Advantis Credit Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

First time here. I have had a letter from Advantis Credit Ltd requesting the following:

Dear Mr x xxxxx

Advantis provides professional services to a number of large organisations within the UK.

We have been instructed to verify the current whereabouts of a Mr x xxxxx formally resident at xxx xxxx xxxx in relation to an outstanding matter.

If you do not contact us we will assume that you are the correct person and we will contact you again in order that we can get the matter resolved.

Yours

ACL

* The address in question is a place I lived in 4 years ago and have since lived in 2 other locations.

* Although the letter has arrived into my mailbox the actual flat number on the letter is incorrect.

* They have an online portal which I have logged into using random detail and it states there is a debt of £1000.

What should I do here ? I haven't formally contacted them yet.

Thanks

GS

Ignore it. Its a phishing letter and is actually in breach of debt collection guidance.

How can they assume that if you dont contact them, they have the correct person? Its a scare tactic and theyve likely sent a dozen letters out to people with similar names.

Also, what do you mean by random detail? If it is truely random then the site is NOT secure at all, and you should file a full report with the regulators.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You could ignore them do you owe the debt? , as they will have sent the same identify yourself or else letters to many people with similar initials and name hoping for someone to bite. I would avoid contact for now and see what they send next. Others will be along soon to help also.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

@ renegadeimp, you beat me to it :)

These phishing letters need stomping on.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

No confusion at all. its a generic phishing letter. Once you reply, theyll know they have a mug. Like i said, they could have sent out a dozen letters all over the place. Even if ONE person replies( it doesnt matter who), then theyll take that as a signal to start harassing.

Ignore it, and also please explain about their site.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks,

It has a portal whereby you enter the reference number from the letter. It then asks you for contact details (gave them fake detail). It then gives an amount to pay i.e 1200.00 which clearly I didnt.

different name and address I hope a ficticious one.

Yup. Somewhere up North :)

No mine's I hope :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

No mine's I hope :)

No probs N Codd C/O Holyrood

If you do not contact us we will assume that you are the correct person and we will contact you again in order that we can get the matter resolved

Just a thought but how have they got away with this for so long. They must know they are breaking the law. Unless it would be a case we were not aware

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

i'd be going an getting your credit file IMHO.

though

and going by past dealing with advantis

they pull all kinds of stunts..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i'd be going an getting your credit file IMHO.

though

and going by past dealing with advantis

they pull all kinds of stunts..

If only we could gain proof they have trashed several Mr J Jones credit files with the CRAs at different addresses for the same debt, as a result of the wording on the phishing letter.

@greenscreen:

"If you do not contact us we will assume that you are the correct person and we will contact you again in order that we can get the matter resolved"