PAYDAYUK & THE MONEY SHOP Identity Theft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning Caggers

I got 2 letters through my door today stipulating that I have 2 outstanding debts (I DON'T) to PAYDAYUK and THE MONEY SHOP. :-x

These have been sold on to BW Legal, and (obviously) I can't get through to them on the phone to tell then that my identity has been stolen. :x

What is the correct process with this. I have not had any letter from PAYDAYUK and THE MONEY SHOP, demanding monies. I only have 2 letters delivered on the same day which state they have sold the debt to PRAC/BW Legal.

How do I defend my credit report and my identity? :mad2:

It is worth adding.....that I have never ever taken out a loan with either of these jokers.

I have just spoken to BW Legal and they said that I would have to go through security to check who I was. I told them;

My name; It Matched

My address; It Matched

My dOB: IT DOES NOT MATCH.

So clearly somebody has stolen my identity without putting in the correct DOB.

What do I do from this point,

as I can't speak to the original Loanee,

as they have sold the debt to the DCA ((BW Legal (used to be Lowell)).....

...and I can't speak to the DCA as I don't pass security as my DOB is different to the original person who fraudulently took these out in the first place......

Many Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi

I suggest contacting ActionFraud just to get a reference number to pass on to BWL

WRITE a letter to them and state that this is ID fraud, give them the reference number and suggest they return it to their client as you will not be held responsible for another persons fraudulent action.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Do everything in writing and STAY OFF THE PHONE. Especially if you suspect fraud.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Worsteve

Im also in your position. I have been dealing with BW legal for a little while and PRAT Financial... (Yes i spelt it wrong for a reason)

Keep it for now. ITs time to send a SAR off to TMS / PDUK - I also have had fraud issues with them and they refuse to accept it.

You need to get as much info as possible. Once done, come back and let us know and we can advise next.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Good Morning all

I will do exactly that then. SAR will be sent off first thing tomorrow. Very much appreciated. The money shop e-mailed me and asked me what my D.O.B. was........I wasn't going to tell them that so they could change their details.

Should I do anything with my CRN number?

Brgds to one and all.

One thing I do know is that the Date of Birth they have on file both at the Loanee's and the DCA......do not match my actual DOB.

SAR all done and will be sent off to PAYDAYUK and TMS. Should I send one off to PRAT as well?

Good Morning all

I will do exactly that then. SAR will be sent off first thing tomorrow. Very much appreciated. The money shop e-mailed me and asked me what my D.O.B. was........I wasn't going to tell them that so they could change their details.

Should I do anything with my CRN number?

Brgds to one and all.

If you have never had these type of loans with these companies, then if it were me, i would obtain the CRN and send it to BW Legal by recorded post in a letter explaining the situation in your letter.

I suspect that it is not identity fraud, but someone from a DCA or tracing company that has got the wrong person/address. Given that the DOB is wrong, then the original loans would have been given to someone who shares your name, but a different DOB. They would have done a credit check on this other person at the time of the loan. They have then defaulted and disappeared off radar. Fast forward months or years and some space cadet at a DCA or tracing company, has written down your address as a possible for this debtor. Which is why they have wriiten to your address.

I would suggest you check your credit record fully and report back here if you find anything.

I can't see it is worth wasting time/money on an SAR. Your DOB does not match, they have traced the wrong person and in theory you would fail a basic security check, so should not be sent the SAR data.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Morning Uncle Bulgaria

My credit record is clear of any misdemeanours no both Creditfile and Noddle. My score is high and that is good! Should I send a copy of my Passport to BW Legal then? Right now, they say I fail the security check so can't access their information.

I too feel like some jobsworth has just found someone with the same name and attached it to me and my address.

Many Thanks for your continued support ! :-)

Morning Uncle Bulgaria

My credit record is clear of any misdemeanours no both Creditfile and Noddle. My score is high and that is good! Should I send a copy of my Passport to BW Legal then? Right now, they say I fail the security check so can't access their information.

I too feel like some jobsworth has just found someone with the same name and attached it to me and my address.

Many Thanks for your continued support ! :-)

You could just send BW Legal a photocopy of your passport page, saying that someone has traced the wrong person and you insist on compensation for your expenses in resolving their error. Advise that unless they send a written apology with appropriate compensation, you will make a formal complaint to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority and the ICO relating to this misconduct.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi Uncle Bulgaria

I am happy to send the SAR to the Loanee's to ensure I get the correct information on DOB. I will also send a letter with a copy of my passport page to BW Legal, proving that I am not the owner of those loans as you state above. I am happy to insist on compensation to go with it as well!! :wink:

Thanks again as always

Hi Uncle Bulgaria

I am happy to send the SAR to the Loanee's to ensure I get the correct information on DOB. I will also send a letter with a copy of my passport page to BW Legal, proving that I am not the owner of those loans as you state above. I am happy to insist on compensation to go with it as well!! :wink:

Thanks again as always

The SAR should fail as you are not the person the data relates to. I doubt they will send you anything, but they might bank the £10.

The SAR should fail as you are not the person the data relates to. I doubt they will send you anything, but they might bank the £10.

Agreed however any refusal to supply can be used as evidence they have the wrong person. If they had the right person, they would no problem supplying the data.

I would suggest to BWL that they refer this back to their client as this is a clear case of fraud and should their client continue this fruitless case a claim for breaching the Data Protection Act may follow.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

• 10 months later...

Good Morning Caggers

So then, all was done bar the SAR to PAYDAYUK AND THE MONEY SHOP. A few letters had gone back and forth and forms stating that this was fraud and I filled them all in. Nothing on my credit report.....then I got 2 letters on Friday stating that they had sold this debt onto PRAT financial. They have clearly washed their hands off these 2 loans. Still nothing on my Credit report either, but they are accusing me of owing them monies.

So then what to do next? Since March there has been quite a bit of written dialogue, albeit without the SAR.

Just FYI, early last year I got a letter from each saying that I owed both monies....a pseudonym under the same name had taken these loans out.....and they immediately tacked this sh1t on to me......even though it wasn't me.

Your help as always would be greatly appreciated!

Get the SAR off so you can see their internal comms

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Morning all

It is worth stating that I was working with BW Legal (DCA) all of last year and now they have moved this on to PRAT. It has gone from one to the other.....typically. So an SAR to PRAT for both is required I assume?

Cheers

Only SAR the OC. Never a dca.

As I have mentioned before, a SAR would fail as you are not the debtor they are chasing. If you did SAR them and they supplied data then they have breached the Data Protection Act. It seems that the original CRN has bypassed their thought systems!!!

It seems that a threat of court action has now subsided but that does not negate the requirement of the creditor to make the right checks to ascertain whether the person they are chasing is the correct one and whether there is a case of fraud.

What to do?

I suggest a formal complaint (in writing) to PRAC and when they disagree with you, go to the Ombudsman. Long winded, yes but it puts the onus on PRAC to get their facts right. You have told them enough times that this is fraud, you have supplied the CRN so they should fully investigate this case.

I've unapproved the attachments as they contain your personal details..

I wanted to see what Broken Whiney Legal have sent to you

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis