Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder Ladybette Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : May 2007

Default Payplan ..Cover my payments.spoof PPI .me too!

I opened a CAG email tonight which contained info about the Payplan cover my payments possibly being PPIicon.

I called payplan in 2008 when my husband died suddenly.
    We had quite alot of debt that we'd already started repaying together on our own but unfortunately it was in my name.

Payplan were great and put me on a debt management planicon but I must've been paying the cover me payments fairly soon as when I eventually could cope with the thought of an IVA I got a letter changing the payments from debt managementicon to IVA.

I haven't any of the cover me info now, just a few letters and the amounts I'd be paying over the 6 yearsicon of the IVA. I only thought to keep the IVA info.

I'm questioning paying this now as I can recognise that I wouldn't have been able to properly understand any implications at the time.
    .I remember struggling to handle the most basic money conversation at the time,
    I think I would've said yes to anything if it was advised due to my situation.

What also bothers me is that the scheme was discontinued in 2014?
    Shouldn't I have been stopped from paying then?
    I have a letter in 2016 saying my cover was now cancelled due to the IVA ending.

Lastly, at the end of my IVA I was asked to sign a form about any monies from PPI claims needing to be paid to creditors.
    During my IVA I was told I had to claim any PPI through a company they use and the money would be used to pay creditors.
    .this has been ongoing for years and is still ongoing.
    .nothing has ever really come from it,
    luckily I had reclaimed lloyds overdraft charges before any of this.

I'm fairly sure sure the letter states specifically about the creditors and doesn't cover future claims so would I be right in thinking this is a non issue regarding a possible cover me claim?

I've been advised already to send an SARicon (?) which I'll do but any other reclaim help would be much appreciated..I know I've done it before but that was likely 10 years ago!! I feel much more intimidated this time round.

Thankyou so much

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: Payplan ..Cover my payments.spoof PPI .me too!

ah you have an IVA
    pointless reclaiming anything
    it will goto the trustees.

dx

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Oh Poo...lol

even if they shouldn't have been asking me for it?

Ah well. At least I checked and didn't miss something I should have had, Thanks for reading and helping! Much appreciated

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

sorry but that's the way it unfolds
    the bottom line is the IVA should probably never been entered into,

no checks are ever done by these advisors to IF the debts are legit
    and are not inflated by things that can be challenged or reclaimed.

sorry but you got had........

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Ok, thanks for your input. I have no problems taking responsibility for my (our) debts..they were definitely legit, I couldn't afford enough to even touch the overinflated interest etc so I ended up paying alot less than I would've on a never ending debt management planicon.

Again, thankyou, the help is much appreciated.

Site Team silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961 Highly authoritative silverfox1961's Avatar

Cagger since : Oct 2008

Why were you changed from a dmpicon to an IVA? I did spot your other post on my thread and can quite understand why you wouldn't want to do a reclaim. My concern is that PayPlan are a commercial company and while they did free plans, they also charged for others which included IVA's. dmpicon's were free to utilise with Payplan.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.
    Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor
    Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE
    Follows
    Following

I wanted a time limit. I knew someone who had an IVA and they were happy with how it was all going and what research I did attracted me to them. I also paid less monthly than on the debt planicon which at the time was a major draw. I just wanted to be able to see a time when it was all over whilst having been responsible enough to pay back a decent portion of our debts. It's been finished a year next month and I think it was one of the best things I could've done..! 😊

good
    have you checked that all the debts in your IVA have now dropped off your credit file?

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

No, actually you've reminded me..thankyou.I meant to do that.

*done! Ordered 😊

you can do it free online at noddle & clearscore

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Thankyou.
    There doesn't seem to be anything on there that shouldn't be other than still having my late husband as an associated name so I've emailed them about that. All is well 😊

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details