Lowell hounding for 3 debt already paid.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I owed £15.00 on a 3mobile which Lowells bought along with a Capital Credit Card debt.

This was all paid off

- can't remember the exact date as I do not have the paperwork to hand- around 2013.

.On 21/6/15 I received a letter stated that I still owed them money.

I wrote to them & received a letter on 18/8/15 stating they confirmed the debt had been paid & assured me no further action would be taken & my file would be cleared.

On 27/2/17 Lowell's & 3G appeared again requesting a payment for £741.20!

I have emailed a complaint to them & they have replied

'that they are looking into this matter'

QUESTION

- How do I get these vile creatures off my back.

Do I report them to OFT or FO or both.

I am finding this quite distressing as it took such a long.long time to sort this matter in the past.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Could it relate to other fees on the account with 3G e.g early termination of contract ?

It is up to Lowell to provide evidence of the debt and you can take it up with 3G, if there is an issue. Perhaps there has been a mistake.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Are you sure it's the same account? If it is then frankly I would be attacking them for some compensation. It's clearly a data protection breach. They hound you for money if you get it wrong, it seems to me only fair that you should reciprocate.

By the way, have you checked your credit file?

the mistake was you blindly paid the debt..

now they think you are a mug and will fall for any old demand.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Send them a prove it letter, bear in mind they seem to be phoning and texting debtors and alleged debtors recently, so say nothing on the phone unless you can record the call, and save any texts. Could be useful if they are hounding you for a non debt.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thank you for your responses.

I had a credit card debt that was bought by the same company along with the £15.00 mobile debt.

Without being too harsh towards dx's comments

- I spent years (with thanks to this website) sending letters to the debt collection company,

I attended the High Courts of Justice London 5 times.

I was recovering from cancer & had had enough so through a solicitor a negotiated payment was made & I have documented proof that all was settled.

Obviously if the debt company decides to take this further I will contest this as I have previously as I am not a mug.

I would like to know who I can contact to make a complaint regarding this company as I would not wish for others to go through this - FOS?

Thank you to the person who suggested a credit score report.

I am awaiting my credit file report

can you not get your file online at noddle or clearscore now.?

is this the same account number as the one you settled via a solicitor?

what is sending letters to DCA's [bad move just invites letter tennis] and being in high court? 5 times ,got to do with you not being mugged the first time around?

trying to understand the story....

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Just an update re Lowells.

Nothing appeared on my credit score.

I emailed Lowells advising them them to look into their records as I received correspondence in 2015 stating that the original debt of £5.00 to 3Mobile had been settled.

I received an email from them apologising & informing me a cheque for £250.00 would be sent in the post.

No further action to be taken.

£250! wow!

and they

Can you post that letter up where they say about the £250?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

lowell email re £250..

I note from your correspondence that you have referred to an email from Lowell dated 18/5/15 in which we acknowledged that the account had been paid, that we apologised for failing to close the account and that we stated was now closed.

I have read the email sent to you.

I can see that it acknowledges that you had previously paid the above account with BWlegal and that an apology was given with assurance that the matter would be closed.

The account was unfortunately not closed as stated and as such further correspondence was sent to you in error, as well as the text message that you received.

(i received numerous text messages and phone calls).

Having reviewed the account in detail I have found that we have failed to undertake the account as stated.

The person who initially wrote to you failed to close the account a stated.

Please accept my sincere apologies for this further contact which should not have occurred for the second time.

In light of the above information I am upholding your complaint.

As a gesture of goodwill I have arranged for a cheque to be issued for £250.00.

This will be issued within the next 10 working day.

Please be assured that the account is now closed and you will hear nothing further on the matter.

Relevant feedback has also been given to the colleague concerned..

If you disagree with how I reached my conclusion please do not hesitate to contact me telling me your reason and include any evidence that has not already been provided that you think is important in your case

Ahh the old gesture of goodwill. At least it is now closed and they have paid you compensation.

It's up to you if you wish to file a formal complain, as who knows how many others its happened to, and how many people became extremely scared and paid up extra.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

they have paid you the likely amount you would have got from them in a court claim for breaches of the DPA.

they save money and their reputation ( cough) by paying up now.

The presumption is that you will now not report them to the regulatory authorities.

If you did they would claim the matter is settled to your satisfaction

but that really isnt the point about why ombudsmen are needed

but it is lilely nothing else would happen.