Dismissed from work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just been dismissed from work. They have said it is based on gross misconduct, though someone told me that if it is with notice it cannot be gross misconduct, as this will be immediate dismissal i.e. without notice, is this correct? I was suspended, investigation, disciplinary meeting, appeal . Failed the appeal and was dismissed on 2months notice.

I am currently completing a early reconciliation form as a would like to take my employer to tribunal. Don't want money just want the accusation of gross misconduct remove from my name.

I am now looking for a new job how can I tell them my I go for interviews about my dismissal.

Hi,

Sorry it's not something I know much about but how long have you been with the company.

I'm sure the employment guys will be along sooner than later to help you.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi

1. How long had you been in employment with the Employer?

2. What does your Contract of Employment say?

3. Disciplinary Meeting, what were you being accused of & were you dismissed for Gross Miss Conduct at this meeting and informed in writing?

4. What were you Apealing at this time?

We really need a timeline of what has happend from start till now with dates (shortened version) to be able to assist you

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

As above we need to know a bit more about your situation. Length of service is relevant, as is the nature of the accusation

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I think you also need to understand that the tribunal cannot "take away" the label of gross misconduct. The tribunal has the task of deciding whether the dismissal was fair or not - fair in law. If the dismissal is fair in law, then that is the end of the matter. They won't decide that it was fair but not gross misconduct. Your informant was incorrect - there is nothing to say that employers cannot pay notice in cases of gross misconduct. It isn't common, but it also can and does happen.

So an opinion of whether it is gross misconduct or not is not relevant. The employer has dismissed with notice. If you have done something to warrant dismissal then you will lose a tribunal. If you have done something to warrant a dismissal but the employer has made a procedural error in the dismissal process (not in what they called it) then you might win but end up with little award because of your own actions.

So what you say you want isn't what tribunals do.

If they followed their procedures and gave you the right of appeal the givingpayment in lieu of notice for gross misconduct is not unusual. An example fo where this would be the norm would be abuse of work facilities/fiddling expenses etc. examples of where instant dismissal would be the norm would be fighting, caught stealing etc.

I note you avoid in saying what they considered to be gross misconduct and whether this is written into your terms of service as being such. This suggests that there isnt an argument over the facts of the matter, just how it appears on your record. as already said, it looks like frocedures were followed and so nothing for a tribunal to consider unless you have something else.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.