Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
    Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2012

Default Re: Maintenance on public land behind my fence

it is then they mayor of London's office who is responsible. You may have a bit of bother gettig to the right person but they do have a database of all the land they own. You can aslo ask your council to do their bit and instruct the Mayor's office to clear up their muck. They have that authority.

Basic Account Holder Myfamily Novitiate Myfamily's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2011

Hi ericsbrother,

sorry ot sure if I've mis understood - should I just write to my local council then and they can pass on if they have the details anyway? are you able to help with a letter at all please?

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

well, you know who owns the land so you write to your local council and tell them that the landowner is allowing it t become overgrown and littered and you would ask them to serve an abatement notice under S80 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990. Basically they should send someone round to have a look as it has the be witnessed by their officer. They can then decide what to do. Once you have set the ball rolling you can consider asking for the repair/replacement of your fence.

Hi All,

Well I wrote to my local council and explained the issues.

Last week I was a way for some of the week and in that time, someone has been to the area behind my fence and had a bit of a tidy up, they have pulled over a lot of the ivy that was growing over the top, but in the process have pulled down another 2 panels (unless they were already broken by the weight of the ivy - I can't tell as it was totally covered! ) , it's not finished by any means - it's still a mess back there but nothing else has happened.

I have not had any written response from them about what they plan to do about damage to my fence or the issue with the path leading to my garage.

Any thoughts?

Myfamily

I would like to chase up these guys as I've had no reply to my e-mail but they have been and cleared some of it as explained above but also further damaged my fence.

Any ideas about what I should write to them?

Royalties Account Holder unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67 Highly authoritative unclebulgaria67's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2010

There should be a council team you can phone about this. They might have it recorded to contact you to replace the fence panels that have been damaged.

With my local council they are very quick in dealing with things. Send them an email and you get a response within a couple of days.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details