style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got myself a bus lane ticket. Technically i am guilty but had no intent to drive in the bus lane.

i turned into the bus lane to turn left .

At the spot where there was a direction arrow in the bus lane stating a left hand turn is compulsory.

I live in Northern Ireland

Do i have a reasonable prospect to appeal or bang to rights. The ticket is £90 or £45 if paid within 14 days

the camera gantries give a false perspective so the end of the bus lane may not be the same as the LH turn point but look the same from their view. Streetview followed by a tape measure and your own piccies will be needed to sort out the parallax error if there is one and if the signage is confusing then that should be supported by your pictures from ground level.

After that, check the traffic management order as they dictate exactly where the bus lane starts and stops.

Put my hands up looking at that picture but as stated, moved into the lane seeing the left turn arrow. Had no intention to drive in the bus lane. Lesson learned

Is it worth contesting??

Edited by obiter dictum

Turning from College Square into Wellington Place?.

The bus lane turns left. The first car lane can turn left or go straight on : can you argue that you weren't aware it can turn as well as go straight on as the arrow showing this on the road was hidden by the red and blue cars?.

IMHO, quite clearly marked such that bus lane does not end before the junction, as many do (shown by a diagonal dashed lane marking towards the LH kerb, and a branched arrow from lane 2 into lane 1). This is always reinforced by lamppost signage to say "End of Bus Lane"

Sorry, not worth contesting.