style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just received a letter from co-op energy saying, notice of authorised agent to attend premises and saying despite previous correspondence the of amount of £869.12 remains unpaid

We have never been with co-op energy, been with e-on forn early 3 years and before that British gas, so have no idea what this is about.

It says as we have not replied to discuss this matter they have no choice but to refer the account to their agent Credit Style Limited to visit our property!

Advice please, tia

Sandy xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well clearly you need to find out what is going on – but also you need to be on record as having given them notice that they have made a mistake. If they are attending tomorrow then it is a bit late to write to them and the best thing would be to call them. However, you should record the call as per our customer services guide. It is entirely possible that they will not take any notice of what you say over the telephone, but at least you will have evidence that you put them on notice.

Additionally, I would write them a letter and put it in the post straightaway – first class – recorded delivery.

Next thing is that you shouldn't be too worried because it doesn't sound as if they have some court order or that there are bailiffs involved. That means that they can't force entry. On the other hand, we have been hearing one or two rumours of some utility companies entering in the absence of a householder and later on we are unable to discover a warrant. An ongoing case with Npower seems to be a very good example. Look elsewhere on the Utilities forum to find the story. We are trying to untangle that mess.

Are you going to be in tomorrow?

Have you ever had any correspondence from this company at all? Do you live in a shared building – block of flats et cetera?

I t does not say they are coming tomorrow, the letter is date March 6th, post first class and arrived today.

It goes on to say, if our agent is unable to reach an agreement with you, thy may issue a county court claim for this debt, in addition to the out standing amount on your account you will also be liable to pay the following costs

Court costs : Minimum, £35

Solicitors Fees : Minimum £70

Statutory Interest Charged at 8% per annum

I have no way of recording a call

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I live in a HA house, been here nearly 3 years, before that was in another HA house and was with British Gas, not had letters from the co-op before, the previous tenant here was with e-on

credit style are a DCA

tell 'em to do one.

they are not bailiffs and have no powers at all.

and complain about the £100 charge you'll get on your bill to for 'debt advice'

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX,

Really worried about this, like said only been with BG and now E-ON, BG would not let you change to another suppler when was with them

I pay my e-on every 2 weeks as is easier, never miss

oh sorry I read it wrong then..so you're not even their customer...:lol:

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

nope, not a customer of co-op

Last house we were with British Gas, they would not let us change suppliers, we moved to where am now and previous tenant was with E-ON so we went with them.

I very much doubt if and a big if you are not allowed to have 2 suppliers anyhow and who would pay for two!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

This is very worrying , have e-mailed them but no reply, not sure what to do. Dreading them sending someone to my house, not a good time as just lost my beloved dog which was unexpected.

Has anyone else had this happen, did click the link Andy put on

Should anyone turn up simply tell them that you have never been a customer of the COOP Energy...ask him if he has brought documented written proof...statements..etc ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Guest Mrs Hobbit

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387366-Harassment-amp-Threat-of-Doorstep-Visit-**Update-21st-April-2014**

i would be sending them this letter amended to suit your circumstances and keep a copy of the letter just in case someone turns up. I would also remind them as they cannot produce a signed agreement that you are a customer of the company this will be treated a harassment, as such Co-Op Energy will be reported to the Regulating Authorities to take whatever action the RA's deem suitable.

I did this with a certain energy company .

Our house was empty before I bought it, so some opportunist doorknocker decided to boost his income by saying I agreed to change suppliers. I was also able to prove I was not in occupancy at the time. maybe this is what has happened in your case.

Of course send it all recorded delivery.

I have emailed them soon as got letter but no response, can not phone them as no way to record calls and no phone! My mobile is a basic thing

The letter does not even state what property the so called bill is for, it just has the address on where live now and like said always been with E-ON since being here

skype?

and they

no, have nothing like that, people normally contact me by email or post lol, or sometimes on rubbish ( face) book

** UPDATE **

Finally got a reply to my email to Co-op energy

Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting Co-operative Energy.

As this email was not sent from the email address registered to an account I am unable to action your request due to Data Protection.

Please resend your enquiry from the email address registered to your account or call us on the number below and we will be happy to answer your enquiry.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact myself or a member of our team on: 01926 516 463

Kind Regards,

They won't have any of your details, as you are not their customer.

The letter you received was in error.

I don't think i would be doing anything.

Let them work out that they have sent letters to a wrong address.

As long as you know who supplies energy to your house and you receive bills from them as normal, then that is all that is important.

Just keep an eye on your post.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I plan to Uncle, I am with E-ON and have been for nearly 3 years, pay every 2 weeks and got receipts etc :)

I don't think Coop have you down as their customer.

It is simply an admin error and nothing more.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

where would they have got an account number from? the letter does not even state what address the bill is for!

The last house lived in I was with British Gas

Is it your account number ?

If the letter is addressed to you, perhaps the old house tenants changed to Coop and did not pay. Somehow Coop think you own this previous house and have sent you a letter. But there would have been many previous letters, so one letter out of the blue, just seems like an admin error.

If you are that bothered about possibility of more hassle, then photocopy the Coop letter received and send it with a covering letter to Coop marked for the attention of Head of legal compliance/Data Protection Officer. In the covering letter, just query why they have written to you, when you have never been a Coop Energy customer. You have been with Eon for 3 years and still paying them at your current address. At your previous address xxxxxxxxxxxx, you were a customer of British Gas and paid all bills to them. Just say that it appears to be an admin error by Coop Energy and you are not happy being harassed by them, incurring costs. Ask them for £100 compensation for inconvenience and costs in dealing with this.

Hi Uncle

as never been a customer of co-op energy then have no idea if this is our account number, we do not own our house, we are tenants in a HA house, previous tenant was with E-ON so we went with them, our last house was also a HA house.

We were with BG at last house and they would not let us changed to anyone else

So that is evidence that the letter received was a mistake. Had this related to you, you would have received many communications.

another update

Good afternoon

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately due to Data Protection Acts 1990 and 1998, I am unable to respond to this enquiry as it has been sent to us from an email address which is different to the one which is registered on the account.

A response to this query will be emailed to the email address registered against the account.

You may request to change/add another email address to your energy account by making the request from the email registered on the account.

However; if the email address registered on your energy account is not in use anymore, or you are unable to access it please contact our Customer Services Team on 0800 954 0693 to add the new email address.

I appreciate that it is an inconvenience, but I am sure you are aware that the Data Protection Laws are in place to ensure your account information security.

If you need any additional information regarding this request, please answer to this email, keeping its reference [182090-1489410861] within the subject bar.

Kind regards,

erm, maybe because I have never been a customer of yours and only used the email address you have replied too

What do I do now?

Sandy xx