DVLA didn't take DD, now fined me for no tax

dazworld
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I set up DD with DVLA 2015.

DVLA confirmed DD was set up and supplied a letter saying so.

Thinking my car was taxed, and having comfort DVLA would take payments as needed, DVLA has not requested/taken payment.

Car was not, therefore, taxed. I discovered this with a lovely man put a wheel clamp on my car, with £260 release fee (£160 later refunded once taxed) but then 2 weeks later, letter from DVLA with fine of £216.

Replied to DVLA fine letter saying it's their fault.

The DD letter from DVLA in 2015 says exactly 'you do not have to do anything'.

I am fuming.

So have you contacted the DVLA now?

I suggest that you call them and then follow up with a letter confirming whatever you have discussed in the court.

Let us know what happens

Hi.

Fodder misunderstood.

I've only received a fine letter demanding the sum.

I've written to DVLA saying I had set up DD and it's their fault. Not yet heard back but it'll be useful if there's any advice/expectation of my challenging them?

I would hope you receive an apology and a refund of £100 since you were not fully reimbursed that release fee.

Personally, I would be thinking about making a claim in the small claims court if this is not forthcoming.

Don't even get me started on that unlawful fine.

Are you able to consult a citizens advice bureau or law centre?

Um, could you have not done what the rest do and check your dd's each month?

Maybe the bank would authorise it.

Maybe you were short of funds the first month...

Maybe, just maybe,

the dvla did call for it and something went wrong your end?

Have you asked the bank if it was ever called for?

Did you check your statements for the days the money was due to come out to check money was in there?

I would hope you receive an apology and a refund of £100 since you were not fully reimbursed that release fee. Personally, I would be thinking about making a claim in the small claims court if this is not forthcoming. Don't even get me started on that unlawful fine. Are you able to consult a citizens advice bureau or law centre?

I dont think you quite know what you are talking about.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi

As you done this online I assume via DD did you receive an email from DVLA to notify you that the DD had failed? https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-direct-debit/payment-fails

(look at 6. If a Direct Debit payment fails)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I would hope you receive an apology and a refund of £100 since you were not fully reimbursed that release fee. Personally, I would be thinking about making a claim in the small claims court if this is not forthcoming. Don't even get me started on that unlawful fine. Are you able to consult a citizens advice bureau or law centre?

What's the point of small claims against the DVLA? Its almost impossible to enforce with neither hceo ot county court bailiffs able to enforce against them.

Unlawful fine? The car was untaxed. Therefore they were fined. The question is who's fault wad the non payment. We need more detail yet.