style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2571 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

i would like some advice please

I have had an insurance policy for 11 years and i am claiming under the permanently disability rule that I can no longer do my job.

I have now been informed by the hospital that i will have to wait 55 weeks for my operation which means that it will maybe be February 2018 before i get the operation..

I will then be on the sick for about 14 months with only benefits to keep me going.

After the operation I will have 2 months recuperating time and even then I might not be able to go back to work

. Is there anything that I can do to make the insurance company pay out or will I have to go to the ombudsman.

Thanks i appreciate any help in this.

Hi honeybee yes i have tried to claim and their reply is that they will have to wait until after the operation to see if I can do my job. My insurance company is friends life. The operation on my spine could leave me still unable to do my job. I am a taxi driver and all that we do is sit and I can't see me being able to do this even after the operation.. I may loose my house through all of this..Not a happy situation all in. I would appreciate it if you could give me some options so that I will be able to keep my house. Thanks.

Hi honeybee yes i have tried to claim and their reply is that they will have to wait until after the operation to see if I can do my job. My insurance company is friends life. The operation on my spine could leave me still unable to do my job. I am a taxi driver and all that we do is sit and I can't see me being able to do this even after the operation.. I may loose my house through all of this..Not a happy situation all in. I would appreciate it if you could give me some options so that I will be able to keep my house. Thanks.

In these situations, you need to ask Friends life how they can help you, if you are left with a permanent disability. Normally these type of policies are limited in how much they pay out and for how long. You will then have to find work that you can do with your disability. Even with DWP benefits, any disability is subject to assessment and you may be classed as fit for work. In regard to assistance with housing costs on benefits with savings less than the threshold (£16,000 ?), you can apply to your local council for help with mortgage interest or rent i believe.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks everyone sorry that I haven't replied to you all your questions but here goes, i have a problem with my spine and as so I do not think that i would be able to go back to work and sit for 12 hour shifts (this is why i have a problem with my spine the job caused this problem) I also have inflammatory arthritis, diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis in my hands, IBS and depression. I definitely don't want someone like me driving them about. I just can't do the job any more and I definitely don't think that anyone would employ me. Also from the time of seeing my doctor it has risen from 36 weeks for my operation to 55 weeks. That means that from the first appointment to the operation and healing time we are looking at April next year. Absolutely disgusting.