Autonet & Ageas

rippedoff15
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well first time ever i was stopped my police for no insurance, which was a shock as have been paying the policy and not missed a payment. The policeman was great showed me MID detail and yep states no insurance.

Spoke to Autonet this morning and they confirmed the policy taken on December 2016 was live and all payments up to date, I asked who informs MID and was told Ageas not the broker. Now left in the dark as unable to drive my car waiting for replies and getting nowhere fast.

Dont want to drive the car as the next policeman may just tow it away :-x:-x:-x:-x

Has anyone been in this situation before totally confused

Autonet should be able to resolve this quickly with Ageas. Perhaps Autonet have keyed the registration number in slightly wrong and therefore Ageas in their data to MID have not recorded the Insurance,

This is down to Autonet to resolve, checking the policy information and making sure Ageas update MID. It might take 24 hours for MID to show update.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

In Germany and the US your reg plates indicate whether you are insured or not,

makes you wonder why they dont introduce a similar scheme here unless you believe that there are so many vested interests to thwart it or theat the govt believes that we are all crooks and would wish to forge number plates rather than have insurance.

you pay a third party premium to your local council or state and you buy the comprehensive or other cover you need from an insurer as normal. When you scrap a car the plates are physically sent back

Well they make there own rules, advised not to drive from the Broker until the details are correct on the MID web site, unable to get to work now as train will take 3 hours, my boss is not happy just like me. Paid insurance and unable to drive the car, complete mess the only good point the policeman last night trusted me when i said its insured instead of towing the car away. Now playing the waiting game

Well they make there own rules, advised not to drive from the Broker until the details are correct on the MID web site, unable to get to work now as train will take 3 hours, my boss is not happy just like me. Paid insurance and unable to drive the car, complete mess the only good point the policeman last night trusted me when i said its insured instead of towing the car away. Now playing the waiting game

Thinking about it. Why has this suddenly happened ?

If you had been driving around uninsured for awhile, then you would have been setting off ANPR cameras and have DVLA writing to you about the vehicle not being Insured or SORN.

There is a requirement by government for Insurers to update MID with the Insurance details within i think 48 hours.

Something has gone wrong with AGEAS data to MID and it might not just be you. I think you need Autonet to fully explain what has happened and advise them that following advice not to drive you will require compensation for not being able to get to work. Presumably this will mean having to take annual leave.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to Autonet & Ageas