N244 filed but transferred to a court miles away

afcwben
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies if this has been posted to the wrong forum.

I have filed an N244 on behalf of someone I know, just received a N271 Notice of transfer of proceedings. the problem is it has been transferred to a court absolutely miles away can I get it reassigned to a more ocal court?

What was the form N244 about? Is the court to which it has been transferred your opponents court? You should probably tell us a little bit of the story of this case – otherwise we really just guessing.

However, yes you can get the case transferred to your local court, assuming that you are a private individual against a company or else that you are the defendant.

What was the form N244 about? Is the court to which it has been transferred your opponents court? You should probably tell us a little bit of the story of this case – otherwise we really just guessing.

However, yes you can get the case transferred to your local court, assuming that you are a private individual against a company or else that you are the defendant.

I have filed this on behalf of my son who is chronically physically disabled, he lives independently.

He is unable to retrieve or open post so his carers have to do it and any issues they call me.

This is something we haven't seen my son doesn't even recognise it, I have contacted the company who issues the summons and obtained a default judgement this is for an amount of approximately £325.

The company will not reveal any information to me due to data protection, my son finds it difficult to speak so had no choice but to file an N244 so we can ask them face to face what this is and not something someone did in his name which is a possibility.

The court it has been transferred to is no where near where my son or I live and even further from the claimants. I think it is a mistake.

how do I get this transferred to a local court?

Did you ask for it to be transferred to your local county court on the N244 ?

What order have you requested on the N244...Im not sure a court would understand....

" so we can ask them face to face what this is and not something someone did in his name which is a possibility."

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I'm afraid that it seems as if we are having to tease the information out of you.

Because you have filed an N244, it suggest to me that a claim has been issued and a defence has been filed in response.

Please would you post up in PDF format, the claim form, the defence, and the N244 and that will help us understand where you are.

I'm afraid that it seems as if we are having to tease the information out of you.

Because you have filed an N244, it suggest to me that a claim has been issued and a defence has been filed in response.

Please would you post up in PDF format, the claim form, the defence, and the N244 and that will help us understand where you are.

A claim was issued and a judgement was obtained, the original claim was never seen, that was the basis of the n244, it was asked to be sent to the local court but for some reason people think that Norwich and Ipswich are next door to each other. Need it to be heard in Ipswich is there a form that can get this transferred to the local court/

Back it up another step. Who was the claimant.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

A claim was issued and a judgement was obtained, the original claim was never seen, that was the basis of the n244, it was asked to be sent to the local court but for some reason people think that Norwich and Ipswich are next door to each other. Need it to be heard in Ipswich is there a form that can get this transferred to the local court/

So you have requested a set a side of the judgment...because you didn't receive the initial claim and wish to defend it...you have a valid defence ?

Did you mark on the N244 to be heard in your local county court?

Regards

Andy

PS I have moved your thread to the Financial Legal Issues forum..please continue to post here.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

So you have requested a set a side of the judgment...because you didn't receive the initial claim and wish to defend it...you have a valid defence ?

Did you mark on the N244 to be heard in your local county court?

Regards

Andy

there is a valid defence and yes did ask for it to be heard in the local court, the court it has been transferred to is local to no one that's what doesn't make sense. Ther claimant is Asset Collections & Investigations ltd

Ring the court then and advise them that have failed to transfer the claim to your local county court...and being litigant defendant can they correct this.

Well you shouldn't be ringing Northampton...its the court that they have informed you of were it will be transferred to...there is also email.

bit like Northampton thought that Torquay & Bromley were next to each other a while back!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

bit like Northampton thought that Torquay & Bromley were next to each other a while back!

If you use a paper map, and fold it 'just right' ..... they can be!

Hey, that could be the basis for a new slogan for them:

"HMCTS : we operate in another dimension!"

• 2 weeks later...

You only submit an N180/181 at allocation stage...not to transfer a claim from one county court to another.

Apologies if this has been posted to the wrong forum.

I have filed an N244 on behalf of someone I know, just received a N271 Notice of transfer of proceedings. the problem is it has been transferred to a court absolutely miles away can I get it reassigned to a more ocal court?

Hi

Please can you show us the Order?

(by bankfodder)

seems like it. the full claimants (behind asset) details might be useful.

is it something to do with care services company, in partic one based in norwich?

but, yes. it shld go to the 'persons' court not the company's.

We really need to see the Court transfer Order please.

I suspect that you are getting confused by the fact that there is no longer an administrative team on site at Ipswich County Court.

The case will still have all the hearings in Ipswich but all paperwork and administration is sent to and dealt with at Norwich County Court.