How do I find the executor of a will?

t1grm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I'm a British ex-pat in Malta. A guy (also British) who owned a flat in the block I live in tragically died recently. It was used as a holiday home/rental so he rarely stayed there. We need to contact his family (or other new owners) about maintenance and other issues but have no contact details apart from the now deceased owner. How do we go about finding who is responsible for executing the will in the UK and identifying the new owner of the flat?

Thanks for the swift response. Nothing on the probate search but I did just find a death notice on the Irish Times website which is almost certainly the same person. I thought he was Scottish but it's quite possible he was Irish. I only spoke to him a couple of times and that was a few years ago. Any Irish legal experts on here?

Edit: Funeral was in Bangor which is in the North so possibly we could be back under UK jurisdiction for the will?

Edit: Funeral was in Bangor which is in the North so possibly we could be back under UK jurisdiction for the will?

The will (if there is one), should name the executors. But there may be more than one will depending on where assets are located and the rules governing the disposal in the country they are located.

If there are maintenance issues that are causing immediate and serious issues, you may be better off consulting a local solicitor to see where you stand legally and what steps can be taken to minimise damage.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.