being a criminal offense to visit London without one. (Like it already being a criminal offense not to give your name when walking along a street minding your own business)

It could be tied in to the personal ID which could be tied in to the car monitoring system. All automated, so any telephone or car NOT linked to a permit, or any one seen on a security camera who was not transmitting a valid permit signal should automatically have armed police arrest them.

No excuses as not having a valid transmitting permit would be an offense under the terrorism act.

This could probably be implemented for under £10B utilising the existing systems in London, funded by further cuts in Health and social care.

This could be so effective at both reducing terrorism that once the potential gap in caused by terrorists who actually already live in London should immediately be addressed by requiring everyone who lives in London to require a valid permit to travel outside their own borough.

This would require a slightly larger £20B but the reduction in spending on all other services and requirement to get visas to visit relatives, or go shopping outside your immediate borough are small prices to pay for the added 'security'.

As terrorists could potentially just move to other cities, this should then be rolled out to all other major cities possibly at little more than the cost of renewing our nuclear deterrent security, possibly only £200B yet so much more security at such a relatively small cost to taxes and freedom of movement.

Then that darn terrorist would potentially move to the smaller villages, BUT luckily the costs to implement these travel visas and security systems would have fallen very dramatically due to the existing widespread implementation.

By now It would probably cost less than £200B to roll out to every major village despite the number.

Our society turned into a police state - All for the sake a a single terrorist driving a car at some people and killing a single policeman?

or even for a handful of far worse incidents?

- The horrible dustbin lorry incident caused more real harm.

PAPERS (electronic demand of course)

The Tory Legacy

Guest Mrs Hobbit

Nothing has ever worked over the ages. Those who want to impose their ideologies on others will use whatever means at their disposal to gain their aim. it seems it is up to us to do our best to stop this.

Others just give up and accept what is happening. Perhaps there is an armchair critic to the present methods who does have a solution.

Nothing has ever worked over the ages.

Really?

Despite the rivers of blood declarations of Enoch Powell, I think that the tolerant society we have mostly enjoyed in the years since those divisive utterances have given us something worth keeping whatever the latest fear and hate mongering followers of his tenets might decry.

The Tory Legacy

Nothing has ever worked over the ages. Those who want to impose their ideologies on others will use whatever means at their disposal to gain their aim. it seems it is up to us to do our best to stop this.

Others just give up and accept what is happening. Perhaps there is an armchair critic to the present methods who does have a solution.

Define 'worked' from "nothing has worked".

If your definition is "prevent all terrorist attacks" then you are correct: nothing has worked, and nothing short of a totalitarian state with intrusive surveillance could.

Even that would only ever limit attacks, nothing can completely prevent them!.

But reconsider 'worked'. The purpose of terrorism is to terrorise.

Any death or damage is an incidental by-product of their desire to induce fear. They want fear, they want people to change their way of living, they want governments to draft strict laws and polarising responses.

So, terrorism hasn't worked. It 'works' when we react as they desire, but it hasn't 'worked' when we grieve for those killed and injured, adopt sensible and proportionate responses and increased security, but don't over-react, don't infringe civil liberties, and carry on ..... as London has done after previous attacks (from terrorism of any 'flavour' : be that the IRA or Islamist).

IRA is to Catholic (or to Irish) like Daesh is to Muslim. We didn't ban Irish or Catholics in response to the IRA, nor should we react against Muslims.

We didn't start intensive surveillance against all Catholics, all the Irish, or everyone to battle the IRA : nor should we start similar in response to Islamist terrorism.