Harlands and Xercise 4 Less **RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, Wonder if I can get some guidance on my situation with xercise4less and Harlands.

Cancelled direct debit around August 2016 because wasn’t using the facility anymore and the 12 month contract expired ages ago. Didn’t contact the gym to advise of cancellation until Harlands chased payment the following month.

Went around the houses a bit until eventually phoned Harlands again in December stating this is cancelled from months before but realise didn’t actually tell the gym so paid all outstanding instalments and admin charges (about £100 by this point). Really fed up but didn’t realise the charges were unenforceable - then assumed matter closed, arrears brought up to date and membership terminated.

Receive standard letter re January missed instalment and another £25 admin charge 31st Jan - Responded with this letter (sent to Harland’s and xercise for less):-

Dear Harlands,

Membership with Xercise 4 Less Quote Reference: xx

I write to confirm I have cancelled this membership arrangement. Can you please respond to confirm my cancellation is updated on your record? Please confirm I owe no further money I have been trying to cancel this membership and have not used the service for over 6 months.

I have called the hardlands helpline two times to cancel and I have paid off your charges in December. I am now up to date. Please confirm no further action is required from me.

I have a learning disability. Please can you respond in writing so I can get somebody to help me understand? I don’t understand from phoning the helpline why I have been charged more money since I wanted to cancel. Many thanks for your help,

14th Feb - Receive this letter from Harlands: Dear Jimbob We are disappointed you have not responded to our previous correspondence. The February instalment has now been missed…. Admin fee £25 etc etc Call harlands helpline to make payments… lines are open etc If you do not call by 24 February 17 the collection of membership fees will cease to be administered by Harlands and will be passed to a debt recovery agency.

This may incur you significant additional fees and ultimately result in court action.

20th February - Replied with this letter. Sent recorded to Harlands and xercise for less:-

Dear Harlands

Re: my cancelled membership to Xercise for less Quote Reference: xx

I write, in response to your letter 14 February 2017. I have indeed responded to your previous correspondence I am disappointed you have not responded to my previous correspondence (copy enclosed) No further instalments to xercise for less are due since I advised you of cancellation of my membership. No further administration charges are appropriate, these are unlawful.

I await your revised response in writing confirming your records are now up to date, otherwise I consider this matter closed. Kind regards

23rd February - Receive this response (written exactly like this!) Further to your recent letters to our offices, Harlands can confirm that the agreement has not been cancelled as of yet as not cancellation has been sent from xercise 4 Less head office. We await their contact

6th March - Receive this email from gym Hi Jim, I have spoken to our Membership support team regarding your membership. You need to reinstate your DD and cancel your membership and pay off any outstanding arrears on your account. Healthy regards

6th March - Receive letter from CRS advising arrears now £69.98 and the usual information to pay via Harlands helpline by 12th March and the threat of legal action as next steps.

Do I sent another letter, or resend my previous letter to CRS?

Should I respond to the gym manager?

Thanks in advice for any help..

Apologies. I wrote post with line breaks! Hope that is not too hard to read?

Hi JC and welcome to CAG

It's way too hard to read in a block like that but the format can go wrong depending on the device you're using.

I'll sort it for you now adding para spacing and, by the time I've done that, I'll have read your post and will reply ..............

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

i'd be go getting that payment back

was it by a debit card

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi JC and you post above is now legible :wink:

I hope you've read other threads here by now. If you have, you'll realise you should never have paid Harlands the £100 you referred to in para 3 of your post above. However, that's done and in the past so forget it.

We now need to make sure you pay nothing more to Harlands/CRS, regardless of their demands and threats. We'll help you with this !

If you want, I can draft you a letter you can send to X4Less which should get them to tell Harlands to clear off.

Do you want me to do this for you, or you could draft your own letter on here and I'll check it.

Let us know..........

In any event, do NOT worry any more about threats from Harlands/CRS - they're full of Hot Air and will do NOTHING !! :wink:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks for sorting that and thank you for the reply. Yes please, if you draft a letter I will send to the gym. I realise now I should not have phoned in December but I didn't find this forum until it was too late!

Letter to X4Less as follows. Send by Royal Mail Signed For delivery :-

Xercise4Less

1, Kirkstall Industrial Estate

Kirkstall Rd

Leeds

LS4 2AZ

Dear Xercise4Less,

Membership at [town/city] gym

I refer to my membership at xxxxx gym which was past the initial 12 month minimum membership term.

I wanted to cancel but failed to give you notice as I should have done. As a result, Harlands contacted me and demanded over £100 which I paid for gym fees and their "Admin" fees. I now realise I should NOT have paid their demands as they made me pay admin fees that I didn't owe.

Since then Harlands have continued to harass me saying I've still failed to cancel my gym agreement and I owe even more.

You now need to tell Harlands to stop contacting me any more. If they contact me again, I'll make formal complaints to Trading Standards and The CMA.

I require your confirmation in writing that this matter is now closed as I paid Harlands more than I owed when I failed to give the gym the required 1 month's notice.

Yours faithfully,

Keep us posted :-)

Thanks for that. Is that the address I should use? I have been sending letters to the actual gym so far.

Should I also send this in response to the email contact from x 4 less? Or just a letter.

Hi JC,

Just the letter to X4Less Head Office with proof of postage.

Email or letter to the local gym will prob end up in their bin !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There, J

ust a quick update, to thank you Slick for the help and to let you know got this response from the gym today

********* Thank you for your letter to Xercise4less head office We are happy to confirm that your membership is now cancelled.

We have informed Harlands to clear all charges to your name as no further charges are owed *******

Its cost more than a months gym fees in recorded letters but glad this is resolved now.

Good luck to anyone else following

- what a nightmare these companies are to deal with!

**Edited to add in line breaks again which wont save??***

Edited by JimCrick84

Hi JC and this is good news.

Enjoy the peace and quiet now Harlands/CRS will not be harassing you any more.

Thread title now reflects your result.