Help with DCBLat my door for numerous SIP parking CCJ's i know nothing about

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

A newbie here looking for some advice.

Myself and a few others work for a company in an office that has no parking.

This means we always park off site, currently on a small spot of waste ground with room for 5-6 cars.

Between 2013 and 2016 there was an abandoned Post Office sorting office that had room for 9-10 cars. There were no signs at all so we all happily parked there without worry.

At some point in 2016 SiP Parking suddenly put up signs.

The signs were usually all different,

there were no clearly marked bays for us to park in and there was no machine for us to purchase a ticket.

Granted, there are council owned spaces across the road which do have spaces and a machine but even I know the Council and SiP operate independently.

A few of us started to get tickets.

They were ignored.

Then we got more.

They too were ignored.

After receiving my 5th ticket I decided it was best to park elsewhere.

Others lasted it out longer and

one colleague ended up with a glovebox full of tickets, at last count it was around 24 tickets.

Lots of advice online state to just ignore them and they will go away, which is what I did (naively or not).

Fast forward to February this year.

7.30am and there's a loud knocking on my front door.

2 Bailiffs are at the door with a film crew

(from I believe the Channel 5 show Can't Pay, We'll Take It Away).

Luckily I was upstairs and conversed with them from an upstairs window.

They wanted my name which I refused to confirm until they told me what it was all about.

They refused to tell me before proceeding to wake the neighbours up.

The neighbours confirmed they did not know who I was

(which is genuinely true, as they only know my first name).

They then proceeded to knock on most of the doors on the street which would've proved fruitless due to us not knowing most of the people on the street.

The bailiffs were taking photos of the house whilst the film crew did whatever it is they were doing. After around 30 minutes they disappeared.

They posted a couple of documents through the door one of which was a poorly photocopied court document claiming I owed one amount.

The other document was on DCBL headed paper claiming I owed a different amount.

The supposed court document had a PP signature on it whereas the DCBL document had no signature on it.

I did a bit of digging online and it seems these guys are not actual bailiffs

(searching them on the Bailiff register produces zero results).

Today, March 17th 2017, my neighbour has called to give me a letter posted through her door.

I do not know how long it has been there as they've been on holiday the past 2 weeks.

The envelope has a stamp dated 02-03-2017 so I can only assume it was posted that day.

The letter states it's a Notice of Enforcement, has an enforcement agent reference number on it and an amount of which I owe (£978.26 which in my opinion is ridiculous for 5 parking tickets).

The letter states that I must pay or agree a repayment by March 13th.

Well, that was impossible as I only got the letter today because it was posted through the wrong door. The letter goes on to state what will happen if I don't pay.

I have no possessions for them to take, as I've signed them all over to my wife who is not named in any of the documents, and the car I drive belongs to my sister which I can prove.

Sorry for the long winded story but my question is simply, what should I do?

Since getting the tickets, which I no longer have as they were for a car I no longer have,

I've only ever received one letter from a supposed solicitor,

which is linked to SiP Parking , and no court documents.

I believe I should have received a letter from DCBL advising they were going to call at least 7 days before their initial vist back in February.

Although I understand it's hard to prove but I never did receive that letter and I also understand they will magically be able to say they did send it.

I really don't want them calling back round as my wife suffers severely from Anxiety and Depression and I'm her carer.

Our daughter also suffers from mild mental health problems so, as you can imagine, it's undue stress they can well do without.

Any help is greatly appreciated

I should also add:

One of the DCBL people, different to the previous guy, has just been banging on the door.

The cheeky So and so even tried the handle. Thankfully the door was locked.

And: The guy has now gone and posted 4 pieces of paper through the door.

Photocopied Headed Paper stating it's a "Notice After Entry Or Taking Control Of Goods (on a highway) And Inventory Of Goods Taken Into Control"

This shows a different amount to the one that was posted through my neighbours door god knows when. Also included was a goods taken into control document with the car that I use written on it.

Now, I guess this means they are claiming they've taken control the car.

The car, however, is not mine.

It belongs to my sister and the log book will show that.

Yes, I am insured to drive the vehicle but my sister is the registered keeper.

I should add, the car is still parked outside.

I'm worried now as I need the car to drop off and pick up my daughter from school.

Again, any help is greatly appreciated.

Sorry to keep droning on.

The letter dated 02/03/2017 which was posted next door shows an amount of £978.26 owed.

The piece of paper Mr DCBL has just posted through the door shows an amount of £1802.30.

How on earth has it doubled in just over 14 days, 14 days in which I never had the letter stating I had until the 13th of March to pay.

If motor not registered at your address, get your sister to get all proof of ownership together ready for that Third Party claim when DCBL insist in clamping or towing the car, as per PT chack for CCJ, and DO Not Let DCBL in in fact film them and the film crew yourself even with a mobile from an upstairs window, you never know you might film them doing something unlawful.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

so its a CCJ that's crossed courts then.

well theres bugger all they can do really

simply ignore them

and they'll have to hand the debt back.

go get your credit file see what shows

was the car that would have gotten the early speculative invoices registered to the address where you now reside?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have you checked to see if you have a CCJ? How long has your sister been RK of the vehicle? Would the vehicle be registered at her address?

Since July 2016 when it was purchased. The parking tickets/invoices (or whatever they're called) are for a car that has now been scrapped.

so its a CCJ that's crossed courts then.

well theres bugger all they can do really

simply ignore them

and they'll have to hand the debt back.

go get your credit file see what shows

was the car that would have gotten the early speculative invoices registered to the address where you now reside?

As mentioned above, the car I had at the time has now been scrapped but, yes, it was registered at my address. The car I currently have is one my Sister loaned me the money to buy but she wanted to remain the Registered Keeper until I had fully repaid the loan, which I was happy to do (at time of writing I owe her £300 and until that is cleared the car will remain hers).

Having just checked my credit report, it seems there's 2 on there which has destroyed my credit score.

One dated September 2016, one dated November 2016. Both different amounts.

These can only be related to the Tickets Issued by SiP Parking Limited as the only other debts I have are a credit card, store card and a catalogue which are paid each and every month (to which the credit report verifies).

did you ever get any letters from SIP or a court claim form from them or their solicitor? If not you will need to find out waht court issued the CCJ and then set about getting it set-aside if you want to put an end to this.

Go to the private parking forum and tell s what you had regarding paperwork at the time. It might also be worth contacting the DVLA to see you accessed your keeper details and how often they did it.

Since July 2016 when it was purchased. The parking tickets/invoices (or whatever they're called) are for a car that has now been scrapped.

As mentioned above, the car I had at the time has now been scrapped but, yes, it was registered at my address. The car I currently have is one my Sister loaned me the money to buy but she wanted to remain the Registered Keeper until I had fully repaid the loan, which I was happy to do (at time of writing I owe her £300 and until that is cleared the car will remain hers).

Is she RK at HER address? It's important she is, better grounds the fact you are "borrowing" it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

did you ever get any letters from SIP or a court claim form from them or their solicitor? If not you will need to find out waht court issued the CCJ and then set about getting it set-aside if you want to put an end to this.

Go to the private parking forum and tell s what you had regarding paperwork at the time. It might also be worth contacting the DVLA to see you accessed your keeper details and how often they did it.

Many thanks for the reply. I got one letter from a solicitors, the name escapes me, which mentioned SiP and an amount. I received nothing after that, no further letters, no summons, no notice of bailiffs (or whatever they're called) attending.

Is she RK at HER address? It's important she is, better grounds the fact you are "borrowing" it.

She is the RK at her address which, though in the same town, is a good 5-10 minute drive from where I live.

Time to go get those backdoor ccj's set aside then

Give northants bulk a ring Monday and get copies sent to you

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Time to go get those backdoor ccj's set aside then

Give northants bulk a ring Monday and get copies sent to you

And once I've received them what would I do with them?

I just want an end to the matter now as it's very distressing for my wife and daughter.

You apply for Set Aside based on the fact the claimforms weren't received, also as advised by ericsbrother go on the Private Parking Forum for advice about fighting SIP and overturn the default CCJ's.

Other Caggers will advise further. Ploddertom can advise on the CCJ side.

She is the RK at her address which, though in the same town, is a good 5-10 minute drive from where I live.

Excellent, helps greatly if DCBL tow or clamp the car in making any Third Party Claim.

When you ring northants ask if there are any further claims that have been issued that are not adjudged yet

I find it worrying there's 2ccj's for so many tickets unless they merged then in the 2 existing claims

and they

When you ring northants ask if there are any further claims that have been issued that are not adjudged yet

I find it worrying there's 2ccj's for so many tickets unless they merged then in the 2 existing claims

Good point DX be good to see if anything else lurking in the background.

good they might learn to do a better job then

and they

The most important thing to deal with here is DCBL & this can only be done by applying for a Stay of Execution which if granted halts all further enforcement & charges. Cost is £255 but if on low wage or certain benefits can be waived in full or part. Until this is done DCBL have every right to attend.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

good they might learn to do a better job then

They might send Blowhard Bluster Bohill next time along with all the cameras If so youngy should film them from an upstairs window and keep them out, Sister should take her car to her address if possible. Doesn't Claire Sandbrook of Sherfarce infamy act as HCEO in charge for the shower called DCBL? If so how can she exercise due diligence over the minions deployed if she is in the USA?

OP says V5 in sisters name at sisters address.

From your initial post you say they have Taken Control of a vehicle - is this the one you say your sister owns?

Well, the fella who came yesterday shoved a document through the door claiming they had yet it's still outside and has been used since he left. I took photos of it after he left to show there was nothing on the car itself indicating it had been taken control of. I've read online on other forums that they (as in the bailiffs) will claim they did leave documentation on it and the debtor removed it.

Have a read of this https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/action-your-creditor-can-take/bailiffs/bailiff-has-issued-you-with-a-notice/bailiffs-notices/controlled-goods-agreements-bailiffs/ it includes what a CGA should look like and should include any other equipment needed to take a vehicle which if not listed you do not have to surrender - keys, V5, MOT etc.

If they did claim they left it then they must have proof of doing so but having said that there have been instances of them taking photos then removing the paperwork to make it look like it had been interfered with.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hows this going 105?

dx

and they