CRS/ Harlands

be04
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

First time poster

but like a lot of people on here I have started to receive emails/ phone calls from CRS with regards to my Xercise4less membership cancelling- sorry in advance for the long post, wanted to give as much background as possible!

Any help on how to approach this situation would be welcome!!!

I moved out the area of my X4L after finishing uni , and admittedly didn't cancel the membership for a few months,

I was switching from a graduate account to a different bank account I was looking through my DD and saw that £9.99 had still going out of my account to Harlands.

i sent a cancellation request on 28.11.16 giving my most up to date address, and citing that my reason for cancelling the membership was moving out of the area.

I had no correspondence about this membership, apart from a confirmation email from the gym about my cancellation, until my parents received a letter at my home address on the 8th February saying

" Your membership remains in arrears despite previous letters being sent to you, and as a result our fees totally £102.50 have been added. Therefore your account balance now stands at £207.47"

Obviously alarmed at this,

I rung the number on the letter and said that I have confirmation of my cancellation of my membership, and was asked to forward this over. I did so, and heard nothing back until February 16th when I received an email from CRS.

In this email they said that they had thought I had not given notice, but now that they have proof that I did they had knocked off £9.99 from my account and that I now only owed £197...

They said I should have made a final payment on 25th December, but that payment had not been made as my account was in arrears.

Now following this, I looked in to the bank account ( one that I no longer use but was paying in to monthly to clear my overdraft) and I can see that at the time the DD was refused.

I get that I am at fault here,

but still not happy with the additional £197 fees or the lack of correspondence before the initial letter.

If I had received anything before this I would have sorted straight away, especially if all I owed was two months of membership fees!

I replied explaining that firstly this was the first correspondence I had received from CRS or Harlands about my account and also that I did not understand where these additional fees have come from.

Since then I have received a breakdown of fees on my account that included x2 membership fees, x3 admin fees, recovery fees and trace fees! All in line with various clauses in my 'agreement' ( Assuming this is the gym contract)

As well as this they told me they sent letters to my previous address in Newcastle Under Lyme ( even though when I cancelled my membership I provided my most up to date address)

I have since replied to the email asking for a copy of the contract where these clauses have come from, and have also forwarded the cancellation confirmation from the gym with my reasons for leaving and my updated address on there- waiting for a reply- will update when this comes through.

Just wondering what I should do for the next step.

I don't want my credit score to be affected, and don't want any action taken against me.

I am now getting daily phone calls or texts from CRS.

I'll happy pay the x2 months membership fee I am owed, but not happy to pay for the remaining fees- especially the 'trace' fee when I have provided the correct address to contact me, but not sure what the legal implications would be

Any help really appreciated here!

moved to the gym forum

go read lots of threads here you'll soon get the idea

they cant trash your credit file so forget that.

and you should be ringing them either

a DCA is not a bUILIFF

THEY HAVE NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

YOU SAY YOU MOVED

WERE THERE dd'S TAKEN AFTER THAT DATE?

opps sorry caps

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Be and welcome to CAG

No time to go through your entire post just now but please confirm :-

1. Date you got email confirmation of your cancellation.

2. Date the last DD was paid to Harlands.

3. What did you tell X4Less when you sent the cancellation request.

Ignore all comms from Harlands/CRS for now, until we've considered this fully.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Be and welcome to CAG

No time to go through your entire post just now but please confirm :-

1. Date you got email confirmation of your cancellation. - 28/11/16

2. Date the last DD was paid to Harlands. - 25/11/16

3. What did you tell X4Less when you sent the cancellation request.- Told them I was moving away from the area

Ignore all comms from Harlands/CRS for now, until we've considered this fully.

Hey, confirmation of all above :) So do you think I should ignore them? I'll happily pay the two membership fees but the others just seem so made up! Thanks for your help!

Hi Be,

1. Can you confirm what the email confirmation from X4Less said.

Do NOT speak to anyone about this by phone again. Not the gym, Harlands/CRS, The Zinc Group or Spratt Endicott. Stay OFF the phone from now on.

I suspect you need to offer to pay £9.99 for the final month's fee that was NOT paid by the bank DD in December.

As long as they continue to write to your parents' address, that's fine as you'll know what they're up to.

Read other threads here and you'll see how others are dealing with Harlands/CRS.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)