NatWest/RBS due to the mis-selling of PPI on my partners Credit Card addressing missing Statements

mzfrfd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have been made an offer by NatWest/RBS due to the mis-selling of PPI on my partners Credit Card. When I say ‘I’ it is because I submitted the claim on her behalf. I have used the FOSRunningPPI v102 Spreadsheet to ascertain what is owed to her. (Fabulous tool). This runs from September 2001 to February 2008 whereupon we have a zero balance.

There are statements missing from June 1998 – August 2001, for which I have populated another FOSRunningPPI v102 spreadsheet created using the average spend, and payments as per the FOS approach, and ascertaining the PPI using the 0.76% charge originally used of the balances produced.

My conundrum is what figures do I submit to NatWest/RBS to counter their clearly wrong offer?

Do we ‘splice’ the spreadsheets in some way or another, or do we keep them separate and add the figures together in some way? Should I start the FOSRunningPPI v102 spreadsheet with the earlier missing data using the averages described above then continue with the real data to produce 1 spreadsheet, or does that distort the figures too much? How do we consider the statutory 8% interest on the assumed data sheet? There is none there at present as there is no positive credit balance. There is however the time lapse between when that money was taken until now to be considered.

The earlier statements would definitely have impacted the real figures in some way given that 3 more years of data has been added, however the latter data is real and the earlier data is assumed…

The complication for me arises that the Card balance on the assumed data using the FOS agreed averages ends with a balance of £4856.67 owing on the Credit Card. Whereas the real figure at the beginning of the known data shows £712.80. How do I reconcile this without being laughed out of the room by both RBS and FOS if it comes to that? Do I just ‘tailor’ a payment into the splice approach so the total equals the real £712.80?

I have seen threads discussing the insertion of maybe 1 or 2 statements but not 3 years’ worth of statements/data at the start of history of the card.

How has this been done previously?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'll look later

But it might be worthy to use the foscisheet throughout read its description in that link you have

That's the one to use whereby you have statement s missing

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100

The CISheet looks like it compounds daily rather than monthly as per FOS approach for running credit cards, and does not make a provision for statutory interest for periods in credit. Probably good as a starting point for addressing charges reclaims and taking a firm to court. However it throws up different compound interest figures than the approved FOS approach as found in - FOSRunningPPi v102 spreadsheet.

Thanks for the responses dx100uk. I too will revisit this this evening after work and college.

A conundrum indeed!

FOSCISHEET NOT CISHEET...

sorry caps on my phone

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You had it correct in the first place dx100uk.

Its me that looked at the wrong sheet. At first glance it definitely compounds monthly however there still seems to be no provision for for statutory interest for periods in credit, however Im in a mad rush and need to hit the road and go to college! Thanks again for your responses. I'll take a look again later when I finish my class.

ok

and they

Hi dx100uk

The FOSRunningPPi v102 is definately the way to go. The FOSCISHEET has no provision for for statutory interest for the periods in credit which makes it difficult to work out what to request from RBS.

With compound interest being the key here and the assumed data the basis of that compounding, i need to find a way to integrate it in a way that has been done before and the funds were successfully claimed. More than happy with the FOS approach but cant find anywhere how they addressed this issue!

Any further ideas?

Anybody?

you could use the FOSCISHEET

with a running total of the account balance at that time

where credit is shown [it the refuns to that point outweighed the negative balance and for that month showed a credit]

that sum of credit could inputted into the statint sheet at that date [and later ones]

that will do the statint for you.

2 sheets whereby you have no full statement list is quite ok.

and ofcoure statint runs till they settle too which the statint sheet does for you...

and they

been a long time since I was really working with them now

but it makes a diff with a user that understands my quick musings without 1001 questions..

and how to use the sheets and excel!!

10/10!!

and they

Lol! The FOSRunningPPi v102 is the real daddy though! Hats off to Ims21 for that one. I've got that one working to accommodate the 4 different interest rates that were used over the period my partner had the credit card. Not for me one average rate. Numbers are absolute so there should be no reason for a guessing game! There are some real excel whizzes out there. Where I can understand the formula I just modify them to suit. If you ask me to write formula and code though, I'm stuffed!

Thanks again for your input on this. Much appreciated :)

Ok

Using the approach below, that FOS say they mandate, this is how I have handled it.

What we know

• You took out your credit card in January 2003 and took out the PPI policy at the same time.

What we have assumed

• Credit card interest at the rate charged on normal purchases applied to the PPI premiums added to your account;

• you would have paid the same payments to your account each month as you actually paid; and

• Our records of your credit card account only go back to January 2005. For the period from January 2003 to January 2005 we have assumed that your credit card spending and your payments to your credit card would have been the same as their average from January 2005 to date. We have based our reconstruction of your credit card account for that period on those assumptions.

FOSRunningPPi v102 spreadsheet No: 1

I took the average spending and payments to the credit card from 21/09/2001 to account closed and populated a FOSRunningPPi v102 spreadsheet with said data to produce the runnings total for the period between June 1998 - August 2001 inclusive. To ascertain the PPI paid on the balances produced I used the 0.76% rate originally charged against the balances which are known, ie from those statements from September 2001 onwards.

The spreadsheet for the missing data using the FOS approach above produced a figure of £890.48 including compound interest.

FOSRunningPPi v102 spreadsheet No:2

For the principle FOSRunningPPi v102 spreadsheet I opened up the run, using the August 2001 statement, by adding the £890.48 as the opening figure for the PPI Premium column. For the opening ‘Monthly Spend’ and ‘Monthly Payment’ figures, I ignored the Card Balance produced at the end of FOSRunningPPi v102 spreadsheet No: 1 and used nominal figures that created a negative card balance to activate the spreadsheet to allow the £890.48 to be picked up. I then added the known data.

From 21/09/2001, all the ‘Card Balances’ reflect the true position in terms of spend and payments as can be seen in the statements we have to hand. With the PPI balance brought forward from FOSRunningPPi v102 spreadsheet No: 1, we now see the impact this has on Card Balance Excluding PPI and the simple interest to be paid.

Because of the addition of the ‘missing data’ to the spreadsheet, the following Overlimit payments no longer apply and I have added these values to the relevant ‘Statement Date’ row in the PPI premium column, in addition to the PPI premium paid on that date.

Transaction Date Description PAYMENTS

20/05/2005 OVERLIMIT FEE £20.00

21/06/2005 OVERLIMIT FEE £20.00

21/07/2005 OVERLIMIT FEE £20.00

19/08/2005 OVERLIMIT FEE £20.00

21/09/2005 OVERLIMIT FEE £20.00

21/10/2005 OVERLIMIT FEE £20.00

21/11/2005 OVERLIMIT FEE £20.00

21/12/2005 OVERLIMIT FEE £20.00

20/01/2006 OVERLIMIT FEE £20.00

21/02/2006 OVERLIMIT FEE £20.00

19/01/2007 OVERLIMIT FEE £12.00

What I now have is a FOSRunningPPi v102 spreadsheet Master, ready for submission with supporting data.

The banks offer, net of tax, was for £3026.09.

My request, net of tax, is for £6643.29.

If anybody can see any flaws in my approach, then please can you advise before I go in to bat!

Thanks

FosRunningPPI v102 Master.xls

sounds ok.

if you've followed the fos guidelines

you now wait for them to try and fob you off

as they will so expect that 1st off.

don't forget the FOS CQ

and they

with all ppi claims you should of sent a

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

but as this is already running bit late now..

and they

And yes,

I do indeed expect them to fob me off!

its their default position when their offers are derisory!

This one will defo go to the Ombudsman as I'll be demanding more than double their offer.

My maths/numbers are are tight though the approach may be suspect. Hopefully I'll get confirmation on CAG

Ah, yes. I have one populated signed and ready to go once i get the expected knock back!

Complaint was sent in November so I still have time on my hands for a bit of too and froing :)

you don't need one now

its not for the FOS

its just provided by the FOS to generally encompass what should be outlined when a PPI complaint is made.

the FOS deadline runs from the final response letter.

but read that letter properly.

often firms will use the words..you can consider this as our final response..

which means, if you don't its not

we are awaiting your hit back..

and they