Insurers trying a fast one

mch1991
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm seeking some advice.

I took out a new insurance policy last month as my previous cover had ended and I didn't accept their renewal qoute.

2 weeks after taking out the policy, I was involved in a road traffic collision, which is being dealt with.

The insurance company wrote to me requesting proof of documents, which I duly sent off via email.

They've stated everything is fine, except the DVLA check code, which they're denying that they have viewed it as the code is "invalid".

I've sent them 3 codes now, all of which they have viewed according to the DVLA.

However, they are denying this and are threatening to void my policy if I do not produce a code.

It seems to me that they're trying it on, it's really frustrating because I can see that they have viewed the codes.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm stressed out enough as it is with having to prove my innocence in relation to the traffic collision, and now I'm being threatened with having the policy voided even though I've done everything that they have asked.

Don't think so. A bit odd that they are checking tne details and saying the code is invalid. Given how important it is, i would suggest you phone them with a new code and make sure they view the DVLA records. Make a complaint and suggest to them that they need to compensate you for costs in dealing with such a simple matter.

When you phone them, get a direct a name and direct phone number for someone dealing with your complaint. Also ask for an email address to follow up your compaint.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It's really strange, the DVLA have the codes as being viewed on the 11th February, 17th February and 20th February, and the insurance company are the only ones to have the code, so it's not possible anyone else has viewed it.

They denied receiving my last email, even though I have proof it was sent and delivered on the 15th February 2017 at 14:31.

I will try calling them, it seems strange how they've accepted all my other proofs, yet deny checking these codes.

I get the feeling that they're looking to void my policy to avoid having to deal with the claim, and it's unbelievably frustrating when I can see they have checked the codes.

What you have to remember is that Insurance companies can be spread across different offices around the country. Some companies have also outsourced some work, so it may be that the people checking DVLA are not the actual staff you need to view the details. Only once the codes have expired do the actual staff you need to deal with them, Finally get the codes.

Rubbish service, bur some companies are like that. Suggest in future that you ensure that you have direct contact details of the person and department wanting the information, so that you can make sure it gets to them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

These check codes are valid for 21 days and are generated from data that you have provided and derived from your driving licence number, your national insurance number and the post code as shown on your driving licence. Most often, problems are incurred because, either, your licence was not issued in England, Scotland or Wales OR you have used the postcode from your current address which may be different to that shown on your licence. As you have already received check codes, why not get a mate, partner or somebody you know well to verify the codes for you? This way, you will be able to see whether the codes are good or invalid due to a transcription error or one of the reasons given earlier.