Npower - Warrant while in credit and edited bills

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry, I had misunderstood. I'd like to see that document. Please can you post it up.

Of course I suppose it's not helped by the fact that a new meter has now been installed and I suppose that there is no trace all records of the old one.

The new metering should have a tag on it identifying the reading on the old meter that was removed. Npower have really screwed over the OP and from the sounds of it they may have difficulty working out the amount that is actually owed since they moved into the home. BTW the LL of the property may have the readings dating to when the OP moved into the property. If the OP can get that and the readings when the metering was exchanged Npower could have a lot of answer for.

The new metering should have a tag on it identifying the reading on the old meter that was removed.

That is very interesting to know. I've never heard of it before and I can imagine most people don't realise. However, is there some writing or rule available so that we can get the authority for that. If this is simply more than industry practice then it could be a very good basis for a complaint/action.

That is very interesting to know. I've never heard of it before and I can imagine most people don't realise. However, is there some writing or rule available so that we can get the authority for that. If this is simply more than industry practice then it could be a very good basis for a complaint/action.

Unfortunately it is simply good industry practice. Just to add Npower generally use Metering Services if the OP is in the West Midlands. They should have a record of the readings anyway as an electronic flow known as a D flow is sent to the supplier with readings and another is sent with the new metering details plus the readings on that new meter. Npower should be able to trace both these D flows with little effort especially if they know the approximate date of the meter exchange.

But surely isn't there some manual or some guidelines to what is good industry practice?

Also, in what part of the country does JJ live?

• 2 weeks later...
But surely isn't there some manual or some guidelines to what is good industry practice?

Also, in what part of the country does JJ live?

I have experience of receiving bailiffs when they never, to my knowledge, took me to court. The bailiff said I had been taken to court and he had a warrant. I asked why I had not been informed. He said I had. I hadn't but I rang up the local magistrates court and they confirmed warant issued in my name that morning and that no records of proceedings are kept and you get no court record. In the end I had to pay up and try and sort it out afterwards - all because all the correspondence had been sent to the correct name but an incorrect address. Entirely unsatisfactory!