• Tweets

• Thank you for that "read me", It's a lot to digest, lots of legal procedure. There was one thing that I was going to mention to you,  but in one of the conversations in that thread it was mentioned that there may be spies on the Forum,  this is something that I've read quite some time ago in a previous thread. What I had in mind was to wait for the thirty days after their reply to my CCA request and then send the unenforceable letter. I was hoping that an absence of signature could be the Silver Bullet but it seems that there are lot of layers to peel on this Onion.  
    • love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Court Bailiff at door, unknown Cabot CCJ for family fraud Cap1 CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody, been a while since i have visted (that long i've totally forgotten my old username and email address so had to reregister)

a couple of years ago we noticed on hubby's credit file a capital one account in his name but at my parents address

(he's never lived there, never even used the address)

account was started in 2009 according to the file.

I remember sending a letter to Capital One which i'm hoping i still have a copy of on an external hard drive otherwise i'm probably knackered, it was asking for a copy of the agreement, and i stupidly stated it was at an address he'd never lived at and he has nothing to do with this account.

We received a copy of the agreement but with our current address on and then the files were updated at the credit reference agencies and my parents address went completely off his file not even showing as linked,

it was also applied for online so hes not physically signed it nor did he hand sign the letter i sent.

My concern is we today had a bailiff turn up whilst i was out,

he left a letter

i called him, he was very understanding as i explained we'd never heard no more and we believe the debt isn't hubby's but not sure how we can prove this and i know i should've chased it to see what was going on but we moved house and i concentrated on sorting newer debts out.

They actually did a trace on hubby as we never responded to the court letter which we didn't know about as we had moved.

He explained what we needed to do and to just keep in touch with him whilst we deal with Cabot.

my question is, is there a way i can prove this and can anybody offer me any help on the next step,

i really dont want to pay for a debt that i'm 100% sure isn't ours, were trying hard to clear debts and don't need any adding.

It doesn't look like i've kept the original credit report that had found the info on unless the agencies hold copies that i ordered.

I may have a copy of the letter i sent them questioning the account i will check this evening.

I do have a copy of the original agreement and a letter to say it was applied for online which capital one sent me.

I need to check the account number that Cabot have as the agreement and lowells numbers differ slightly which i noticed a few moments ago, we cant ever recall him having a capital one account since he shut an old one down 15/16 years ago.

There is no capital one account showing on his report anymore.

The account defaulted in May 2011, i can see that under Cabot Financial.

Thank you in advance for any help/advice you can give me, apologises if i don't reply straight away.

Doubtful its a bailiff unless the creditors been to court and got a CCJ and you failed to pay. Perhaps it was a DCA doorstep collector?

Check the credit file AND trustonline and see if a CCJ is registered.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

so they got a backdoor CCJ at the old address then

looks like this was fraud by someone getting your old mail

can you scan up the letter he let you please

to PDF upload

go get his credit file

if he has a CCJ it should be showing

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I spoke with who I believed to be Cabot once hubby was home to authorise me to find out it is in fact Mortimer Clarke

I didn't pay a lot of attention earlier when I first rung,

we have heard nothing from these at all,

she said they issued it to court on 6th December 2015 which I explained we no longer lived at that property, we notified everybody that needed notifying and i had letters passed onto me for a month after moving and still nothing. So it's intact Mortimer Clarke.

I explained I believed it still isn't hubbys debt and all she kept saying is whilst it's with the court they can't do anything it has to go back to them for them to be able to speak with us properly because it is a reissue as the baliliff went to our old address the first time.

I've found a ccj checking his noddle file.

The address the account was first registered in I know as it's my parents but how do I prove it was originally at that address and how do I prove hubby didn't open this account?,

unfortunately mother has done this previously and I forgave her as she suffers with severe depression and is a spendaholic,

do I just sort a plan out and pay it or do I continue to try and prove it isn't hubbys which I'd prefer but is it easy enough?

I've tried uploading it of my phone but haven't a clue what I'm doing sorry, so I'll do it when I get to work tomorrow if that's ok?

sorry we should have advised to stay of the phone

you shouldn't talk to any of these fleecers ever

as they'll say anything to get money out of people.

CCJ confirmed

cabot the claimant

Mortimer the sols

same lot.

get an sar running to cap1 NOW

and you need to ring northants bulk court

quote the CCJ number

ask them to send you a copy.

I would assume the bailiff advised to go for a set aside as this is fraud?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your help so far.

I have attached a copy of the letter hubby was left.

I'll get the SAR done today, am i right in thinking he shouldn't personally sign this, just his name at the end on the pc and send recorded delivery (which i always do)?

Its not Northants its one closer to us, assuming that's because its a reissue? I'll call them for a copy of it at lunch.

No he didn't advise me to do that, he just said hubby needed to ring the number he gave me, explain it to them and then just to update him tomorrow. I don't think he was grasping what i was saying. I'd like to call him at dinner to explain so he doesn't come round again but what do i say, do i tell him i need to apply for a set aside?

Thank you

Bailiff Notice - Jacmum1979.pdf

I think your Husband should write to whoever is dealing with this Mortimer Clarke or Cabot, sending a copy to this court bailiff.

In the letter explain about not knowing about this court judgement as no previous papers received, as they were sent to a previous address.

Also explain that he has never taken out any account with Cap1 at any time and believes it may be a case of fraudulent application.

That he will need to obtain all information from Cap1 via a Data Protection Subject Access Request and this may take time.

Once the information is received he will come back to advise them what he has found out.

Ask them to put matters on hold for say 2 months to allow Cap1 to respond.

In the SAR letter, if you are worried about them copying/pasting on to documents, he can always sign over a row of xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

If he does not sign the SAR, it may not be actioned.

It costs £255 to apply for a set aside and that means a hearing if a defence is stated that needs a hearing.

Your Husband does not have enough info until the SAR comes back.

Your Husband needs to think about what he would do, if it turned out a family member had made the fraudulent application.

He might have to swallow paying the CCJ, rather than report to the Police.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Oh my gosh that's over half the cost of paying the CCJ.

I'm in two minds whether to agree with hubby and us pay it as his credit file is damaged for another 5 years anyway and sort it with her to pay us as i know how shes suffering and believe that needs to be sorted to help her on the right track or report her as she really does need teaching a lesson as its happened before in the hope she may stop and it give her a wake up call but then i dont agree with paying something that isn't ours.

But then if i agree with hubby i've wasted your valuable time aswell, its just such a headache to deal with when im trying so hard to sort our lifes out and get back on track for this to happen.

Thank you all, i'll call hubby at dinner and see what he wants to do,

but i shall do the SAR anyway just to prove to her i know about it all and what shes done no matter which option he chooses.

just a thought here

as I've travelled this road myself and funnily enough doing it again now on another fraudulent card we've found out about, sadly the perpetrator has died!

when we found out about the one last time

the person that did it wrote a letter confessing to it.

I contacted the claimant and told them this over the phone

sending a copy of the letter by email.

they agreed to a set aside and dropped the whole thing

IF they agree it costs you nothing..

just musing here.

and they

The most important issue here is to deal with the County Court Bailiff. An application to Suspend the Warrant should be made on Form N245 - cost £50 unless on low wage or certain Benefits in which case it is possible to have the fees waived - see Forms EX160a & EX160c for details.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]