1st Credit Subject access request DSAR / SAR - extra info required

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just sent off (with the £10 postal order) a Formal DSAR request to 1st Crud.

All info required to be supplied, including a signature was provided in my formal and detailed letter.

I've just received one of their 'please fill out this 5 page form' before we are obliged to do anything, however I'm not happy with what they are requesting I provide.

There is no way I am ever going to provide them a copy of my driving licence, or bank statements and I'm back on here for some advice.

I've been completing DSAR requests for approx 10 years, and apart from (almost) starting legal action with BC whilst some have been a struggle to get all info from and in a timely manner most have been compliant and not made me jump through too many hoops. (Oh apart from the DWP completely ignoring me for over 2 months! Still ongoing - but I class them in a different category to the CC companies and DCAs etc).

Have the rules changed?

I am now legally obliged to provide any of the following on the attached picture?

Considering I've lived at the same address for over 10 years, and they've contacted me for 3-4 different companies at this same address, and threatened legal action to me at the same address, and supplied alleged CCA agreements, I would think that they should be fairly confident of my identity?

Can I take this route, or will they likely play up and delay provision even though I don't (I think) have to legally provide the documents they have requested I send?

Thanks

ME_TOO

image.jpg

why are you sending an sar to a DCA?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx,

It's a bit complicated but I'll try to explain as simply as I can....

Several CC companies (to whom I owe money & am unable to pay due to disability), continue to contact me still, 10 years after I got into financial difficulty.

They refuse to write off balance, and will not accept I do not have the funds to pay them.

I was making token payments, but after many years of continued harassment did the CCA route, and decided not to pay the unenforceables.

So, every now and again the CC 'recoveries' departments trigger the account to be sent to DCA's.

The one account which I currently have a problem with, has been sent back n forth to 1st credit 2-3 times, also sold to 1st and purchased back by OC.

(1st credit have purchased several other debts which they have given up on)

I am unable to communicate on the telephone, and have requested numerous times, quoting EqAct etc to remove all telephone numbers from accounts.

The CC companies and 1st credit oblige, until the account is passed to them again (or a new CC tries to use 1st credit as the others have failed to get anywhere).

And so here is where the problem begins......

Each time an account is sent or (resent) to 1st credit they perform a check on a 'general database', attaining a telephone number which I have not been contactable on for over 12 years, but which is used by a family member. They then continue to bombard the telephone number with calls at all hours.

Each time I have to raise formal complaints to get the calls stopped, but it takes a few weeks each time, and I really don't have the time or energy to keep writing formal complaints on the same problem. Each time they remove the number.....until the next time!!

We have a true call on the number, but there are times when they slip through, before I can block the numbers.

I have written to 1st credit requesting details of this 'general database'.

They signed for, but ignored my letters (plural!)

I wrote to the ICO, who have advised to request this information under a DSAR, and until 1st credit refuse to provide this information under a DSAR then the ICO can't do anything.

It's so frustrating, all I want to do is find this central database and get the information corrected.

I really don't know how the incorrect telephone number is against my name in the first instance - as for over 20 years, I have not put this telephone number on to any forms, and have also ensured I ticked 'no third party contact' etc.

I hope that's explained it, so in summary I need 1st credit to name the external database / company from where they attained an inaccurate telephone number.

Thanks

Me_too

if I was to be blunt, you'll never get the situation resolved by the method you have tried and persist with

all be them, in all intent and purpose 'the correct one'.

you indicate the number in question has a truecall box

configure it properly to not allow said calls to 'get through it'!!

If the box has been in use for a good period of time it already knows the numbers it treats as friends

all others get screened by the whisper and thus dumped and not allowed through as they don't pass that test.

why is the truecall box left in a state that it allows new unknowns to ring the house phone....?

configure it properly!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Surely the debts you refer to is statute barred. Have you made any payment or acknowledged anything within the last six years? If it is statute barred then it is unenforceable but also under the CONC rules, once you inform them that is statute barred than they are prevented by law from taking any further action. Have a look here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?426148-CONC-7.15-Statute-barred-debts

In terms of their request for further information, they are entitled of course to assure themselves as to your identity. From that point of view, it would be reasonable to ask you to furnish further proof. However, I agree with you completely. I would be very chary of providing any of those documents to them. One document that I might consider providing would be a bank statement fully redacted including the account number. In other words, it would simply have your name and address – which they know anyway – and the identity of the bank et cetera on the letterhead. I don't see that they need any of the other details. The account number is useless to them because they would not be permitted to use it to make any enquiry about you to the bank.

Frankly I would test them out and send them that document and see if they balked. If they did, then I would follow-up with a complaint to the ICO explaining exactly what has happened and saying that first credits behaviour amounts to a refusal and also their demands are simply a fishing expedition to try and get further personal data about you.

Our usual trick of sending a ctax demand should works.

Can't see why they need a pic or SIG

As they'd have no idea if its you nor anything to compare against

and they