Car impounded by police due to Swinton Insurance NCD failure

WinnerB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you silverfox1961 and unclebulgaria67.

Swinton is underwritten by Zenith and I cannot get through to the underwriters, no contact details.

Called Swinton but the Distribution Director is at lunch and not available until next week.

long balyl lunch then! next week! put of job this is. Foboff

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

OP, it's not your duty to go to the underwriters. Swinton have cocked up, and admitted liability - THEY need to go to their underwriter and get them to reinstate your original policy to a state whereby it was never interrupted. They'll be buying you a replacement vehicle at this rate, if the police crush it!

There appears to be a bit of defeatism going on here.

You have a letter from Swinton admitting it was their fault, but they are not helping you further.

Get onto Swinton Head office and demand to speak to their Head of customer service. They can get this all resolved with a couple of hours.

No I agree, they are not helping me much. He wrote, Swinton takes full responsibility for the situation I find myself in and will re-imburse the cost of getting my car out of the impound, plus the monetary difference with the insurers who will be insuring the car.

I contacted head office and was given the number for the Distribution Director, who I was told was at lunch and not available until Monday.

More contact information for Swinton

Principal place of business

Address:6 Great Marlborough Street ManchesterLancashire M1 5SW UNITED KINGDOM

Phone: 44 01612361222

Fax: 44 01612368489

Email: [email protected]

Complaints

Contact Name Julie Daniels

Address: 6 Great Marlborough Street Manchester Lancashire M1 5SW UNITED KINGDOM

Phone: 44 01612333770

Fax: 44 01612367102

Email: [email protected]

Contact(s) responsible for insurance mediation

Gilles Normand

Basic Details

Thank you unclebulgaria67, I will keep you updated with the developments from these.

"Swinton takes full responsibility for the situation I find myself in and will re-imburse the cost of getting my car out of the impound, plus the monetary difference with the insurers who will be insuring the car"

Well the easiest way for them to do that would be to DO THEIR BLOODY JOB, get on to the underwriters, get your insurance reinstated, and liaise with the police to establish that you WERE insured continuously, and that they should release your car and end any action against you.

Swinton Insurance

Mr Gilles Normand Chief Executive

Email [email protected]

Telephone 0161 236 1222

Website http://www.swinton.co.uk

Social Media T

go to the top CEO straight away details above:

I wrote to him, sent letter recorded delivery two days ago no response.

When contacted the CEO's office, a policy was in place within 15 minutes.

Thank you unclebulgaria67, I will keep you updated with the developments from these.

New policy in place now, CEO's contact helped.

How do I work out the cost of compensation?

Can I get my personal details or iD removed from the ELVIS recovery database.

Can anyone help.

I would feel that once the documents are in your hands and the letter from Swinton, a trip to your local plod would be in order to get the information updated. Hopefully that should be the end of the matter in regards to the insurance issue.

Swinton ought to be offering a 'goodwill gesture' for their incompetence not you asking.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

New policy in place now, CEO's contact helped.

How do I work out the cost of compensation?

Can I get my personal details or iD removed from the ELVIS recovery database.

Can anyone help.

Swinton head office can do all of this with the underwriters help if need be. Insurers normally have contact with Police forces on a regular basis and can supply relevant documents to confirm Insurance in place at time of being stopped and to get it removed from the Pound. They can also pay Pound fees and aby recovery costs.

You need to write out an invoice of the costs Swinton need to cover and also ask for a sum in compensation. The costs are amounts you can evidence as amounts you can have or need to incur, if Swinton have not paid them for you already. Then compensation is the inconveience factor you believe is due.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

At this stage let Swinton know the matter isn't over yet, that once the dust settles you'll be looking for compensation.

Make sure you are removed from any applicable databases and this will have no undue effect on you, then considering that this is pretty bad maladministration on Swinton's behalf causing a lot of distress and inconvenience, I'd be looking at the £500.00 to £750.00 mark.