style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been a while since I posted so here goes.

A month back, my car got clamped for an unpaid PCN. The car was parked on a single yellow line overnight (legally) and restrictions only apply from 08:30 am.

At 08:30 when I went to go to work, I saw the car clamped and made the relevant calls and dealt with it.

I wasn't notified that the clamp had been removed (it was removed at 10am I have found out).

When I returned to the car later to see the clamp removed there was a shiny new PCN on it for parking on a single yellow line during restricted hours.

The PCN was given at 10:13.

The bailiff notice was still stuck on the car.

I obviously thought no biggie.

I'll appeal the ticket which I did and received a reply from Barnet saying that as it was 4 hours from when the car was clamped and the ticket, the ticket is valid!

Now I need to wait for the notice to owner to appeal this further,

but I will lose the discounted rate and if I lose that then what?

I actually think this is disgraceful behaviour, but I may be wrong.

Thoughts?

Been a while since I posted so here goes.

A month back, my car got clamped for an unpaid PCN. The car was parked on a single yellow line overnight (legally) and restrictions only apply from 08:30 am.

At 08:30 when I went to go to work, I saw the car clamped and made the relevant calls and dealt with it.

I wasn't notified that the clamp had been removed (it was removed at 10am I have found out). When I returned to the car later to see the clamp removed there was a shiny new PCN on it for parking on a single yellow line during restricted hours. The PCN was given at 10:13. The bailiff notice was still stuck on the car.

I obviously thought no biggie. I'll appeal the ticket which I did and received a reply from Barnet saying that as it was 4 hours from when the car was clamped and the ticket, the ticket is valid!

Now I need to wait for the notice to owner to appeal this further, but I will lose the discounted rate and if I lose that then what?

I actually think this is disgraceful behaviour, but I may be wrong.

Thoughts?

It's nice to see you back posting.

I would be very surprised indeed if you lost this appeal. You need to wait for the new NtO to be issued and at that stage, you can make Formal Representation.

I would suggest that when you submit your appeal that you make it clear that if your FR is to be rejected that you will have no hesitation whatsoever in asking for the rejection to be reconsidered by London Tribunals (formerly PATAS). There is a very costly fee for the council to pay if you request the intervention of the Tribunal (certainly more than the value of the ticket).

PS: What happened to the clamping of your car? Has there been any repercussions or did you have to pay the bailiff?

Even if it got a ticket whilst clamped you would still be liable so I dont see what grounds you are appealing on.

I don't understand how you can be liable for a PCN when your car has seized by bailiff? I was not in control of the car. I'm not talking about the original PCN. This is a new PCN issued 13 mins after the car was unclamped.

It's nice to see you back posting.

I would be very surprised indeed if you lost this appeal. You need to wait for the new NtO to be issued and at that stage, you can make Formal Representation.

I would suggest that when you submit your appeal that you make it clear that if your FR is to be rejected that you will have no hesitation whatsoever in asking for the rejection to be reconsidered by London Tribunals (formerly PATAS). There is a very costly fee for the council to pay if you request the intervention of the Tribunal (certainly more than the value of the ticket).

PS: What happened to the clamping of your car? Has there been any repercussions or did you have to pay the bailiff?

Funny how when I called Barnet they didn't tell me about the London tribunal.

The original PCN was for a traffic offence which I had no idea about so I filled out the relevant document and got it certified and sent to TEC.

Will pay it when it comes in.