Questions about esa re-assessment form?

bigissue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week I informed the dwp that I had moved in with my partner. they sent me an ESA3 10/14 form to fillout which I think just assesses financial eligability for the benefit. I know that due to my partners income and savings I will lose all benefit.

The form is a bit confusing and I cannot get through to the DWP to speak to them as they are always busy even if I wait an hour on the phone.

My queries are these:

1. It asks me if my partner agrees to my making this claim? My partner knows he has to give his details but isn't happy about giving his savings information and so on. He says he is not making any claim, which he isn't.

2. As I have just moved I am currently in the process of switching doctors, this will take a few weeks to do but I have to send the form back asap. Should I just put the name of my old GP or the name of the new surgery I will be going to even though I don't have a doctor there yet?

3. The form asks about work my partner has done since I made my first claim. My partner has always worked since 2002 and earned a good wage (he also has savings in excess of £30,000) however we were not partners then and I only moved in together last week. I am worried that by filling this in the DWP will say he should have been supporting me for the past 5 years even though we haven't been together that long and were only just living together now?

4. The form says they will tell me if I am not entitled to ESA they will write and tell me. I expect to not get any money but I am not better at all and would still like to have my stamp covered by being on the benefit, will this be ok?

Thank you for your help!