style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hopefully we will be able to resolve this situation by peaceful means.

I got a bag full of documents such as Council related files e.g. benefits, rents, utilities bill under my mother names and etc...

For ID's I will be providing him with the passports of all the residents who live in the property. He would not be able call that fake ID.

I also be doing that Stat Dec on Monday, but Grumpy wrote that it will be ignored by the EA as it needs to approved by the courts to withdraw the EA.

"And a stat Dec will be ignored by the EA.

You need to get the court to accept it and withdraw the EA."

If the EA rejects the proof and still wants to take my family belongings, the police will be called.

Edited by MrIndeed

@ Grumpy "Just by being open and honest and having the paperwork should sort this matter out.

The chance of him forcing entry after having a civil chat and seeing the paperwork is slim to none."

Grumpy is an EA, he also gives excellent advice that takes the EA viewpoint of how things go down in the field he tries to be genuinely helpful not confrontational, he just tells it like it is for that contribution he deserves respect. If you talk to the EA, as per Grumpy don't panic, act cool show the proof, and make sure all info is with the court, as in anything to show the debtor is not in the UK, if you have an address for them outside the UK that would help you, but not the court or EA as they will not in all probability not have any way of enforcing the debt outside the UK.

The problem for Grumpy and his colleagues is that for every genuine case there are 5 or 10 that are obviously trying it on as alluded to by BA.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Had one the other day where occupants confirmed they didn't know of debtor.

Neighbour confirmed the same.

Police were called who pnc'd the address and no mention of debtor on their system.

Whilst we were outside arguing and occupant distracted

, I skirted around and entered through an open door.

We removed an adult male from UNDER(not in) upstairs bed and he later admitted he was debtor.

So yes, we take it with a pinch of salt and attitude and helpfulness is 80% of confirmation of occupancy.

Interesting story.

How did you know that he was under the bed?

I understand that people abuse the system by saying these types of things.

I can reassure you that I'm not lying about the debtor not living the property or even in the UK.

If the bailiffs turn up and no one is home, will they break in and take our belongings?

Will we be made to pay the debt on the behalf of the debtor for our stuff to be returned?

Because we search cupboards, wardrobes, attic, garages, sheds....

No, to force entry, they will generally have to know someone is in, be it either the defendant or someone covering for him.

No unless the EA has a belief you are lying. If you are calm and orderly and show the required paperwork, you will be fine. If unsure, make sure you record what is going on.

If you provide all the paperwork and are open and honest, he should disappear quickly.

Because we search cupboards, wardrobes, attic, garages, sheds....

No, to force entry, they will generally have to know someone is in, be it either the defendant or someone covering for him.

No unless the EA has a belief you are lying. If you are calm and orderly and show the required paperwork, you will be fine. If unsure, make sure you record what is going on.

If you provide all the paperwork and are open and honest, he should disappear quickly.

You cant be fairer or say more than that, if all in order nothing to worry about, you could film the EA but don't wind him up, just say you are filming for his protection as much as yours.

I think Grumpy has nailed it as to what the EA might do, so provide the evidence and liase with the court. Above all keep calm and state the case present the proof, and don't get wound up.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Interesting story.

How did you know that he was under the bed?

I understand that people abuse the system by saying these types of things.

I can reassure you that I'm not lying about the debtor not living the property or even in the UK.

It isn't so much that Grumpy would have had a hunch....there is a lot more to it than that.

I mentioned on another thread a few days ago that I was invited to a local authority and enforcement industry conference a month ago (this was the 5th year that I have been attending). This year's presentation from one particular well known company was very interesting. The company concerned provides exceedingly accurate personal data (addresses, mobile phone numbers and email contacts) to councils, enforcement companies, finance companies and other creditors.

I raised a question regarding the accuracy of mobile phone numbers. It was interesting to hear that companies such as this particular one rely heavily upon data provided by mobile phone providers and whereas 5 years ago, many people had a 'pay as you go' phone the trend now, (in particular with iPhones etc) is for a phone to be provided under contract. Such agreements require a credit search and accordingly, this improves the accuracy of data.

Many more companies are taking to sending text message to debtors and the above outlines how the company obtain the mobile phone number.

It isn't so much that Grumpy would have had a hunch....there is a lot more to it than that.

I mentioned on another thread a few days ago that I was invited to a local authority and enforcement industry conference a month ago (this was the 5th year that I have been attending). This year's presentation from one particular well known company was very interesting. The company concerned provides exceedingly accurate personal data (addresses, mobile phone numbers and email contacts) to councils, enforcement companies, finance companies and other creditors.

I raised a question regarding the accuracy of mobile phone numbers. It was interesting to hear that companies such as this particular one rely heavily upon data provided by mobile phone providers and whereas 5 years ago, many people had a 'pay as you go' phone the trend now, (in particular with iPhones etc) is for a phone to be provided under contract. Such agreements require a credit search and accordingly, this improves the accuracy of data.

Many more companies are taking to sending text message to debtors and the above outlines how the company obtain the mobile phone number.

There is a fatal flaw in this way of searching.

Say for example, 5 years ago i obtained a credit record at 1 Church Lane, Milton Keynes. I then moved from this address and was of no fixed abode, but applied online for mobile phones using 1 Church Lane. I might decide to pick up the new contract phone from a high street store and use some ID that i had. How many mobile phone stores are going to check very recent ID for people e.g a recent utility bill at the address. Also it is possible to use an address to order something and have the delivery to another address.

There is a fatal flaw in this way of searching.

Say for example, 5 years ago i obtained a credit record at 1 Church Lane, Milton Keynes. I then moved from this address and was of no fixed abode, but applied online for mobile phones using 1 Church Lane. I might decide to pick up the new contract phone from a high street store and use some ID that i had.

I would say that you would not pass a credit check. A search of that address would almost certainly reveal new tenants.

I would say that you would not pass a credit check. A search of that address would almost certainly reveal new tenants.

Think they would pass credit check. Full name, address, DOB and no other new address listed, no adverse marks on file.

They would not fail credit check, as you might have a multiple occupancy residence, where names of people resident are frequently changing.

The address shown on a credit record search is not necessarily the latest address for someone. These tracing companies hype the level of sophistication of their services, as they are charging fees. There was a TV documentary awhile back on these companies and what it revealed was interesting. Illegal practices and providing information that was wrong.

And i will give you an example of over reliance on data relating to addresses for people.

A relative of mine who moved abroad to EU country, used my address purely to forward on correspondence. Their Bank refused to note a foreign address to send statements, so my UK address was provided. The Bank then noted my address on my relatives credit records, even though they had never lived at my address and never were going to. The Bank did not make any checks regarding my address in relation to my relative, as they had no connection with my address. Similar issue with child benefits, where government wanted UK address and my address was provided purely to act as a mail forwarding address. You can continue claiming child benefit, when moving to EU country.

Anyway, some years later, i started being contacted by different companies who are insistent that my relative lived at my address, as it was shown on credit and other searches. One company even sent someone to my address searching for my relative.

It is too easy to have an address registered by credit reference agencies that actually has nothing to do with the person the record belongs to. People such as Marstons agents have no idea about the processes in place by companies who feed data into credit records and other databases.

And i will give you an example of over reliance on data relating to addresses for people.

A relative of mine who moved abroad to EU country, used my address purely to forward on correspondence. Their Bank refused to note a foreign address to send statements, so my UK address was provided. The Bank then noted my address on my relatives credit records, even though they had never lived at my address and never were going to. The Bank did not make any checks regarding my address in relation to my relative, as they had no connection with my address. Similar issue with child benefits, where government wanted UK address and my address was provided purely to act as a mail forwarding address. You can continue claiming child benefit, when moving to EU country.

Anyway, some years later, i started being contacted by different companies who are insistent that my relative lived at my address, as it was shown on credit and other searches. One company even sent someone to my address searching for my relative.

It is too easy to have an address registered by credit reference agencies that actually has nothing to do with the person the record belongs to. People such as Marstons agents have no idea about the processes in place by companies who feed data into credit records and other databases.

I think thats what probably happened.

The debtor used our address on his bank, which in turn led everything to be traced to us.

We have been getting his bank statements for the past 2 months.

I think thats what probably happened.

The debtor used our address on his bank, which in turn led everything to be traced to us. We have been getting his bank statements for the past 2 months.

Does he have a vehicle registered at your address?

Does he have a vehicle registered at your address?

He doesn't own a vehicle.

Before he left the country he was on job seekers allowance.

I don't know if he told the job centre that he was leaving the country.

Edited by MrIndeed

Sorry this is incorrect. This used to be my field and I was reasonably well respected in it.

No network gives out mobile phone numbers for customers or ex customers.

They will record address information with CRA's - but that has nothing to do with the validity of the mobile numbers.

Slightly different I know but what about Capita and their TV licence fee collectors? They have access to the records and also those of Sky and all of the broadband providers so they can assuse you of downloading from the BBC i-player.

I see a problem for the phone company refusing to hand over the info if it is subject of court activity and like the banks screwing customers the companies are more afraid of the regulator than they are of the customer, even when the handing over of the info isnt necessary or even legal.

I know this is off topic

When were TVL allowed access to this info,

and even if they did it does not prove they have a working tv and equipment

I was under the impression the government were only considering to give them access to the info.

I know this is off topic

When were TVL allowed access to this info,

and even if they did it does not prove they have a working tv and equipment

I was under the impression the government were only considering to give them access to the info.

A bailiff is likely to me more civil and less threatening than a TVL/Capita goon who will try to make the householder think they have more powers than a bailiff. best thing to do with a Capita goon is say nothing sign nothing and close the door, film them if you like. Most prosecutions are by self incrimination.

MrIndeed should be OK if the required info is provided to court and bailiffco.