Leaseholder/freeholder ASB responsibility

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been living in a block of four flats with a social housing provider. flat for was "privately owned". unfortunately she died and the property was "sold on". the new "owner" has made my life, and the two other tenants life a complete misery for 11 months with no end in site.

Front door left wide open by builders resulting in missing post and parcels

communual areas are a disgrace and are getting damaged-were paying a service charge for nowt

they can start work at 6am working right through until 2am

building materials dumped in basement,which I went flying on

they climb on my roof and throw paint and plaster all over treess in a conservation area

etc etc etc

our social landlords has insisted for months "we are not the freeholder, we cant do anything" and that's that. so ive done some digging and as it transpires they ARE the freeholder, the new "owner" is a leaseholder. That means the social landlord has consistently lied to all of us on multiple occasions both verbally and in writing.

the leasholder has also stated to me in writing and verbally to a neighbour "I'm the freeholder" but they are not!!!

Its gotten to the point were I snapped .... the police were called and my doors smashe din to gain entry.

Whos responsible here? my landlord does nothing and washes their hands of it. My neighbour has had her celing cave in twice owing to the works. She had to stay ina hotel for two weeks and was not reimbursed. the list of whats been going on goes on and on and on.

Hi Hacked_Off

Could you please clarify the following please:

1. Who manages the Building?

2. Are you a Private Tenant i.e. Leasehold or a Social Housing Tenant (what does your tenancy/leasehold agreement say)

3. The other 2 Tenants as above are they Leasehold or a Social Housing Tenant (what does your tenancy/leasehold agreement say)

4. Where does the Social Housing Landlord come into this could you clarify please?

5. Have the issues you mention been raised with the respective landlord? (a breakdown of the issue may help)

https://www.gov.uk/private-renting/your-rights-and-responsibilities

https://www.gov.uk/leasehold-property/leaseholder-rights-and-responsibilities

http://www.lease-advice.org/advice-guide/living-in-leasehold-flats-a-guide-to-how-it-works/

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Still does not answer what I asked

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group