Cruise 1st Adding Extras Warning!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having booked a 17 day Sydney 2 day hotel room only stay and 15 day NCL cruise of Austria and New Zealand for Nov 2017.

As the tv presenters had stated if you want to add any extra days on please just call back after booking as we are travel agents also so will make sure you get the best price?

We contacted Cruise 1st customer service to request a quotation to stay an extra three days earlier in our hotel and change our flights out date. The email reply I have received offered to change our flights for £100 each and the extra three days in the same holiday hotel would be for a room only deal £845 each making a total cost £945 each to extend our booked holiday by three days.

I found this quote unbelievable and therefore went online putting the three extra dates in for the same Sydney hotel for the double room only quotation. It came back £625 for the room and not each. so a different of over £1000 from the Cruise 1st one.

I contacted Cruise 1st C/S and was told in an email reply that is the price we were given by our suppliers Travel Cube and if you can get it cheaper then I suggest you just pay for us to alter your flights and book your own accommodation yourself as that is the best price we can get. I replied I would be reporting this to the Salford Trading Standards and their suppliers Travel Cube as I and many others I have told think there is no way this can be treated as a fair profit and has to be a customer rip off price as it is done to a large tv audience and many may thing that is the best price and pay it?

I feel strongly about this so I have reported this to both Salford Trading Standards and Travel Cube who are both investigating I have been told and will be in touch in due course. i have been told since a £100 per return flight each alteration charge is too high as well and more than Emirates would charge Cruise 1st to do it, also Cruise 1st have told me there is no refund to cancel my transfer cost from the airport to the hotel if arriving three days earlier on a coach!!!

After my last email threatening to contact trading standards and Travel Cube there has not been a reply from Cruise 1st.

So I have joined this forum to make sure other UK wage earners and retired people wanting a cruise don't get ripped off if wanting extras added.

Thank you all Soundguy :mad2:

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.