Capital One issue

dragon29
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a credit card with Capital One which I am paying off monthly - I had a nervous breakdown last April and I am writing to all my creditors asking for them to hold my account for six months whilst I recover to make my life a little bit easier. MOST have been very understanding.

Capital one on the other hand ...less so

I have sent them FOUR letters in total explaining the situation and also explaining that I want all communication via letter for my records - They just don't seem to understand that.

On every reply they urge me to call them to explain the situation. I don't want any dealings over the phone. I want it all in writing. This is my right correct?

Is there a way I can get them to stop urging me to phone them in their letters or should I write them yet another letter explaining yet again that I want all communication via letter. All of my other creditors have been extremely understanding. It's just these that don't seem to understand that I don't want to talk to them over the phone.

What should I do?

Thanks a lot!

The CONC rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?426145-CONC-7.12-Lenders-responsibilities-in-relation-to-debt-including-DMPs provide that where you are in a DMP, then it would be a breach of those rules for one of the creditors to break ranks and bring down the whole DMP.

Also, if you are developing a plan then your creditors are obliged unless there is an objectively good reason for refusing to do so.

It seems to me that the way forward here is to start setting up a self-administered DMP – or else go to a reputable debt management company to help you do it. If you start setting up your own DMP and get all the other creditors on board this will apply extra pressure to Capital One.

Me thinks might be worth emailing the MD of CAp One UK... They have some good eggs in the exec team who actually do have a lot of knowledge on FCA Rules.

It is your choice however

We can help you write the complaint, but at the end of the day it might help you get through to them. Should it fail you then go to the FOS and take legal action if need be.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis