caught shoplifting in sainsburys no police

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week I shoplifted from sainsbury's and am extremely ashamed of that.

I knew I shouldn't do it and sensed something was wrong, but at that time I was very very desperate and couldn't afford buying much.

It was one of the most embarrassing things in my life, I'm so glad no one I knew saw me do it.

I took about 5 packs of chewing gum worth maybe £0.46 each and looked out for cameras and hid them in my pocket where I thought I was invisible. Then I went to the public toilet in the store because I genuinely had to.

I walked passed the self check out machines and held a bank letter and my purse in one hand, saw a security look at them.

I didn't beep and was about to exit when I heard someone calling "excuse me, miss", but didn't turn around and kept walking.

Some people next to me turned around and I got tapped on the shoulder.

I got walked back in and stood next to some carts with a security officer.

He asked where the chewing gum is and told me not to lie,

all I could say is "sorry" because I panicked.

He told me to follow him and lead me to the security room with another person.

He told me to sit down and asked where I put the gum.

Instead of resisting, I just reached for my pocket and put everything I attempted to steal on the table.

He asked if he needs to search my bags,

I said I don't mind,

so he didn't.

He asked how old i am,

and i lied saying i'm 15 but i'm 16 because i thought this would change something.

they didn't ask for my name or any details but just said they normally call police or parents at this age.

he said he doesnt want to see my face in the store ever again and told me to never come back, and let me go.

knowing i have to go back, i can't follow his rules, telling my mum isn't an option.

does anyone have anything to say?

what will happen if they see me enter the store/ recognise me/ how likely is that??

They are entitled to refuse you entry, which is the right of any business. Whether they would spot you enter the store, i cannot answer. But if they did, they might ask you to leave.

Perhaps time for a new haircut and change of appearance !

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi and welcome to CAG

It looks like you have had a lucky escape. So long as you are sure they got no personal details then that should be the end of it.

The problem is the going back. They have banned you and as such if you enter the store, they can insist you leave as you would be trespassing on their land. I would leave it at least 6 months before you even think about going in again and perhaps have a new hairstyle?

As for your parents. Difficult. If you can't tell the truth, you will have to lie and that can cause many more problems. Liars have to have a good memory.

If you can tell your parents, that is the better option but if you live in a household that is 'difficult' then ChildLine may be able to help you come to terms.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

they wouldn't dare do it if you were with your parents on a shopping trip.

the pitfalls for them would be enormous.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Cut your hair and grow a mustache...

Only joking!

Cutting your hair in a different style is good advise, also you can change your clothing style, for example, if you have been caught in jeans and jumper, next time you go there with your mum, wear a dress.

Make up also is a good way to change appearance.

If you weren't wearing any, slap some on.

They see hundreds of people every day and there are different security guards working shifts.

I rarely see the same guy in my local Tesco.

Slap on the wrist, don't do it again.