Whirlpool Tumble Dryers - More Safety Issues ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

CAG Reported on the safety issues regarding these products in 2015..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?456048-Hotpoint-Tumble-dryer-safety-issue&highlight=Whirlpool+tumble+dryer

However it seems despite their assurance that their items are now considered safe and the fact they have continued to sell this product.. they have now advised.... owners not to use their dryers until they have been repaired !!

Whirlpool orders plug to be pulled on millions of faulty tumble dryers until they can be repaired

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/whirlpool-orders-plug-pulled-millions-9898350

Families with exploding tumble dryers in their homes have been told to unplug them immediately in a dramatic u-turn by manufacturer Whirlpool .

The electrical giant caved in to pressure and admitted all affected models including Hotpoint and Indesit dryers should be taken out of service until they can be repaired.

It comes after the Mirror led calls for Whirlpool to take responsibility for 5.3 million dangerous machines sold over a decade and linked to hundreds of fires.

Campaigners are now demanding customers with unable to use dryers while waiting months for a repair be compensated.

Since admitting the fault in November 2015 the company had defiantly insisted they were safe to use so long as they were not left unattended.

It faced a barrage of demands to order them to be taken out of use including from firefighters, consumer group Which? and Electrical Safety First.

The Mirror has led the way in exposing the exploding tumble dryer and holding Whirlpool to account culminating in the issue being debated in Parliament.

Which? Has now joined the Mirror’s call for a full product recall and free replacement of all faulty machines.

Andy Slaughter MP, who called the debate in the House of Commons, said: “This now opens Whirlpool to claims from customers who have machines they cannot use.

Believing them to be safe I purchased a new one just a couple of weeks ago !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:thumb:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The newer models should be safe(er) as they should have taken this all on board to ensure that future models don't allow the fluff to come into contact with the element. I had one of the unsafe ones and as mine was less than 6 months old, it was replaced FOC.

It is about time they took responsibility. This fiasco has been going on for too long now. I would also say that consumers also have a duty to ensure their own safety. Clean the filter every time the dryer is used.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I discovered that I have one of these faulty dryers, I've always been careful about cleaning it, removing and cleaning filter before each use, cleaning condenser every few months and cleaning any fluff/lint from any areas I can get to every few months.

It's probably this care that has avoided any potential outbreak of fire.

I duly registered with indesit to have the repair... and today they got back to me... trying to get me to have a new dryer for just £99... Disgusted doesn't come close. If they are so concerned about these catching fire, that they have told everyone to unplug and NOT use them at all... then they should be footing the bill for a replacement.

I find it shameful that they are using their own failure that was ignored for a decade, to try and get more sales.

Personally I'd like a new dryer as I don't trust this one anymore and can't use it... If anything where to happen and it caused a fire I have no doubt that it would nullify my insurance by using a known faulty product... If I was to get a new one... it would have to be free or another brand.

Was thinking of complaining to my local MP... what steps are being taken to encourage Indesit (and the other affected brands) to offer FOC replacements to customers put at risk of their faulty products.

We got a new condenser dryer after being told we would have to wait a year for a repair. We got a brand new dryer for £49 off Hotpoint because they said if we take the old dryer to our local currys we save on their delivery charge of £50.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool: