Payplan ..Cover my payments.spoof PPI .me too!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I opened a CAG email tonight which contained info about the Payplan cover my payments possibly being PPI.

I called payplan in 2008 when my husband died suddenly.

We had quite alot of debt that we'd already started repaying together on our own but unfortunately it was in my name.

Payplan were great and put me on a debt management plan but I must've been paying the cover me payments fairly soon as when I eventually could cope with the thought of an IVA I got a letter changing the payments from debt management to IVA.

I haven't any of the cover me info now, just a few letters and the amounts I'd be paying over the 6 years of the IVA. I only thought to keep the IVA info.

I'm questioning paying this now as I can recognise that I wouldn't have been able to properly understand any implications at the time.

.I remember struggling to handle the most basic money conversation at the time,

I think I would've said yes to anything if it was advised due to my situation.

What also bothers me is that the scheme was discontinued in 2014?

Shouldn't I have been stopped from paying then?

I have a letter in 2016 saying my cover was now cancelled due to the IVA ending.

Lastly, at the end of my IVA I was asked to sign a form about any monies from PPI claims needing to be paid to creditors.

During my IVA I was told I had to claim any PPI through a company they use and the money would be used to pay creditors.

.this has been ongoing for years and is still ongoing.

.nothing has ever really come from it,

luckily I had reclaimed lloyds overdraft charges before any of this.

I'm fairly sure sure the letter states specifically about the creditors and doesn't cover future claims so would I be right in thinking this is a non issue regarding a possible cover me claim?

I've been advised already to send an SAR (?) which I'll do but any other reclaim help would be much appreciated..I know I've done it before but that was likely 10 years ago!! I feel much more intimidated this time round.

Thankyou so much

ah you have an IVA

pointless reclaiming anything

it will goto the trustees.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh Poo...lol

even if they shouldn't have been asking me for it?

Ah well. At least I checked and didn't miss something I should have had, Thanks for reading and helping! Much appreciated :-)

sorry but that's the way it unfolds

the bottom line is the IVA should probably never been entered into,

no checks are ever done by these advisors to IF the debts are legit

and are not inflated by things that can be challenged or reclaimed.

sorry but you got had........

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok, thanks for your input. I have no problems taking responsibility for my (our) debts..they were definitely legit, I couldn't afford enough to even touch the overinflated interest etc so I ended up paying alot less than I would've on a never ending Debt management plan.

Again, thankyou, the help is much appreciated.

Why were you changed from a DMP to an IVA? I did spot your other post on my thread and can quite understand why you wouldn't want to do a reclaim. My concern is that PayPlan are a commercial company and while they did free plans, they also charged for others which included IVA's. DMP's were free to utilise with Payplan.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I wanted a time limit. I knew someone who had an IVA and they were happy with how it was all going and what research I did attracted me to them. I also paid less monthly than on the debt plan which at the time was a major draw. I just wanted to be able to see a time when it was all over whilst having been responsible enough to pay back a decent portion of our debts. It's been finished a year next month and I think it was one of the best things I could've done..! 😊

good

have you checked that all the debts in your IVA have now dropped off your credit file?

and they

you can do it free online at noddle & clearscore

and they