Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder dorothybrarmley Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Feb 2015

Default Swift Advances Irresponsible lending.

Hi, i'm new to this forum and need help with what steps to take when dealing with Swift advances!

I took out a loan in 2004 for 47,500 in which i had to prove my income by self certification as i was self employed.

i started to struggle with the debt so Swift allowed me to take out further advances based on my original proof of income!

between april 2004 to november 2006 they allowed me to take out 7 further advances without question, bringing the grand total of the loan to 97,743.00.

I then started to fall behind with payments so swift asked me to increase monthly payments.
    i agreed to pay an extra 50 a month and swift said this would be fine and get me back on track.

however a letter arrived to say if i did not pay a further 67 then the approximate outstanding balance would be 49,613 at the end of the loan term!

i received this letter in feb 2017 when only agreeing the extra payment at the end of 2016.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator's Avatar

Cagger since : May 2007

Default Re: Swift Advances Irresponsible lending.

Did you get the 50 agreement in writing?

yes we did

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator Highly informative determindator's Avatar

Cagger since : May 2007

It's worth sending a copy of that letter to Swift with your covering letter reminding them of the original agreement.

yes will do as always swift change their minds from one week to the next im sure they do this to get you all confused

Basic Account Holder meellis Novitiate

Cagger since : Sep 2011

They have been doing this to me and when I have asked why they just state about late payments have caused increases, a lot of these payments were made on time but there system logged them late citing bank transfer delays. Personally I think they incur penalties if they pay there funders late so they are doing what they can to increase their cashflow and we are the ones paying the price.

i have an appointment with a financial advisor i have asked swift to send as much information about my account as possible so i can show the advisor.im hoping he can help us out of this nightmare

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details