• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cooperative insurance customer practices

Cookalina
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Need some advise.

Incident at roundabout in april 2015.

Hgv going around the roundabout.

I leave my exit and follow behind hgv.

Car comes from right in middle of roundabout wanting to exit ahead (small gap between me and hgv) and we end up in a small collision.

I have damage to my car.

He has no damage.

He comes out his car.

Swearing, and blaming the hgv.

Eventually he agrees to pull over to exchange details.

I contact my insurer-advise might be cheaper to get repairs privately.

He has not contacted his insurers. Case closed.

Sept 2016 I get a call from cooperative (no longer my insurance) to say the case is open.

Was advised that I'm being held liable for the incident in 2015 April.

I advise I have the photos I can send through adin.

I may have dash cam.

I advise i will wait for the letter to come through and then reply back.

Feb 2017 get a call to say that they are waiting on dash cam and that they sent me a text.

I said I was waiting for a letter.

I asked what I'm being held liable for and was advised that they don't have that information.

Only that I'm being held liable.

I said they need to write to me and I check if I still have the dash cam footage.

Letter arrives and all it says is that I'm being held liable and that I need to send in my dash cam footage. I wrote back and asked what I am being held liable for.

Today I get a call from the cooperative to say that they are waiting for my dash cam.

I explained that I am waiting to find out what I am being held liable for.

I was advised again that they don't have that information but the dash cam could help.

I maybe wrong but shouldn't my insurance company be aware of what I'm being held liable for?

Please advise if anyone been in the same situation? Do my insurance company need to get back to me with what I'm being held liable for.

Edited by dx100uk

I'm sorry but we have to ask you to present your story in a properly punctuated and spaced out way. Reading solid blocks of text which are expressed in some kind of shorthand is extremely difficult for people to do and it will reduce the likelihood that you will get the help and support that you need.

I'm sorry but we have to ask you to present your story in a properly punctuated and spaced out way. Reading solid blocks of text which are expressed in some kind of shorthand is extremely difficult for people to do and it will reduce the likelihood that you will get the help and support that you need.

I'm not sure whT happened bot this was not written and posted in solid blocks or shorthand

The reason for Coop being difficult, is that they don't normally provide their policyholder with details of accidents reported to them by a third party. They want to see what you disclose first of all, without sight of the allegation made by the third party, so they can make a judgement.

All Coop need is written details from you about this accident in April 2015, which you reported to them at the time. If you have pictures and dash cam footage, provide that as well. I suspect the HGV driver is trying to claim for personal injury, which is quite common these days, as people see any slight accident as a chance to make money. They may have gone to a Doctor complaining of a sore neck and this is noted as possible whiplash.

If you don't bother to deal with this, you will have a fault claim in your record. Very annoying, but i suspect Coop will end up paying a settlement, rather than arguing, in the absence of your side of the story. You might be with a different company now, but this fault accident will ger picked up at your next renewal, leading to increased premium.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

threads merged post 1 sorted

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

It was not the Hgv that was trying to claim. This was a foreign hgv.

The person trying to claim liability against me wa a car driver who was trying to get through the gap between me and the hgv.

The insurance company has all details, diagrams and photos.

He had no damage. And now there is a 'liability ' claim against me, but for what? I don't know why or for what. What if the car driver has had a accident between April 2015 and now and is trying to put the blame on me.

Not sure anyone on here can possibly advise you what is going on. Given the length of time this has been going on, it suggests a personal injury is involved, so probably this other car driver. People try it on, in the hope of making a few thousand.

All you can do is supply Coop with as much information as you have got. Tell Coop that you are quite willing to attend a Court to give evidence, if they refuse the third parties unfounded claim.

As i said very annoying, but as it you facing increased premiums as a result of a third party trying it on, then it is up to you how much effort you put in. Perhaps Coop have not got on file all the previous info sent and they are just going off something recently received from the third party.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks, I was worried they try a PI claim but 2 years later? How do they prove that? And surly if he had a PI claim it would affect day to day life.

I try find the dash cam information and submit it.

I think they have up to 3 years to make a PI claim. Perhaps they did gain medical evidence at the time and it has taken along time.

Someone i know had a very minor knock.

The third party pretended to have an injury so severe they could not move.

So Police and Ambulance arrive.

Conversation between Police and Ambulance staff, doubting any injury.

The Police Officer then told the driver that if their injury was so bad, they would have call Fire Service to cut the roof off the car.

Unbelievingly the third party sat in the car while roof was cut off.

They were then taken to the Hospital, where no doubt the Ambulance staff told the Doctors what just happened.

The Doctors then took much more time to establish and record that there was no injury detectable.

So no PI claim was ever made, even after the third party registered a claim and then went into hiding, after being told to prove their claim.

Possibly the type looking to make a dodgy PI claim.

You need to help Coop stop this dodgy claim. If Coop did pay out, it would appear on your Claims Underwriting Exchange (CUE) record, which is a central Insurers database. When you next renewed or looked for insurance you would have to declare the fault claim and it would be picked up from CUE, meaning an increased premium over several years.

Also if you did not advise your current Insurers of this pending accident claim with Coop, it could cause you a problem if your current Insurers checked CUE following any claim you made with them. They would want to know why it was not declared and possibly charge a backdated premium increase.

How can coop payout without my authority?

I would have thought they needed to consult me.

As I am not admitting any liability it was not my fault.

And if he has a PI how can he go on fairgrounds rides, running , bending on the beach, slouchyand pmaying/managing a golf club. I do love social media

Playing and managing thanks for your advise

I just don't understand why the cooperative do not know what he is claiming for against me.

How can coop payout without my authority?

I would have thought they needed to consult me. As I am not admitting any liability it was not my fault. And if he has a PI how can he go on fairgrounds rides, running , bending on the beach, slouchyand pmaying/managing a golf club. I do love social media

They don't need your authority, as it an Insurers responsibility to deal with third party liability claims under Road Traffic Act law. This is why Insurance is a legal requirement.

Coop are consulting you. They have obviously had a claim from this third party and need your help. If you don't help them as much as possible, you will be paying this claim via higher insurance premiums.

Regarding liability, where in the right did the third party come from, - entering from the same junction as you, or were they established on the roundabout prior to you pulling out.

I joined the roundabout from a stationary position and the only vehicle on the roundabout was the HGV in front of me. The owner car came at speed from the right of me (not the same exit but was much faster) he breakef hard and started too beep at the hgv

Regarding the above posts it is correct, they have 3 years from the date of accident to issue Court proceedings. And if you are intent on disputing liability you need to give your insurers the tools to do so.

Do you have the dash cam footage?

They don't need your authority, as it an Insurers responsibility to deal with third party liability claims under Road Traffic Act law. This is why Insurance is a legal requirement.

Yes, and also there is usually a clause in the small print of your policy that says you agree to the insurance company handling all claims on your behalf.

Make it clear to them that you do not accept liability and expect them to defend the claim vigorously. They can ignore you, but it does at least make your position clear and strengthens your hand if at any time in the future you wanted to make a complaint.

I joined the roundabout from a stationary position and the only vehicle on the roundabout was the HGV in front of me. The owner car came at speed from the right of me (not the same exit but was much faster) he breakef hard and started too beep at the hgv

They'll probably be suggesting that you failed to give way, hopefully the footage will show you are established on the roundabout long enough for you (your insurers) to suggest this is s lane discipline case not right of way.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I sent dash cam footage and the cooperative called me to say that the CD is broken.

I send a second copy which they have not received (both sent record delivery) the footage is too big to send via email.

Also I found my letter from July 2015 to say that The claim has been settled as an non fault on a notification basis only.

It seems that the third party failed to advise their insurance immediately.

They'll probably be suggesting that you failed to give way,

hopefully the footage will show you are established on the roundabout long enough for you (your insurers) to suggest this is s lane discipline case not right of way.

Footage on dash cam is only showing from when we. Org stopped.

He is ahead of me near his exit on the inside of the roundabout I'm behind.

He put his car and swearing at me.

I ask him to stop swearing and he says that he had to slow down for the lorry and stop so I can away off

And what am I going to do about it.

He then attempted to go back in his car when I told him he hit me.

He replied where?

He was only coming out of his car to swear and be abusive towards me.

Only when I told him he has hit me did he acknowledge the incident