xercise4less /crs threats help please

Saikat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was referring to this discussion thread and found myself in very similar situation. Got the below mail from CRS yesterday.

Hello Saikat

We regret that despite our attempts to reach an amicable resolution to your account, you remain in arrears to Xercise 4 Less with an outstanding balance of £186.47.

We must therefore give notice that failing to arrange payment will result in your account being outsourced to an external debt collection company or a firm of Solicitors for further action.

We're still happy to listen to your reasons for not paying and will do whatever we can to reach an acceptable resolution for both parties. All that is required is for you to call us on 01444 449 165 within the next 10 days

Our office is open between 08:30am and 6:00pm, Monday to Friday. Your reference number again is 8443407.

If you would prefer us to call you, please confirm a suitable number to reach you on.

Many thanks,

Rob Avery

CRS Collections Manager

However I have already notified XERCIZE4LESS (to the mail address of general manager of their Hounslow facility as provided in their contact webpage) on 3rd October 2016 for not extending my membership beyond October 2016. Sent them the below email that time

Hi,

I have recently moved from [redacted] to Brentford. hence want to cancel my membership at xercise4less Hounslow. I think the membership was from Nov 2015 to Oct 2016. So requesting you not to renew/extend the membership beyond 31st October 2016

My membership information is as follows

Name : [redacted]

Address : [redacted]

Phone : [redacted]

Please inform me if I have to complete any other formalities. Else I will remove the direct payment instruction for your club after this month's payment which is scheduled on 5th October

Thanks for your service so far and look forward to join back the club if I move to that area in future

Thanks

Saikat

Hence I have replied CRS with the below mail. While sending this mail, I have attached the very mails that I sent to XERCIZE4LESS on last October

Hi,

We have sent attached mails to manager of XCERCIZE4LESS's Hounslow branch on 3rd October 2016 for not extending membership of mine and my wife beyond 31st October 2016.

Please be noted that the mails are sent to the mail address that is provided in the their official website (refer attached screen-print of the website)

We have categorically asked them to inform us for any further action required from our side to cancel the membership. However

1. We have not received any reply of our email

2. We have not received any other email from them on payment default

We have already paid membership fees to XCERCIZE4LESS till October 2016. Hence we believe that we do not have any outstanding payments to them

Requesting you to ask XCERCIZE4LESS to update the record immediately

Thanks

Do you advice me to take any other action? Any suggestion will be highly appreciated

Thanks & Regards

Saikat

Edited by slick132

Saikat: I have had to edit your two posts above in order to protect your identity. We try to keep identifying personal information out of posts for your protection.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

own thread created

please post here now.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the only thing you might owe is one month membership after you cancelled

use the slick letter in threads here to offer that only.

if they refuse

you ignore them

they are not baliffs

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Saikat: I have had to edit your two posts above in order to protect your identity. We try to keep identifying personal information out of posts for your protection.

thank u very much

Hi Saikat,

I've further edited your post above to remove duplicated stuff.

To enable us to comment properly, please confirm.

1. Date you joined.

2. Date the DD was usually paid each month.

3. Date the last DD was paid to Harlands.

Ignore Harlands/CRS entirely for now. You have no need to contact them yet.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi slick132,

Thanks for your reply. The answer of your question are as follows

1. Date you joined --> 5th November 2015. I have mail evidence for that. The joining mail says 'You are committing to a single £0.00 admin fee payment and £14.99 per month for a minimum of 11 months. After this minimum term your membership payments will continue on a monthly basis.'

2. Date the DD was usually paid each month. --> 5th of each month

3. Date the last DD was paid to Harlands. --> 5th October 2016. Pls note that following payment is taken from my bank

6th Nov 2015 --> 34.99. That is 14.99 as first monthly fee + 20 GBP joining fee

5th Dec 2015 to 5th Oct 2016 --> 14.99 each month

So I have paid 12 installments + 20 joining fee. I have sent them the mail for membership cancellation on 3rd Oct 2016. Considering 30 days notice period, the contract should be end on 02 Nov. That means I have used the gym for 12 months

Regards as always

Saikat

Hi Saikat,

The important facts are :-

1. You joined for a minimum 12 months.

2. You gave notice to cancel on 3rd Oct 2016.

3. Your 12th payment was paid on 5th October 2016.

Hence you did all that was required and you owe the gym nothing. You can therefore ignore demands from Harlands/CRS.

Send a very brief letter to X4Less Head Office in Leeds saying the 3 points above followed by :-

I require that you instruct Harlands/CRS to make no further demands in this matter and reply to me in writing confirming this within 14 days.

Get a free Cert of Posting at the PO when you send it.

:-)

If Harlands/CRS make any further demands or contact, I will make formal complaints about Xercise4Less as well as Harlands/CRS.

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)