• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome, PPI reclaim from 2002 **WON THRU AVAIVA +£2k**

alabalafala
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have been a member of the site for many years, and was given great info about reclaiming bank charges years ago, thanks for that.

However, my problem is now with Welcome.

After scouring the Welcome forum for months I decided to go for the PPI on the loans I had with them, and through the info from this site I managed to get back a good bit of cash, again thanks, but Welcome used the refund to pay off an outstanding balance on my last loan, which I thought had been paid off, since found out why it is still open, but that's another story.

However, after returning to this site I figured that there may now be charges I can reclaim, so after reading up on many stories and gathering advice, I sent off my £10 and £1 postal orders to Welcome for my CCAs and a SAR and this is when the problem began!!!!

My first letter went to Welcome on February 10 and since then I have four letters from Welcome saying they can't prove who I am and each time I have sent them new proof.

To date I have provided them with

One of my original loan agreements, which shows my previous address, it was only one I had

Letter from solicitor after sale of my previous address, showing full payment to Welcome for a secured loan

Letter from Welcome Finance showing loan balance paid off, this was from my previous address.

A bank statement showing current address

Telephone bill from current address

Letter, to my current address, from Welcome regarding a successful PPI claim

Letter, showing current address, from FSCS regarding my PPI claim

Birth certificate

Divorce decree

Welcome keep asking me for a passport, driving licence, firearms certificate or a police ID card and I have repeatedly told them, in letters and emails that I cannot provide these as I suffer from Graves Eye Disease so don't drive, I have not been abroad for more than 10 years and my passport expired about 7 years ago so don't have a valid passport, I do not own a gun so do not have a firearms certificate and I do not have a police ID card.

Again I received another letter today and after scouring the house have sent them my latest pension plan and a copy of my telephone and Virgin media bill.

When applying for my PPI I didn't have to send this much documentation, and I have asked the person dealing with my latest request to confer with the person who dealt with my PPI.

So if these latest documents don't work, apart from standing outside their Nottingham offices with my name in bright neon lights, I have no idea what else I can send them to prove who I am.

And bearing in mind they have written to me four times and I have replied to each letter with further proof of who I am!!!!!

Does anyone have any advice about this????

unless the charges were within the last 6 yrs you cant reliably reclaim them.

the only way you could would be if the PPI reclaim revealed they were solely caused by the PPI being charged

as for the off set to outstanding sums

part of the FSCS remit is they must do this.

there is no point in sending CCA requests for loans that have been settled

the agreement is over.

you don't need to supply any other ID info other than a current CTAX bill and proof of name change

if that's their issue

if you've don't this then send them the failed SAR letters from our library

but

as I said at the start

if the charges don't meet the criteria its a waste of time.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for that DX.

The charges will be from more than 6 years ago so it probably isn't worth chasing it.

Don't think there would have been many charges on older accounts because I always made sure to pay them,

thought there would be a few on last loan because I thought it was paid off but later found out it wasn't. However this is also more than 6 years old so no point in chasing it.

Was also hoping Welcome would supply me with info on 2 loans before 2005 to see who supplied the PPI, because my successful PPI claim was for after 2005. Would Welcome be able to help me with this?

Regards

alabalafala

well we know who all the insurers were here already

just read a few like thread

usually resolves to aviva

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX have been doing that this morning and found a few companies who did the PPI for Welcome so will I send a SAR and CCA to them to see if they have my details?

Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

Regards

alabalafala

as I said before little point in a CCA the agreement is long settled so the act does not apply.

why not ring them its a lot easier.

then if they indicate movement raise an sar

and they

Will do DX, have been through the forum and found phone numbers so will give them a call, but do I not need to have the account numbers for the loans, I don't have those, hence the reason for the CCA to Welcome? Should I wait for a reply from Welcome or just phone Aviva?

Regards

alabalafala

no good without numbers

and they

Hi just quick update.

Finally manged to get my accounts numbers, and dates loans taken out, from Welcome and you were right DX they were with Aviva.

Have now called Aviva and they were really helpful and are now looking into my claim. Just a waiting game now.

Thanks for the advice DX much appreciated.

Regards

alabalafala

• 1 month later...

Final update: Aviva have been fantastic and I have now received my PPI payment from them.

Even though the documents I sent to them for proof of identity were the exact same as those I sent to Welcome, Aviva had no trouble what-so-ever, accepting my items and got all my details from Welcome and have made payment to me this week.

A donation to the site will be forthcoming.

Alabalafala

Great news!!

and they

What date was the loan takes out please?

and they

Hi DX

The loan was taken out in 2002, and was for £2,500, which was paid off in full and with no missed payments.

I used the spread sheet on the site to work out what I would get back in PPI, and it came out at £700 and some change, so you can imagine my delight when Aviva paid me back £1,408.54. :-D I obviously did something wrong with the spreadsheet lol.

Alabalafala

now that is a wonderful result!

not for the fact of the money [you probably changed the claim to date from its default on the statint sheet?]

but that its from 2002!!

that shows that what welcome say is a load of ole twaddle...they were not regulated at that time.

this is good news for lots of people that have had claims refused..and there are hundreds here.

thread title updated.

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to thread jump but im in the process of doing this with Barclays bank.

They keep sending me letters to which i keep replying to them but they keep asking for proof I am living at the address I provided.

Im not a permanent resident or responsible for any of the bills for the house so therefore i am unable to provide what they ask, council tax, utilities, bank statements etc and they wont accept their own correspondence as being proof! I no longer have a passport.

(same address i lived in at the time of having the bank account and obviously im getting my mail they send to that address).

They closed the 2 nearest branches to where i live so i now have a 40 minute commute to go in person, as they wont accept photocopies in post, even if i had them.

Any ideas what I can do?

start a new thread

of your own please

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi jm2k,

Sorry to hear you are having the same problem and unfortunately I have no tips for you.

As I said, Welcome would not accept my proof of identity, but Aviva were more than happy with the things I sent, so not sure how each company works, sorry.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Regards

Alabalafala